CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:51 am

OOC:

Hello All,

Thank you for welcoming me and my crew into your home as one of yours. I'm looking forward to doing great things with you all as time permits. In speaking with Aoibhe about how to integrate into your community we thought allowing you to see where we've come from might help. We are fairly new only having started this Sim in March of 2016, we've run 22 Missions in that time together. I will post those logs which we've been hosting on another site until now. I will include the logs as they are posted as well as links to the Chat Logs, and the few Audio Captain's logs I've managed to get done/converted. I hope you enjoy reading.

Thank you.

Captain Savage, Oliver Alexander
Commanding Officer
USS Tempest NCC-1852-A

Ensign

Re: CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:55 am

Mission 1 – Training Cruise
Sim Date: 5/28/2016
IC Date: May 24, 2370 TIME: 18:36:00
Stardate: 47393.90
Attendance: 6
Dharmahelper – Chief of Security
InsertNameHere33 - TAC
JaggedJimmyJay - CENG
Moving pictures07 - HELM
SpaceDaisy42 - CO
SokothQultuq - SM

Mission Briefing: Your mission tonight will be an exploration of the Orion Nebula, It’s been a while since anyone’s visited this nebula which is one of the closest to earth. You’re at Starbase 001 in orbit of Earth, docked.

================ =/\= ========================= =/\= ==================
Duty Log Entry: Commodore Jenkin, Andrew Brian

The screen comes alive and focuses on Commodore Jenkins standing at a set of floor to ceiling windows looking out at the Starfleet Academy campus below watching the cadet’s move below. “Commandants log, Stardate 201605.28,” His brow wrinkled as turned back to his desk. “The USS Texas still has not returned from the Orion Nebular, the sensor feed from the ship showed something unexpected as they approached the Orion Nebula, a debris trail. The ship’s Acting Captain made the decision to enter the nebula and follow the debris trail. Luckily the sensor buoys set in place to observe them as they explored the nebula are still transmitting back so we were able to see what the Texas found.” He shifted in his chair uneasy. “A massive ship. I’ve never seen anything like it. The Captain was right to follow her intuition. As the Texas approached the vessel we lost our sensor feed from the Texas after they passed into the vessels gravity field. So now we wait to see what the outcome will be. At the moment we have the USS Bradbury standing by in case of trouble but we’ll let the Cadets go for gold, it’s not every day you get this sort of opportunity.” He said shifting in his chair a good bit uneasy and shut down the recording device. The Starfleet emblem appears and the screen fade’s to black.
================ =/\= ========================= =/\= ==================

Pre Sim Post on BBS:
An aged and seasoned man strolls out in front of the conference hall, coming slowly to a stop in front of a large screen adorned with a large Starfleet Academy Logo. He stands there waiting as the room quiets down. He seems to be lost in his own thoughts, he scratches at a balding spot at the top of his head. After a long moment he glances up. "Welcome cadets!" he says and begins a slow walk towards one side of the stage. "Today you will get to live the dream. You get to go out there into the vastness of space, or at least a short distance into space and take part in an exercise in which you will be judged on your performance." he turns and starts pacing the other direction. "Now we have three vessels going out, each on its own specific mission." he stops and turns. "Altar Misfits, will be assigned to the USS Ohio with Captain Doan." he continues to pace, once again stopping to glance at the next group. "Lady Lucks, you get the USS Vermont with Captain Stennis." he continues and once again comes to a stop turning to stare at you and your classmates. "The Syndicate, you will be taking out the USS Texas. You'll meet your Captain aboard ship. Be gentle, she's and old ship but she still has it where it counts." he looked to the rest of the class. "Get with your Class Quartermaster and head to your ship, Dismissed!" he said as he strolled from the room.

About an hour goes by, you get your uniforms issued and after a short shuttle ride up to Starbase 001 in orbit around earth you peer out and see the your approaching a vessel, she's a Miranda Class vessel. She certainly does not show her age but you know by the looks of her she's certainly one of Starfleet's Earlier models of the Miranda class. The shuttle glides into the shuttlebay and settles to the deck, the engines quiet down and the door slides open admitting you to your first vessel, the smell of the recycled air is unique but tolerable.

FLIGHT DATA RECORDER TRANSCRIPT

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 am

Mission 2 – Training Cruise Continued
Sim Date: 6/4/2016
IC Date: May 25, 2370 TIME: 06:11:19
Stardate: 47395.22
SpaceDaisy – Commanding Officer
DharmaHelper – Chief of Security
InsertNameHere33 – Tactical Officer
FourOfShades – Chief Science Officer
MovingPictures – Helmsman
SokothQultuq – Sim Master

Mission Briefing: The USS Texas (A Miranda class vessel) Entered the Orion Nebula after spotting a debris trail leading into the nebula. They have docked with a massive egg like ship that is very old, has sustained damaged to its starboard engine as far as you can see from the exterior. Communication was established only after docking was made with the vessel, though alarming it seemed harmless. A "HELP" message was transmitted to the crew prompting an away team to board the vessel. The Captain and Chief Engineer headed aft towards the engine room while the Security and Tactical Officer headed forward where they found 2 dead Romulan Corpses. The Chief Engineer began detecting an overload from the vessels battery system which has been caused by damage to the engines.

================= =/\= ============================ =/\= =================
Duty Log Entry: Commodore Jenkins, Andrew Brian

The commodore sat just outside the airlock gantry staring out at the USS Texas, he had a bit of a grin gracing his lips as he watched the ship finish powering down after a successful docking. The ships Acting Captain strolled off the ship and over to where he was sitting flopping down into the chair. “Captain,” he said with a nod. “You look well.” He said ribbing the woman who had just had to undergo radiation treatments.
“Aye,” she said, holding her stomach as she leaned back into the cushy chair. “An experience I don’t wish to repeat anytime soon.” She shifted uneasy in the chair. “I take it this isn’t a simple social call since you’ve denied everyone aboard shore leave?” she asked with mild curiosity in her voice.
“Indeed, your very astute.” He held out a Padd. “You’ve been authorized a training cruise. You’ll take the current crew with a few additions out on a six month training cruise. I’m fairly certain you can handle it.” He nodded to the Texas. “How’d she fair?”
With an eyebrow raised she slowly looked from the Padd to the Commodore. “It’s been a while since we’ve done a training cruise this long, the last one was what. The Enterprise?”
He nodded sagely. “A disaster to be sure. Starfleet feels like this would be a good time to try a simple cruise, not too far from Earth and out of the way of all the trouble area’s Starfleet is managing right now.” He reached down beside him and took up a mug. “This could be a good thing for Starfleet.” The man took a long pull from the mug. “Think you can handle a bunch of cadets for six months on some routine cruise?”
She nodded. “They did very well with the Alien vessel we encountered, a little rowdy but they did well.” She stood slowly. “I guess we had better get under way then…” she said nodding to the Commodore.
“Bring my ship back in one piece will ya?” he said, a smile gracing his lips.
“No promises…. They are cadets!” she disappeared through the airlock.
Slowly he stood himself and turned back to the recording device. “For the record,” a frown slowly returned. “I think this is a bad idea…” he looked down at his cup then back out at the ship as it began powering back up. “God speed!” he turned and started to walk away. “End log!” he said and the recording stopped replaced by the Starfleet Logo.

================== =/\= ============================ =/\= ======================

FLIGHT DATA RECORDER TRANSCRIPT - USS Texas

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 am

Mission 3 – Training Mission: Distress Signal
IC Date: October 28th, 2370 TIME: 13:51:35
Stardate: 47823.50
CO – JaggedJimmyJay
Sim Master – SokothQultuq
Helmsman – SpaceDaisy
Tactical Officer – Dharma
Chief of Security – InsertNameHere
Chief Engineer – MovingPictures

Pre Sim Information:
It has been 5 months since you’ve started your Training Cruise, you’ve had some fun times and some not so fun times but it has been relatively busy the entire time. You visited the following locations Tellar, Terra Nova, Mizar, and the Plexion Nebula. The USS Texas is currently in orbit of the Trill home world as a resupply layover before starting back towards the SOL system to return to Earth and your final days at Starfleet Academy.

Mission: The Texas crew has bed down for the night, it is about 23:00 Hours aboard ship. Most of the cargo has been loaded and the crew was brought back from leave planet side earlier that day. In the morning they will be starting to make their way back to the Sol System and Earth. Duty Starts at 0600.

COM UNIT 3252B21-116 - Emergency Log Recorder

The Audio recording comes active, there is a ting of static but the voice comes through clearly. “Commander Savage’s Log,” there is a long pause. “I have no idea what the current Stardate is. The USS Lake Stevens, Texas, and USS Syndicate (Place holder name…) engaged a hostile alien vessel which was in pursuit of the Lake Stevens. All three of our vessels were either destroyed or damaged to the point where we were force to abandon ship. I managed to dump our core and antimatter pods on the thing before sending my ship off away from the alien vessel, hopefully she’s still up there. I’ve not had a chance to regroup with my people or anyone else for that matter I’m still working on treating wounded including myself. They are here!” he paused a moment. It sounds as if he’s drinking from a canteen. “I saw their drop ships for lack of a better term, they didn’t appear powered came straight down like a meteor. I’ve got to find my crew and meet up with the rest of the other Starfl…” the sound of something snapping twigs can be heard. “End log!”

Flight Data Recorder - USS Texas
Flight Data Recorder - USS Tempest
AUDIO RECORDING: Com Unit 3252B21-116

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:08 am

Mission 4 – Planet Fall - Part 1
IC Date: October 28, 2370 TIME: 16:50:18
Stardate: 47823.84
Attendance: 4
This was a Free Form sim mostly in which we used character names so they will be referenced here instead of posts.
<Oliver> ^& SM = SokothQultuq
<Johnny> - InsertNameHere
<Elianna> - SpaceDaisy
Spectator - MovingPictures
Pre Sim Information:

Mission Update: The crews of the USS Texas, Lake Stevens, and USS Syndicate have all gone to ground on planet. There are survivors spread out all over the planet. Some that you may or may not have met up with have spotted odd craft much like meteors come down the planet. You've got your escape pod an all its equipment. Which is roughly I believe 58 days of Food and Water.

There is a slight burst of static as the recording device comes online the audio sounds a bit as if its underwater for a moment then becomes clear. “Commander Savage’s log Supplemental. We’ve managed to account for about 83 survivors so far as people continue to come out of the woods into the camp. Sixty one from the Lake Stevens, thirteen from the Tempest and only nine from the Texas so far.” He pauses as there is some commotion nearby. “More arrivals!” he says.
“One of the Cadets took a small party out along with some Lieutenant from the Stevens, his name was…” he pauses as if trying to remember the name. “Johnny Clever, or Cleveland I think. Bit of a cowboy I think. They ran into something which he could only describe as cat like but fish like.” Another long pause. “They of course shot at it. All I could get from his companions was they shot at it, it shrugged it off seemingly and jumped into the trees out of sight. The way Johnny tells it is the most heroic story you’ve ever heard. So it remains to be seen what comes next. We are setting up a good perimeter and sending patrols out during the day to scout for food and water and any other building materials.”
“I spoke to one of the engineers who says he does not believe our distress beacon is getting out of the atmosphere because were getting bleed over from it on our comm’s which has pretty much made communicators useless. This has me worried. It’s starting to get dark out and I’m told this isn’t exactly the best time to be out here on this planet. It’s already starting to rain. I’m not looking forward to whatever is around the corner. End Log!”

About 48 are from the Lake Stevens, 9 from the Syndicate and after looking you find 3 whom are badly wounded from the Texas

Flight Data Recorder Transcript
AUDIO FILE: Com Unit 3252B21-116 - Emergency Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 am

Mission 5 – Planet Fall Pt. 2
IC Date: October 27, 2370 TIME: 16:50:18
Stardate: 47823.84
Attendance: 4
SokothQultuq – SM/Oliver Savage
InsertNameHere33: Johnny Cleveland
SpaceDaisy42: Elianna
MovingPictures07: Homer
DeezNutzRRipe: Spectator

Pre Sim Information:

Mission:
It has been about 3 hours since the incident with the odd looking kitty. It’s starting to get very dark, and the rain is picking up as is the wind. There is a purple hue to the sky/clouds. Any attempts to use communicators has been met with signal issues due to the distress transmissions from the various escape pods. So they are essentially useless.
Most of the wounded have been stabilized but medical supplies are running somewhat low. Food stores from the escape pods here as well as what was brought by foot should hold out for about
30 days total. A roof has been erected, it’s not perfect but it’s helping keep the rain at bay.

For this sim you will be essentially posting as your characters just as we did last time. I will throw in some actions to move things along but otherwise its free form sim.

The recorder begins and the slight trill of a sound occasionally can be heard as it continues to play. “Commander Savage’s log…” the sound of thunder can be heard outside. We’ve taken refuge in the escape pods for the night as a tremendous storm has rolled in but not before our resident…” he pauses for a moment. “I want to say trouble maker but it’s not too fitting. More like Trouble Magnet maybe. Johnny Freaking Cleveland…” he shifts in the confined space. “He apparently spotted something in the trees and began firing like a mad man which brought well… the entire forest came down on us. Couldn’t see what they were but they were not happy about being shot at by us. Part of me enjoyed stunning him when he wouldn’t stop but then I realized I had to drag him back to the escape pods and keep them off him. I’m glad that others came to help at that moment. Let’s hope he doesn’t hold a grudge when he realizes what happened entirely. We will have to see how the morning looks when we get there. This is one hell of a storm. End log!”

AUDIO FILE: Com Unit 3252B21-116 Emergency Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 am

Mission 5 – Planet Fall Part 3
Sim Date: July 2, 2016
IC Date: October 28, 2370 Time: 09:34:03
Stardate: 47823.01
Attendance: 5
Sim Master (SM) & Oliver Savage = SokothQultuq
Johnny Cleveland – InsertNameHere
Sully – DharmaHelper
Captain CoolBreeze – DezNutz
Elianna – SpaceDaisy
Pre Sim Information:
As Johnny Cleveland and Sully awaken they find themselves in a damp cave like structure, the smell of saltwater fills the air. They both find themselves bound to flat rock slabs, tight binding material much the consistency of sea weed wrapped around them and the rock. Their bodies feel as if they cannot move anyhow, it’s as if they were given a paralytic. A creature, large an imposing is nearby moving their hands around in a tank full of aqua blue fluid, it almost glows.

The creature which you wager is about nine and half foot-tall hovers over Johnny, its features remind you of a cross between a cow and a fish. It has scales like a fish, gills, but it has the features of a cow. It runs a device across Johnny’s body then moves back over to the tank pulling what looks very much like a star fish from the tank then moves back over pulling Johnny’s mouth open and dropping the thing on it. As much as he wants to move, yell, scream at the thing he can’t as his body is immobile.

There is a brief moment of panic as he feels something force its way down his throat, a sharp pain but only briefly. The cow like creature lifts Johnny gently from the stone and he’s suddenly dropped into a deep tank of water where he is met by another of those cat like creatures he met before and took several shots at. This one grabs him and drags him along towards the bottom of the tank until he’s pushed against an upright slab in front of three aging cats, all with grey scales, long whiskers. Shortly after Sully joins him in front of them.

Johnny & Sully both notice that they are breathing fine under water. There are several sounds that can be heard in the water, slowly those sounds become words and are intelligible. It’s almost like a universal translator has suddenly been turned on.

“What species are you?”

Mission: Johnny and Sully have been captured by the alien species, they are in a tank filled with water, there are lights which give the chamber an electric blue ambiance. They are able to breath thanks to the starfish like things that were placed over their nose and mouth. They also appear to act as a translator as they are able to understand the voices around them which previously just sounded like whale or dolphin like sounds or growls.
Oliver, Coolbreeze, and Elianna have just come to the edge of what they are certain is the camp. There is a large unnatural rock or coral like protrusion from the ground and what appears to be the makings of a small village around it. There is food cooking, and aliens roaming about, but the only signs of Starfleet are some remnants of uniforms and equipment that’s been gathered into a pile. The entrance to the large coral/rock like protrusion is guarded. There are no sentries around the camp but its clear that there are armed individuals in the camp. Some of the aliens milling about look like giant cats but with scales not fur, some look more like cows but with scales, they all have these blue glowing contraptions around their necks that look as though they are filled with a liquid substance. They seem to be going about their daily routines, oblivious to the presence of the team.

The sound of movement through brush and mud can be heard over the recording, its unmistakable. “Commander Savage Log supplemental. Early this morning another camp was attacked, we heard it in the distance and decided to set out with a team to investigate. We arrived within a couple of hours and based on what we found I can only assume Johnny and Sully were here. We found some of their gear laying near the edge of the encampment. There was at least a dozen dead at the camp, we took the time to collect their communicator badges for identification purposes and buried the bodies we could find. This of course ate some of our time but we couldn’t just leave them like that for the wildlife to pick at. Were currently following the tracks left behind by whatever took the survivors of the attack and what I can only assume is also what took Johnny and Sully. Knowing Johnny, they must have been taken by surprise as we heard no other weapons fire. As much as he is a pain in the ass I do hope he’s alright!”

“He’s only a cadet Oliver!” Elianna’s voice called over the recording. “He’ll grow out of it eventually, may just be the stress of what happened, we all deal with it differently!”

“I know, and I agree with you. Hopefully he grows out of that before he goes into deep space or he could cause something very bad to happen.”

“He will, give him time!”

“Wishful thinking! Hopefully this will lead us to the camp of whatever took them. Either we’ll shoot our way in and out or I will need to come up with some kind of diplomatic solution to this. We just need to make contact! End Log!” the transmission ends with a pop.

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 am

Mission 7 – Planet Fall Part 4
Sim Date: 7/9/2016
In Game Date: October 28th, 2370 Time: 16:15:28
Stardate: 47823.77
Attendance: 5
SokothQultuq as Oliver Savage & SM
Space Daisy as Elianna
DeezNutz as Captain CoolBreeze
InsertNameHere as Johnny Cleveland & Sully
MovingPictures as Homer

Pre Sim Information:
329 survivors from the Lake Stevens, Texas, and Tempest have been recovered from the Camp of the “Kitties” 4 of the “Cats” helped direct and guide the large group back to camp without incident. Two reverently carried Oliver back after the doctor stabilized him but he’s currently in a medically induced coma as his injuries were sever.

Most of the prisoners aside from burns and other injuries sustained during the crash are in fairly good shape. Even the ones who were injured during the fighting and taken from our camp were healed and treated well.
The band of people is nearly at camp when we pick up in the next sim on 7/16/2016.

Mission:

Johnny and Sully have been captured by the alien species, they are in a tank filled with water, there are lights which give the chamber an electric blue ambiance. They are able to breath thanks to the starfish like things that were placed over their nose and mouth. They also appear to act as a translator as they are able to understand the voices around them which previously just sounded like whale or dolphin like sounds or growls.

Oliver, Coolbreeze, and Elianna have just come to the edge of what they are certain is the camp. There is a large unnatural rock or coral like protrusion from the ground and what appears to be the makings of a small village around it. There is food cooking, and aliens roaming about, but the only signs of Starfleet are some remnants of uniforms and equipment that’s been gathered into a pile. The entrance to the large coral/rock like protrusion is guarded. There are no sentries around the camp but its clear that there are armed individuals in the camp. Some of the aliens milling about look like giant cats but with scales not fur, some look more like cows but with scales, they all have these blue glowing contraptions around their necks that look as though they are filled with a liquid substance. They seem to be going about their daily routines, oblivious to the presence of the team.

COM UNIT 3252B21-278 - Emergency Log Recorder
CMO Elianna Kestran

"It's been an eventful few hours here. Johnny's Kitties, as we've been taken to calling them, held some of our people captive. It would seem the Lake Stevens somehow personally offended their gods during their last mission and they were seeking to punish someone for it. Unfortunately, the result is that Commander Savage is now laying over in the triage area in a medically induced coma. I have no idea what they did to him because I can't properly diagnose it without something better than a basic medical tricorder!"

Elianna can be heard sighing in frustration, "I don't have the equipment available to treat him here. These damn cats tell us to leave, but we can't get our emergency transmission out so Starfleet can rescue us! I don't know how long they will let us wait before they decide we are trespassing. We need to get the signal through soon, or Oliver is going to die and we may not be far behind."

A woman's voice can be heard calling from afar, "Dr. Kestran, We need your help over here!"

"End recording."

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 am

The normal Jingle for the Federation News Network begins to play as regular programming is interrupted...

"We interrupt your regular scheduled programming to bring you live news coverage from Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco, we take you live to news Correspondent Richard Head on location..."

The image cuts away from the news room to the view of Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco and an old man who appears to have prescription strength hair gel and a sour expression. “Were here live from Starfleet Headquarters where I’ve just been informed by sources inside that a great tragedy has occurred in the last few days. The USS Texas with a crew of 201 cadets and officers has disappeared along with two other vessels."

The camera pans around behind him as a group of starfleet brass come out of one door in a heated conversation while walking towards another door. "Lets get some Answers!" the reporter says as he starts walking towards the group. "Hello, Richard head, FFN. Can you take a moment to answer a few questions?"

"No!" one of them snaps holding a hand up in front of the camera.

"The Federation has a right to know what is happening!" Richard says a bit over dramatically.

"Fine! Fine!" one of them stops and shoes the others along their original path. "Here is what we know. A distress call was recieved from the USS Lake Stevens. The USS Tempest, and Texas were the closest ships and they responded and we lost contact with all three vessels. This is all we have at this time!"

"Is it the Borg?" Richard asks.

"No, its not the Borg. No further questions!" she says turning and walking away.

Richard stands there for a long moment scowling at the woman. "Well there you have it." he slowly turns back to the camera. "Three vessels lost, no clue what Starfleets next plan of action is or was. No news of survivors." he looks back at the disappearing Admiral and then turns back. "We will get back to you as more develops. Richard Head, at Starfleet Headquarters in San Fransico."

The image drops back to an official FFN splash screen and then returns to "regular scheduled programming".

((OOC: Something we used to do to relay clues to up coming future missions and other things. Figure why not bring back the FFN and everyones favorite news anchor. Richard Head. 8-) ))

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 am

Mission 8 – “Planet Fall” Part 5
Sim Date: 7/23/2016
In Game Date: October 28th, 2370 Time: 15:17:02
Stardate: 47823.66
Attendance:
SokothQultuq as Commander Oliver Savage & SM
SpaceDaisy as Lieutenant Commander Elianna Kestran
InsertNameHere as Cadet Johnny Cleveland
DeezNutz as Captain Coolbreeze & Kosh
MovingPictures as Ensign Ezron Sahl & Cadet Homer

Pre Sim Information:
Rescue ships responding: USS Bradbury, USS Lexington, USS Merrimac, NAR-17675 Ichiban, NAR-16751 Tycon.
Total Survivors Rescued at your camp: 422
USS Texas – 105
USS Tempest – 191
USS Lake Stevens – 126
Total Rescued from Lyshan III:
USS Tempest: 912 Crew, 392 Civilians (1004 Crew, 412 Civilians) (112 Lost)
USS Lake Stevens: 795 Crew, 280 Civilians (1022 Crew, 312 Civilians) (259 lost)
USS Texas: 198 Crew, (201 Crew) (3 Lost)
Total Lost: 371

Mission Briefing:
You are currently being escorted back to your camp by a couple of the Alien cat people. Return to Camp, figure out how you’re going to house all these people, take care of any wounded and above all else, survive.

OOC:
The following are logs that will help bridge the gap of time spent from where we left off up until the point where we pick up. Hopefully it helps.

Essentially about a months’ time will have passed by the time we pick up with the next Sim. You’ll have had some time with Starfleet Medical, perhaps even a little with Starfleet Security and Intelligence regarding your contact with the Lazan. Shore Leave will have also been given. So figure 1 week to debrief to a certain extent and 2 weeks’ shore leave.

I would encourage you to add your own personal flare and do some “Duty” or “Personal” logs. This is entirely up to you.

Stardate: 47825.19 - October 29, 2370 @ 04:41:00
Commander T’Mora

The video comes alive showing a Vulcan woman sitting behind a window view of Sickbay. The room itself was the symbol of calm while beyond the window it was clearly not. The area was teeming with injured folks. Some standing, leaning, or laying on beds. The Vulcan woman’s uniform was the site of a few horror movies, all manner of blood and fluid stains yet she remained stoic. “Chief Medical Officers Log, Stardate: 47825.19, the crews of the USS Tempest, Texas, and Lake Steven’s were recovered from the Planet Lyshan III. Most of the crews were found with the majority having survived. At present count across the rescue vessels I’m told there are 2,577 individuals of the 2,948 that departed on their respective missions. I was also informed that the Tempest was recovered albeit badly damaged.” The Vulcan woman took a sip from a plain tea cup before continuing. “Several of the crew, at last count one hundred and eight were listed in Critical Condition, another one hundred thirty-seven in serious condition, and a myriad of injures. Not all of which we have the capacity to treat. We are heading to Starbase 001 to drop the crew off to be taken care of and evaluated.
“Doctor, we need you right away.”
“I will be there in just a moment Ensign.” She nodded to the young officer who had just barged into her office.
“Several of the crew were treated by these Lazan, they clearly did not understand the biological make up they were dealing with as many have serious infections as a result. We are having difficulties combating this with infection with standard practices. We’ve sent samples over to the Bio-Medical Labs for analysis but they have yet to find a solution.” She slowly stands taking another drink from her tea. “End Log” she disappears off screen as it goes blank.

Stardate: 47828.35 October 30, 2370 @ 08:24:00
Doctor Elizabeth Maria Montgomery

The camera panned to follow the amber haired doctor as she moved through a large medical facility full of Bio-beds. It was one of Starfleets Mass Trauma centers. They were still bringing people in and putting them into beds as they were being transferred over from the rescue ships. “Medical Officer’s Log, October 30th 2370 at 08:24 hours, the survivors of the incident in the Lyshan system have been slowly pouring in ever since the ships started to get into transporter range, the most critical patience first of course.” She stops and pulls the chart at the end of the bed and walks over running a scan. “Most of the Critical patience are suffering from a very aggressive strain of infection and a few have some significant injuries. We are working as quickly as we can to find a solution as the Bradbury’s crew was unable to find any significant solution.” She continued walking down the line, turning to walk into another room. Taking a moment to pick up a hypospray, she moves through a shimmering light of a sterile field. “Hello their Commander.” She begins to scan him.
She ran a scan of him using the hand held device just to confirm the same thing she was seeing on the bio bed display, pressing the hypospray to his neck and injecting the prescribed medications. “Not time to wake, keep fighting the good fight we’ll get you better soon!” she said quietly then went to the next bed repeating the same scenario. “We have eight individuals who’ve had to be put into medically induced coma to keep the infection and its side effects from doing harm to them. Hopefully soon we’ll have the ability to get them on the mend and back with us. Until then we just have to keep them as comfortable as possible. I’d say they are the lucky ones, most have not gotten that far and are absolutely miserable.” She dimmed the lights back down. “End Log”

IC Date: November 8, 2370 Time: 09:32:18
Stardate: 47853.14

Oliver sat upright in his Medical Suite at Starfleet medical staring out the window into the giant space dock watching as ships and small supply vessels moved about doing their normal every day routines. He was thankful to be finally eating solid foods. It has been a week long healing process leading up to finally eating, his next task wasn’t as fun but just as well he was almost out of this place. His right shoulder would still take a bit more healing and certainly Physical therapy before he was functioning at one hundred percent again.
“Oliver,” a silver haired man in a Starfleet Admiral’s uniform called out from the door as he entered the room. “How are you?” he asked approaching the bed.
Oliver shifted his position. “On the mend Admiral, how’s my crew?”
“The same,” he offered a smile. “It’s going to be a process. It’s not every day you get your butt handed to you and go through what you all did on Lyshan III. Starfleet most certainly wants to set up a debriefing with you to find out how you got everyone free and anything you can remember. We picked up some forensic materials that will help us learn a good bit more about these people or at least Intelligence hopes that is what happens.”
Oliver nodded. “As soon as they let me out of here.”
“Oliver, about the Tempest.”
“How bad was she?” Oliver asked, his voice taking on a mournful tone.
“She’s back at Utopia Planitia, you were due for an up fit so this just sped things up a good bit. She took a beating but held together. We’re replacing a lot but the yard master is pretty confident she’ll be good as new in a month or so.” The admiral said.
Oliver nodded. “That’s pretty quick even by yard standards!”
“Indeed.” The admiral moved around the bed and dropped into the chair. “But since most of the parts were already there and assigned to your ship anyhow so that’s helping considerably.
“When’s Captain Philips funeral?” Oliver asked shifting uneasy.
“All the families are getting together to do one mass funeral for all those lost since we were not able to recover all the bodies. Felt it would be best this way.” The admiral shrugged. “You know he thought very highly of you.”
Oliver looked up at the man. “Really?”
“Yeah,” the older man was staring out into the Starbase. “Said you were young, a little hot headed at first glance but when it came down to it you would lay it all on the line for your Captain and crew.”
“I thought he hated me.”
The old man chuckled. “All Executive Officers feel that way I think.” He shifted and reached into one of his pants pockets and pulled out a box. “It made this decision easy for us.” He tossed it onto the bed.
Oliver looked down at the box and slowly retrieved it. Opening the lid, he found a set of Captains Pips neatly set into the box. He glanced up at the Admiral.
“Once you’ve been released here you need to report to Utopia Planitia to finish overseeing the refit and repair of the Tempest, you’ll do a shake down and then be given your orders.” The older man smiled and stood. “Congratulations Captain, I just wish it was under better circumstances.”
“Thank you Admiral.” He nodded.
“Captain Philips would have been proud of you Oliver. Rest well.” He said as he headed for the door.
“Admiral Dwain!” Oliver called out stopping him at the door.
“That crew from the Texas, they did a hell of a job. We’ve got the space assuming the crews returning I’d like to take them on.” He said.
The Admiral turned and regarded him a moment. “Even the one you shot?”
Oliver nodded. “Especially him!” he offered a smile. “Reminds me of me when I was a young officer. He might be rough around the edges but there’s potential there.”
“Potential for trouble if you ask me, but so be it. I’ll talk to the Academy personnel office and set the request.” He nodded and left the room leaving Oliver to his thoughts holding the box.
Oliver watched as an old Excelsior class vessel made its transit through the cavernous space station and exited out into space. He always had an affinity for watching what happened inside the old Starbase. He actually spent many of his Academy days in the various observation lounges here on the station watching ships coming and going. He was rewarded with many conversations and tales of other officers and crewman’s adventures into space. It was one of those things that made him hungry for his own time out there. He looked down at the box in his hand. He had not had time to think about it until just this moment. His mentor, the man he thought that hated him so much was no longer there to be his backstop. He was gone. Oliver suddenly felt a great deal of sadness for the loss of this man. He was one of two who had helped shape his career.

About a week later… November 16, 2370 07:23:06 Stardate: 47874.81

Though Oliver wanted to be back to work as quickly as he could he was given mandatory leave to finish his recovery. He had taken the time to go back home to Oregon. Stayed with his family whom he had not seen in person in going on eleven years. It was refreshing to get a chance to be at home. But it was time to get back to work. He found himself standing in an observation lounge looking down at the Tempest floating in her drydock over Mars. It was time to have a conversation with the yard chief. It was one of those talks he was in some ways dreading. The doors opened behind him to admit someone, he continued staring down at the ship. Large sections of her hull had been removed and structural struts were being replaced. Equipment in some of those areas was being swapped out or worked on by men in space suits. It was a busy world down there.
“It’s never good to see your ship in such a condition sir.” A gruff voice said as the man came to stand next to him.
“Aye!” Oliver said.
“Starfleet gave us a deadline and I’ve managed to pull together enough man power to meet it, we should have you space ready in another week maybe two depending upon that replacement nacelle strut.” The man pointed to where the missing nacelle was and the strut that held it in place. “It was badly damaged so much we couldn’t just refit it.”
Oliver nodded. “How soon before she’s habitable? I can start recalling my crew and we can give you a hand, might help get things finished faster.” He turned to meet the man whom he was startled to find was obviously half Klingon by the looks of his complexion and forehead ridges.
The man nodded, and extended a hand. “SO’koth.”
Oliver shook the man’s hand. “Oliver!”
“We should have you done in no time, we’ve got a new project slated for this berthing so the faster we get you out we can start our next project.”
Oliver regarded the man. “If I’ve come to know anything about Starfleet practices, and you working here you’ll need all the help you can get.” He offered a smile to the man.
“Indeed.” He turned and regarded the vessel. “She took a beating, but most of her structure stayed in one piece. I’m surprise, it could have been a lot worse. That weapon the Lazan used on you liquefied entire sections of your hull. She was almost completely exposed to space.”
Oliver nodded. “You’re doing good work Commander; I’ll be sure to mention this in my report. I will start recalling my people, just let me know what you need and I will focus their first.”
The hybrid Klingon nodded, turned and departed.
Oliver smiled to himself, he liked a man who was straightforward and to the point. Made things much easier to do. They had a lot of work to do. He turned and he too left for his office which was down on Mars surface. He was going to have to recall his quartermasters so they could start organizing living space here on Mars, and or on the sparse accommodations on the stations above to get crew in place to start helping get the ship ready to go back into space.

Location: Mars, Utopia Planitia Office Complex B - (Planet Side)
Stardate: 47877.67 November 17, 2370 @ 08:27:32
Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

The red landscape of Mars spread out a good distance beyond the windows that Oliver stood in front of. He never had a chance to spend any length of time down on Mars, only ever visited Utopia Planitia a handful of times and the stay was brief. He admired the view. He glanced down at the PADD in his hand, his other arm was still in a sling as he had several weeks of rehabilitation and physical therapy to go before he would have most of the use of it back. “Captains Log, Stardate: 47877.67. I’ve arrived at the Utopia Planitia facility on Mars that my crew and I will call home for the next several weeks, and issued the recall of the Tempest’s crew. We’ve certainly got a long couple of weeks ahead of us. The ship is still undergoing repairs and refit and we’ve been asked to help with the research here on the Lazan. Starfleet seems to think since we’ve had some experience with them directly that we would be the best to assist them with it here. From the schedule it looks like we are also going to be speaking to Starfleet Security and Intelligence. Not that my crew hasn’t already spent plenty of time doing that already.” He shifts uncomfortably and moves across the room, the camera following him past a large console with a display showing progress of the repairs and refit of the Tempest behind his desk. He slowly settles down into the chair with a pained look on his face.
“I spoke briefly again with Admiral Dwain and he has agreed to speak to the office of Starfleet Personnel about having the crew of the Texas brought aboard as replacements for the Tempest. Those cadets distinguished themselves not only in battle but in their ability to stay together and survive on the surface of Lyshan III. Johnny Cleveland may be a pain in the butt, but he kept it mostly together and helped drive things. His momentary lapse of judgement in the heat of battle aside he did a great job so much so that I’ve also written the Academy and the office of Starfleet Personnel recommending him for a bump to the rank of Lieutenant Junior grade after his performance not only on Lyshan III but in regards to the first contact mission with an alien species while on their first mission. It was impressive to say the least.” Oliver seemed to stop and stare off into the distance as if lost in thought for a few long moments. “I’m glad Elianna decided to stay with the Tempest.” He shifted in his chair. “With most of the Command crew having transferred away or passed away its left a bit of a vacuum that needs to be filled. Hell we still haven’t had a chance to have a proper ceremony yet for those lost. I spoke to the Captain’s wife, she was devastated by his passing. Though she seemed happy that I made it. I honestly had no idea that the Captain spoke so highly of me. His loss is a great one to Starfleet. He was a great mentor. End Log!”
The Starfleet Logo flashes on the screen and then goes blank.

Flight Data Recorder

Next

Return to Spacedock