CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Re: CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:34 am

Thank you, I hope you enjoy things when you get a chance to read.

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Mission 24 – “The Quake” Part 1
Sim Date: January 7th, 2017
IC Date: December 5th 2393 Time: 14:25:00
Stardate: 70927.67 ST:E Stardate: 11701.07
Attendance:
SokothQultuq as Captain Oliver Alexander Savage – Commanding Officer
DharmaHelper as Commander Sully Derringer – Executive Officer
SpaceDaisy as Lieutenant Commander Elianna Kestran – Chief Medical Officer
InsertNameHere as Lieutenant Junior Grade Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer
Glorfindel as Cadet Cameron Corcoran – Science Officer
CJ as Game Director

================= =/\= ============================ =/\= =================
OOC & Pre Sim Information:
We ran into some hiccups with IRC during our first attempts at running our show over on the ST:E site but we still managed to at least get part of a storyline run. It was great to be more of an active role in the Simulation after having a Game Director for our activity. (Thank you CJ!!!)
So here is a few things I recommend for those of you who had trouble with the IRC Client. I know one of the appealing ideas of ST:E was to not have to download a chat client but it might be advisable as a backup or a permanent solution. CJ the game director from this last weekend has a tutorial up on the ST:E forums which I will link below that suggests a client and gives a tutorial on how it’s used. I think I’m going to give it a try myself because it sounds like it might be less buggy and might have more features available than the Embedded one. Until James their network systems admin is able to add our room links to the IRC you will want to remember those command which I will also include those below.
Just a reminder that ST:E does have a language restriction, we need to try and start being mindful of this to respect other age brackets and maturity levels that may be attending or reading our log sin the future. Thank you!
Lastly thank you all for coming and being a part of our kick off mission officially with ST:E!

Here is the link to the “Quick and Dirsty IRC-Client How to” by C.J. Short: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=402

Join any of the existing vessels IRC rooms then once it loads type in /join #ST_MissionRoom1 which is our RP room and once that one loads type in /join #SomaLounge is our OOC room.

Mission Briefing:
The USS Tempest remains in orbit of Pacifica, where Temporal Affairs has been investigating their sudden appearance 15 years after its disappearance. An odd earthquake had trapped part of the crew, though they are relatively unharmed, and are quickly being unburied. However, a new question has risen: what is the deal with that earthquake? As a terraformed world, it should have been minor at most...

Captains Log Recording File

“Captains log Stardate: 70927.67.” He pauses for a moment and rotates an arm, grimacing. “A massive earthquake has devastated the planet Pacifica. The infrastructure on the planet was not intended to be involved in any sort of seismic event and it certainly shows. As of right now reports coming up from the surface indicate that nearly four thousand are wounded, and surprisingly only thirty seven dead so far. We’ve been lucky thus far and the Tempest crew has only seen injuries and no deaths but we still have several crew unaccounted for.” He pauses and leans back in his chair.

“I’ve never been buried by a quake before, and I can safely say it’s not an experience I wish to re-live. Myself, Elianna, and Johnny were at one of the local café’s getting breakfast when it hit, brought the whole damn place down around our ears. Let me tell you, it does not help with a hangover. My head is still pounding!” We have been working closely with Emergency services to beam survivors out of rubble that search and rescue crews cannot access by conventional means, and all of our cargo bays, Soma Lounge and just about any empty space has been turned into a triage centers. We’re getting close to capacity as far as life support goes but were doing our part.” Standing he moves out from behind his desk, and begins pacing.
“We’ve detected some interesting readings on the other side of the planet in the uninhabited zone of the planet, were going to reposition the ship and see about taking a closer look.” He stops staring at a painting on the wall; he seems suddenly lost in his own thoughts. “End log!”

Flight Data Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Mission 25 – “The Quake” - Part 2
Sim Date: 1/14/2017
IC Date: December 5th 2393 Time: 16:25:00
Stardate: 70927.90 ST:E Stardate: 11701.14
Attendance:
Captain Oliver Alexander Savage – Commanding Officer
Commander Sully Derringer – Executive Officer
Lieutenant Commander Elianna Kestran – Chief Medical Officer
Lieutenant Junior Grade Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer
Ensign Eldrida Trost
CJ as Game Director

Noteable NPCs:
Admiral Glenn
Science Officer Mendoza
Science Officer Nores
Navigator Des
Lieutenant Emily Reed – Formerly of the USS Paris – 102 Years from the past.

Elianna Kestran has advised me that she will not attend this week due to work. Thank you Annie!
So it is official we will become one with Sigma Rho, ST:E management is working out those details. This just means our scope just got much bigger, and you now have more responsibilities. Not just aboard ship but aboard a Space Station. I would encourage you to get to know the Sigma Rho station; her particulars can be found on the website. This is exciting as we will be taking on a DS9’ish like approach where we split our time between the station and the ship. It will still be several weeks before that transition occurs. I’ll keep you posted as I know more.

Mission Briefing:
I am going to say that two hours have passed. The rescue and recovery operation on the ground is well underway, so you can all have returned to the ship if you would like. In that time, the ship has been taking scans of the planet's surface and trying to determine the source of the quake.

Duty Log Recorder File: Savage, Oliver A

The bridge is once again bustling with life and the crew is bathed in the amber lighting of the yellow alert status as the image comes online. “Captains log, Stardate 70927.90 supplemental. We have had several startling revelations in the past few hours. Science officers Mendoza and Nores have been pivotal in finding more information on this quake that has devastated the planet Pacifica, a notation of their good work will be entered into their service jackets.” He glances off to the side of the bridge as he watches the Admiral exit the turbolift and head back into the conference room.
“Admiral Glenn came aboard at the start of all of this and has been taking a very active role in coordinating the surface search and rescue as well as helping to get the planetary infrastructure back up and running on its own. For the first several hours the Tempest was serving as the planetary communications network which slowed our initial process in getting to the bottom of whatever is causing this.” He shifts in his chair. “The Admiral has done a fantastic job and I’m happy to say he has kept to himself and his task other than asking for occasional updates on our progress. It’s nice to have a flag officer around who just lets us do our jobs.”
“We broke from our standard orbit and have taken up a geostationary orbit over where we believe the origin of the quake has occurred. To our surprise, we have detected what appears to be Plasma Energy weapon residuals so were operating at Yellow Alert until we can surmise what exactly is going on. To make matters more interesting the sensor reading is coming from under the surface of one of Pacifica’s many oceans. We have opted to send down a Class III Planetary survey probe to see if it can help us get clear readings on the anomaly. If that fails, we have been given the optional use of a submersible to investigate the area which is still up in the air.”
“I’m a little concerned about Mr. Derringer. He has been acting rather odd lately and I am not sure what to think of it. He is starting to turn into a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Of his latest one is a fascinating idea and something to look into regardless if it is our fault or not, but he feels that we might be out of tune essentially with the universe having been misplaced in time. I am not sure if it is as server as he believes but since we have never known to have anyone stuck out of time permanently other than Doctor Gillian Anderson I feel it is perhaps something worth exploring. Since my go, too Science officer has been ill I believe I will pass this on to him once he is well enough to report for duty. Mr. Corcoran seems to be a bit aloof since coming aboard. Too much Starfleet, not enough Cameron. Just like most Cadets fresh from the Academy he’s got a lot to learn, but I have a feeling he’s going to fit in just fine.”
“Councilor Trost finally awoke as did our other time traveler, Lieutenant Emily Reed. They have been in a coma like state since we arrived in this time. I am thankful that she is all right however; I am told that Emily may not have fared so well. Once the councilor is up too it she is going to have one heck of a job in front of her.” He glances up at the viewscreen for a moment watching the small timer in the bottom tick off. “It’s going to be a long day ahead of us still. End log!”

Flight Data Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 am

Mission 24 – “The Quake” – Part 3
Sim Date: January 21, 2017
IC Date: December 5, 2393 Time: 18:04:27
Stardate: 70928.09 ST:E Stardate: 11701.21
Attendance:
Captain Oliver Alexander Savage – Commanding Officer
Lieutenant Junior Grade Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer
Cadet Cameron Corcoran – Science Officer
Ensign Eldrida Trost – Councilor
CJ as Game Director

Notable NPC’s Used:
Admiral Glenn
Science Officer Nores
Lietuenant Emily Reed – Formerly of the USS Paris – 102 years from the past.

Great job at the last meeting everyone, a lot of dynamic player interaction. I enjoyed what I saw a lot and I know I’m not the only one.
I believe the plan right now is that once we conclude our current story arc we will be integrating Sigma Rho so that is our current time frame for that to happen.

Mission Briefing:
The Tempest remains in orbit of Pacifica, where it has discovered the source of the quake: a plasma-based explosion on an ocean bed. An atmospheric probe is gathering more data.

Duty Log Recording File: Savage, Oliver A

As the camera comes alive Oliver can be seen standing silhouetted by image of Star’s and a blue planet slipping past in the window at the back of the ready room. The camera slowly pans and zooms in, his expression somber as he stares out the window, his left hand holds what appears to be a clear liquid. “Captains Log Stardate 70928.09, Supplemental.” His voice is cold and distant, it’s as if he’s miles away.

“While conducting our survey with the Class III Planetary survey probe we lost contact with it for no specific reason. Before losing our telemetry with the thing we did determine that someone or something has mined the ocean bed and used some sort of Plasma Explosive to damage the sea bed. We have hypothesized that the debris that’s been stirred up down there may be preventing our sensors from penetrating all the way to the bottom.” He pauses and takes a drink from his cup.

“I’ve sent Lieutenant Cleveland, Ensign Cocoran and one of his fellow science officers Mr. Nores down to the planet surface to take a submersible down to investigate further. They were given orders to Observe and report back what they find. They didn’t even get into the turbolift before they began bickering.” He paused, his cheeks flushing a slight pink. “I clearly gave orders that Johnny was to be in charge of the mission, granted it is a Science mission but for whatever reason they decided it was a democracy.” He pauses as the color in his cheeks deepens. “I thought about stepping in and interjecting but as soon as I did Johnny seemed to put his foot down, and then summarily did a one eighty. I honestly don’t understand him sometimes.” He turned and leaned heavily against the window sill his attention on the small computer device sitting on his desk and the picture.

“Ms. Trost and Reed were apparently released from Sickbay, Eldrida was nice enough to see to our guests needs and get her settled in until we can figure out what to do with her. And ensure she’s in good health of course.” He closes his eyes for a moment then looks back out the window. “She’s going to have one hell of a job ahead of her. This crew needs help adjusting.”

“An update was sent up by the away team not long ago letting us know it would be about an hour before they arrive at the location of the disruption on the ocean bottom. So it’s a watch and wait game until then. End log!” The camera slowly fades to black.

Personal Log Recording File: Savage, Oliver A

The camera slowly fades in; Oliver can be seen sitting on the small couch up against the wall in his ready room. A P.A.D.D. held in his hands, his expression is one of unmistakable sadness. His eyes are clearly red, and his cheeks streaked. “Personal Log….” He pauses to take a drink from the glass of water he had been nursing for the last half hour. His throat felt dry. “Where do I start…” he stars down at the P.A.D.D. in his hands. “How do you come back from the dead?” he muttered. “My family buried me. There’s a tombstone in my families plot with my name on it.” He slumped a bit as he shifted. “I’m dead to them. They cannot even acknowledge that I am still alive. I’ve heard of the many stages of grieving but then how does one react to a loved one coming back from the dead.”

A tear slowly worked its way from the corner of his eye down his cheek. “Johnny asked me how I was able to keep a straight face through this. How I acted like it never happened.” He paused taking in a deep breath, then blowing it out. “How indeed.” His hands tightened on the device between them and it groaned in protest. “A Captain has to be a rock for his crew, someone that they can look to in order to see that everything is all right.”

The P.A.D.D. groaned further in protest of the heavy handed twisting motion it was getting as Oliver tensed. “I’m not alright damn it!” he blurted as the device sparked suddenly and split in half violently. Both pieces went spinning across the room as he hurled them away. “I’ve lost twenty-two years of my life!” he blurted. “I was buried! They had a damn funeral!” his chest heaved a few times as he tried to compose himself. “Twenty-two years!”

“We don’t even know how!” he said standing. “Why someone would just hold us suspended in time for twenty-two years and then send us on our way!” he began pacing. “A cruel freaking joke!” he said. “I’ve looked at the logs, there was no way we would have made it out of the range of that blast from the Paris. We should be dead, but were not!” he clinched his fists. He so very much wanted something to punch, some way to let this anger, frustration, and whatever else was welling up inside him to just be done with it. Letting out a loud growl, he dropped back down onto the couch holding his head in his hands for a long moment. “I am a rock, I am strong!” he muttered to himself barely audible. “They need me to be a rock!” Several long moments passed as he sat there holding his head whispering to himself. Willing his emotions back under control.

Slowly he sat back picking up the glass of water. “I used to go to Crater Lake with my father, we’d spend hours walking some of the trails, camping, even did a little fishing up there. It was some of the only time I ever got to see him when he wasn’t working. My father passed away while I was gone. I’ll never get that chance to see him, to tell him goodbye. The best I can do now is visit his grave.” He took a drink of water.

“My mother was put into an assisted living facility; her mind they say is gone. She does not even remember her kids anymore. Happened shortly after they lost my father and me. They said my mother took it terribly hard. I was asked not to go see my mother. They said it might confuse her, cause her more harm than good. Lost for twenty-two years and I cannot even see my mother if I wanted too!” he stood up abruptly again.

“Oh now let’s see, Hannah! My oldest sister, still trucking along in Starfleet. Won’t speak to me, or acknowledge that I’m alive. Blames me for mom. How great is that. Find out oh after all these years that your bother is alive and won’t even take my Comms!” he said.

“How about my sister Rachael! She won’t see anyone, not since she was injured during the war. I was able to look into that and found out that her ship was nearly destroyed with her aboard. She was apparently horribly disfigured, and left disabled. She’s apparently down the hall from my mother at the assisted living facility. The dominion maimed my sister. She won’t see anyone, not even her brother who she cannot admit is back from the dead either.”

The camera began to pan, and follow Oliver as he crossed the room. Switching angles as he passed into the space where the Head and the replicator sat. He thrust the cup into the replicator to recycle it, but in his distracted state hit the back shattering the glass. “Damn it!” he said pulling his hand back then dropping the handle in the machine, and very forcefully hit the recycle button causing it to whirl and dissipate the glass and liquid. “Damn!” he said again through clenched teeth.

“I’m a rock, my crew needs me!” he says again to himself. Stepping into the bathroom, the lights came on in the small space. Reaching out he activates the cold water. “I am a rock!” he repeats as he leans over the sink. His voice trembling. “I am a rock!” he says stopping and staring at himself at the edge of the mirror. Slowly he pulls water into his hands and splashes it onto his face. “I am a rock!” he says again, and splashes his face with water. He repeated this a few more times allowing the water to ease the redness of his eyes, and clear away the signs of tears.

Slowly he stood erect, staring into the mirror. He forces his expression to change. Pushed back the hate, frustration, and sorrow he felt. Slowly there were no signs that there was any trouble what-so-ever, his expression was neutral like a Vulcans. He quickly ran a comb through his hair, and aside from a bit of water on his uniform vest it was as if what had transpired over the last few minutes had not happened at all. Taking in a deep breath, he let it out slowly. “Rock! End log!” he said, and slowly the camera faded to black.

Flight Data Recorder

Cadet

Postby Annie Browne » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 am

There it is! The chipper, devil may care Ollie was making me nervous. ;) Great writing Dan!

Cadet

Postby Matthew Kennedy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:07 am

I'll confess, I'm super-impressed by that Captain - totally awesome job!

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks guys! It will be fun trying to put that into an Audio Log at a later date.

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 am

OOC: So I've been catching up on my Audio Logs, here are my two recent conversions.

This one is for Mission 16 - "Shakedown" part 4
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vF6DDSG9dg[/youtube]

This one is from mission 17 - "Shakedown" part 5
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMO9pKX3dtg[/youtube]

Previous

Return to Spacedock