CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Re: CO Captain Oliver Alexander Savage

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 am

Mission 9 – “Recovery” Part 1
Sim Date: August 6, 2016
In Game Date: November 18, 2370 @ 13:00:00
Stardate: 47880.93
Attendance: 6
SokothQultuq as Captain Oliver Alexander Savage & Sim Master
SpaceDaisy as Lieutenant Commander Elianna Kestran – Chief Medical Officer
DeezNutz as Kosh the Chef
InsertNameHere as Lieutenant J.G. Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer
Ceol as Lieutenant Vor Kozuhl – Chief Engineer
Moving Pictures as Ezron – Flight Operations Officer

================= =/\= ============================ =/\= =================
OOC & Pre Sim Information: Make sure you get your Biographies up on the boards as soon as you’re comfortable with what you’ve got.
I’ve been slowly adding specific events to the Timeline, this should give you a look into where we are in the timeline and where events in the Star Trek Universe taking place. If you can think of something that should be added, please let me know.

Mission Briefing:
It’s been some time since you all were rescued from Lyshan III, you spent some time getting your wounds healed, and some minor debriefing by the combination of Starfleet Medical, Xenobiology, Security and Intelligence. You were then provided some shore leave. Now you’ve been recalled, and have reported to Mars at the Utopia Planitia offices on the planet and asked to conduct tests on materials found left behind by the Lazan as well as some additional meetings with Starfleet Intelligence and Security. You’ve just arrived and had enough of a chance to stow your gear, your due for a meeting with your new commanding officer soon but you have a bit of time before you have to report to that.

This is more of a recap of what happened last sim because we stopped in the middle of a lunch meeting so wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do one yet. So here is what’s happened so far:
1.) New Chief Engineer Lieutenant Vor Kozuhl who is an Unjoined Trill joined the ship having transferred over from Utopia Planitia. His superiors requested he gain some experience in space.
2.) Oliver & Johnny Cleveland had a chat that didn’t involve anyone getting shot, and the fewest insults possible. Johnny was promoted for his actions on Lyshan III and the previous traning cruise. He was also officially posted as Chief Tactical Officer aboard the Tempest.
3.) Fluffy Is on the run. Not sure if it’s a game, or its trying to get Johnny killed yet, but we’ll see.
4.) Most of the crew has reported for the meet and greet get together and for Captain Savage to reveal their short term mission and goals and what’s to come next.
I think that about sums it up. Next sim we’ll have a brief lunch encounter were as stated above our future missions will be laid out. Then we will be getting to work!

Flight Data Recorder Transcript

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 am

Mission 10 – “Recovery” Part 2
Sim Date: August 13, 2016
In Game Date: November 18, 2370 @ 14:45:00
Stardate: 47881.13
SokothQultuq as Captain Oliver A. Savage – Commanding Officer
SpaceDaisy as Elianna Kestran – Chief Medical Officer
DeezNutz as Kosh – Head Chef
InsertNameHere as Lt. J.G. Johnny Cleveland – Tactical Officer
DharmaHelper as Commander Sully Derringer – Executive Officer
MovingPictures as Ezron Sal– Chief of Flight Operations

OOC & Pre Sim Information:
Don’t forget to put a Bio up on the forums.
Next Sim We Start out Shake Down cruise. Who knows what will happen. Hopefully you’ve enjoyed the progression of things so far. I’m open to suggestions if there is something more you’d like to see in the sim! Or less of!

Mission Briefing:
Everyone that is part of the ships senior staff has reported to a "Lunch Meeting" down on Mars at the Utopia Planitia Offices. Were basically picking up right were we left off. If you’re not at the meeting you should be heading there. Sully would have reported in with the Quartermaster and been issued Quarters. Next stop would be the meeting...

Location: Mars, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yard offices (planetside)
M-U.P.-LCARS Log Recording System – Captain Savage, Oliver A.

The screen comes to live showing Oliver sitting behind a desk in an office, a nice stack of PADDs growing rapidly on his desk. “Captain’s log Stardate: 47881.13 supplemental. I’ve had a chance to sit down and brief the crew on our future missions and of course our busy work for the next several days. I have high hopes that we will meet our deadline for push off on time. I’m anxious to get back out there after all that’s happened.” He shifts his position leaning back in his chair. “I had a chance to meet with some of the returning crew and the new faces. This new chief engineer we’ve taken on seems very determined. I like having someone with that kind of attitude down in the engine room. Deep space mission will require determination and then some.” He leans forward and picks up a glass of water taking a drink.

“There was an apparent incident in which one of the Yardies were killed, it’s being chalked up as an accident and unfortunately Johnny and his friend were at the scene. Some people think it may have been Fluffy that caused the accident. Lucky for us it did reveal a flaw in one of the driver coil assemblies that was to be installed in just a few days. That certainly would have delayed our departure. But I cannot help but question if the creature is dangerous or just intuitive enough to be helpful in its own way.”

“I had a brief call from the yard chief engineer coordinating the upfit and repair of the ship, apparently were going to be the test bed for what’s to be a refit design warp coil system that Starfleet’s Corp of engineers is deeming safe for high warp travels. If this works it should eliminate any further issues with Subspace pollution which was discovered earlier this year. If this should go well the design should be rolled out to the fleet.” He takes another drink from his glass. “I cannot say that I have my own trepidations about being a test bed for something just after getting the ship put back together, but not my choice of course. End Log!”

OOC: Jumping ahead a few days here…
Date: November 30, 2370 @ 22:01:13

The screen flashes to life showing a picture of the Martian surface at night, Oliver is sitting in an empty dimly lit cafeteria silhouetted by the windows. A man appears seeming to glide out of the darkness setting a coffee cup and a sandwich down and drifting away without saying a word. Oliver looks down at the food and mug with surprise and yet satisfaction. After taking a drink from the mug he looks up, his eyes are tired. “Captain’s log, Stardate 47914.84. The last two weeks has been a ragged chain of events trying to get this ship ready for space again. We take occupancy tomorrow for the first time in months. Tomorrow is the first day a crew will actually start moving in. That’s a big deal for a ship. We cut the crew’s work schedules today to give them some additional time and tomorrows shift will only be four hours, the rest of the day we will spend moving the crew aboard, and a celebration. The crew’s earned some respite from the hard work they’ve put in. We’ve not managed to get too far ahead of schedule but we are making progress, most of what’s left to do is internal work.” He takes a bite of the sandwich.

“The yard chief says the new warp coil integration went extremely smoothly to his own surprise. The only exterior work that is left is the installation of our upgraded sensor pallets and the new phaser arrays. Outside of this the exterior work is done. The interior is another story all together. I have a feeling we will have some unfinished areas when we launch but that’s nothing the crew can’t handle. We’re going to focus on what’s important and safety of course first.” He pauses for a moment watching something off camera with mild curiosity.

“That thing eats so much it’s almost scary!” Oliver commented looking back at the camera. “Fluffy I mean.” He smiles. “Johnny’s got his hands full either way.”

“Unfortunately we will not be leaving dry dock with a full crew, most of them we will be picking up during our stop overs at our various lay over’s during our shakedown cruise. This is probably a good thing considering what we’re testing honestly. End log!”

OOC: Jumping forward again…
Date: December 8, 2370 @ 06:00:00
Location: Mars, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, USS Tempest NCC-1852-A

The screen comes a live, Oliver is standing in front of a mirror using a shaving device to shorten his facial hair to his usual desired length. His scars are pretty obvious showing where he was nearly gutted and pierced through the shoulder. “Personal log, Stardate: 47934.91, this is it! The big day!” there is a certain excitement in his voice. “We couldn’t get everything done as expected but we’ve taken on enough supplies to finish the job while underway. I’m proud of what my crew and the yardies were able to do working together on this project. It’s not every day you get both to work together as well, but I believe that is a testament to all the leadership involved. As expected were only leaving with just above half our crew but It’s a short hop to our first destination once we get going so that should not be a problem.” He took a moment to check his facial lines and continues to make small corrections for bits of hair that stood out still.

“We shove off at oh eight hundred. Ready or not galaxy, here we come! End Log!”

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 am

Mission 11 – “Recovery” Part 3 (Off Duty)
Sim Date: August 20, 2016
In Game Date: December 1, 2370 @ 18:45:00
Stardate: 47917.20
SokothQultuq as Captain Oliver A. Savage – Commanding Officer
DeezNutz as Kosh – Head Chef
InsertNameHere as Lt. J.G. Johnny Cleveland – Tactical Officer
DharmaHelper as Commander Sully Derringer – Executive Officer
MovingPictures as Ezron Sal– Chief of Flight Operations

Don’t forget to put a Bio up on the forums.

Mission Briefing: Alright, then well do this: It's about 6:45 a night the day before launch.... you've just gotten off duty. Your welcome to pick where you are. We have occupied the ship so we are aboard the tempest.

No Actual Log was necessary here as this was strictly an off duty adventure and unfortunately I was unable to attend long enough to get something going myself due to IRL Events. But the crew had a short off duty gathering which allowed them to interact further which is always great!

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 am

Mission 12 – “Recovery” Part 4
Sim Date: August 27, 2016
In Game Date: December 2nd, 2370 @ 08:00:00
Stardate: 47918.72
Attendance: 4
SpaceyDaisy as Elianna the Chief Medical Officer
InsertNameHere as Johnny Cleveland the Tactical Officer
DharmaHelper as Sully Derringer the Executive Officer
DeezNuts as Kosh the Chief

Once again I do apologize for not being able to attend as I was moving this week to a new home. I greatly appreciate SpaceDaisy taking the reins for this one and thank you all for making this happen for her.
If you know anyone who might be interested in the game, please feel free to talk to them about it and invite them. The more players we have the more we can do. This also gives people the freedom to come and go. I want to have some core players which we’ve built so far and others who can step in and out as they like. Variety is the spice of life! I am also seeking out a Story Teller, so if you know someone who knows a good amount of Trek and likes the story telling aspect of things, this is something I’m looking for as well. A very important position that needs to be filled.

Mission Briefing:
The refit of The Tempest is nearing completion, almost all of the crew has reported for duty by now as well. As we begin our crew members are now on board the Tempest bridge running some final diagnostics of their various systems in cooperation with the station crew in preparation for launch.

M-U.P.-LCARS Log Recording System – Captain Savage, Oliver A

The screen comes alive showing Oliver settled in at his new desk in the ready room just off of the bridge. Nearly all the real-estate on the desk is covered in PADDs. “Captains Log, Stardate 47918.72. I’ve just returned from a briefing with Starfleet Command with some rather disturbing news and only to get a taste of it here at Utopia Planitia. Starfleet has expressed some concerns with growing Orion Pirate activity in the sector and the surrounding area, naturally Starfleet has sent more ships along known shipping routes and dispatched intelligence officers to investigate the recent increase in activity. Little is known as of yet why there is a sudden spike in their activity throughout Federation Space but one thing is clear they are escalating. Case in point, the Tempest was the victim of a bombing which has been linked back to the Orion Syndicate. One of their operatives has been transferred aboard the Tempest for transport and of course we have been instructed to see what information we can garner from them regarding the bombing while we are on our shakedown cruise.” He shifts uneasy in his chair.

“It seems we keep taking on more and more mission parameters by the day. First study the Lazan artifacts, shake down, and now this. We’ve not even received our primary orders. I suppose Starfleet just wants to see what we can make of this and how versatile our crew truly will be. So we and our ship are put to the test.”

“Launch is just around the corner, hours instead of days. We’ve got much to work on and so little time. End Log.”

AUDIO LOG: COMM UNIT 3252B21 Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:39 am

Mission 13 – “Shake Down” Part 1
Sim Date: September 3, 2016
IC Date: December 3, 2370 Time: 13:26:07
Stardate: 47922.08
SokothQultuq as Captain Oliver Savage – Commanding Officer/Sim Master
DharmaHelper as Commander Sullivan “Sully” Derringer – Executive Officer/Helmsman
InsertNameHere as Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer

Just so were aware of what our job’s are at this time and to help you with some busy work when were not focused on something specific here is a list of things were doing.
Shakedown Cruise – Testing of our ships systems to ensure space worthiness. We are currently in route to Vulcan as our first stop.
Lazan – A Background Task of going over items left behind by the Lazan.
Orion Piracy – We have an Orion Syndicate Operative aboard in our brig whom we are transporting to a location to which they will be transferred to another ship and sent to a location which has not been disclosed to us.

If you’ve not put a bio up on the Website, please do so we can get to know your character.

Mission Briefing:

Launch day, we’ve got to vacate the dry dock that were occupying so the Yardies can start their next build. All the crew that was scheduled to report aboard are accounted for. Still plenty of work to be done on the ships interior but all her major systems are working and online.

All of the artifacts from the Lazan have been brought on board and stowed for the Science department to futz with.

Evidence of the recent bombing has also been brought on board in case further analysis needs doing.

The exterior damage to the ship that was sustained from the bombing has been repaired, internal repairs are under way but may take some time to complete, by passes are in place, and emergency bulkheads/airlocks are going to be staying up isolating that area just for safety until full repairs can be effected.

One arrest was made by Starfleet Security regarding the explosion. Michael Oxlong. Michael is currently being held in the Tempest brig shortly after a confession was provided. Michael was very proud of his actions as a matter of fact after having been outed. He also admits to having ties to an organization known as the Orion Syndicate. Though Michael was temporarily transferred to the stations security holding he was moved back to the ship at the Request of Captain Savage.

It’s just after lunch and were all reporting for duty now… Any questions?

Location: USS Tempest NCC-1852-A, Deck 1 - Captains Ready Room

The camera comes on with the view of the Captains Ready room, the image slowly pans around to show the Captain laying back on the couch with a PADD in hand laying across his chest and his eyes closed. “Captain’s Log, Stardate: 47922.08. The USS Tempest was launched for trial runs today, our first task in testing some of our systems went very well up until we tried our first jump to Warp.” He frowned and slowly moved to sit upright. “The Chief is still hunting for the cause so currently were limping our way there at Full Impulse.”

Slowly rising from the couch he crosses the room to the replicator inset into the wall next to the door to the head. “Water with Ice.” He said and waited for the drink to shimmer into being. He then sat down slowly behind his desk. “For the time being main power is offline while the chief and his crew comb through the warp systems to ensure that nothing has been sabotaged or is out of place. These things do happen out of the yards so we don’t want to jump to any conclusions yet.” He took a moment to take a drink from the glass. “I’m confident he will find the issue soon. However, transporter room 3 is another story. No one has yet to get that thing worked out, everyone is staying the thing is cursed.”

“Just like any ship having left dry dock, we’ve got plenty of issues and lots of work to be done.” He shifts in his chair leaning back. “This increasing threat with the Orion’s is somewhat concerning, I just received a report from Starfleet Intelligence that implicates them in three other known bombings at various other Starfleet Instillations. This is pretty bold for even the Syndicate. They’ve managed to gain a little information in that there is a new leader within the syndicate who’s trying to stake a claim and make a name. There is no telling at this point what they might do. Poking something as large as the Federation and Starfleet with too big a stick usually ends up in a bad day for the one holding the stick. For now, we will focus on our doing our part. End log!” the image fades to black.

AUDIO LOG: USS Tempest NCC-1852-A Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:42 am

Mission 14 – “Shake Down” Part 2
Sim Date: September 10, 2016
IC Date: December 3, 2370 @ 13:15:00
Stardate: 47922.06
DharmaHelper as Commander Sullivan “Sully” Derringer – Executive Officer/Helmsman
InsertNameHere as Johnny Cleveland – Chief Tactical Officer

If you’ve not put up a Bio yet, don’t forget to do so when you can. The more we know the more we can screw with you. LOL
If you know anyone who might have an interest in this activity, please feel free to actively recruit. The more we have the better.

Mission Briefing:
Stuff is broken! Were still flying to Vulcan currently at Impulse power. Were basically picking up where we left off last sim.

Location: USS Tempest NCC-1852-A, Deck 1 - Captains Ready Room

The usual view of the Captain’s ready room appears on screen; Oliver is sitting at his desk reading a PADD. “Captain’s log, Stardate: 47922.06. Like most shakedown cruises this one is not without its issues. We’ve managed to get our Warp Drive back online and are running it through its paces.” He shifts in his chair. “I’ve perhaps found a hidden talent in Mr. Cleveland as I asked him to interrogate our Prisoner. He was able to find out with the help of Fluffy that he belongs to the Orion Syndicate. The apparent leader of this particular faction goes by the name Brek’udan”.

Leaning back into his chair. “Starfleet is concerned as there have been several other bombings to Federation and Starfleet installations and vessels. The USS Merrimac was nearly destroyed when an apparent suicide bomber detonated inside the engineering deck of the ship. Quick thinking by the ships chief engineer saved the ship but at the cost of their life.” He tosses the PADD onto his desk. “A bunch of misguided thugs if you ask me.” He collects a mug from the table and takes a drink staring into it with a sour face. Standing he crosses over to the Replicator, deposits the cup and hits the recycle button causing the usual whirling sound from the device. “Tea, Hot, with Lemon!” he says and again the machine makes its sound and he pulls forth a steaming mug. Crossing back to his chair. “Starfleet has decided to commit some resources to this problem and has started looking into who this person is “Brek’udan” as they obviously have some influence. There have been nineteen incidents to date, and at last report nearly one hundred dead.” He settles into his chair and takes a drink from his mug.

“Were not far out from Vulcan now, perhaps about another seven hours on our current schedule. We should be on time for our rendezvous with the prison transport ship and for our cargo exchange, then its on to Denobula for another cargo drop, this time medical supplies. End Log!”

Flight Data Recorder
AUDIO LOG: USS Tempest NCC-1852-A Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 am

Mission 15 – “Shakedown ” Part 3
Sim Date: September 17, 2016
IC Date: December 4, 2370 @ 05:00:00
Stardate: 47923.85
Attendance: 5
InsertNameHere as Lieutenant J.G. Johnny Cleveland – Tactical Officer
SpaceyDaisy as Lieutenant Commander Elianna Kestran – Chief Medical Officer
Bea as Ensign Eldrida – Head Councilor
Epi as Corinthian – Security Officer

The usual – Don’t Forget to post a biography of your character if you’ve not.
Recruiting – If you know anyone who might be interested in trying this please don’t hesitate to invite them. The more we have the better.
I found a way to better organize the Sim Master Actions from my Characters to better help with the flow of things in the Sim. Hopefully you will find this much easier to follow going forward.
We did have a visitor in Epignosis to try out the Sim but found it wasn’t for him. Hopefully he will give it a try again in the future.
Welcome to Bea as they have decided to join our intrepid crew as our new Head Councilor. Welcome aboard Bea.

Mission Briefing:
The USS Tempest has spent the last few weeks making its way to Vulcan testing out our new Warp Drive. So far everything has gone well. Engineering has managed to get some of the Transporters up and running. Lighting restored on some decks and various other things fixed. (I will update the list later), the ship is coming up on Vulcan we are about 10 Minutes out at the moment. At this layover we will be offloading supplies in exchange for medical supplies for our next leg. We have a few new crewbies reporting aboard (This is where Epi & Bea can bring their characters aboard? You guys can start on Vulcan at the space port waiting for our arrival. Our prisoner will be leaving our care at this layover. Any questions, comments, concerns or death threats?

Captain Oliver Alexander Savage – Commanding Officer

The bridge of the USS Tempest appears; Oliver is pacing the bridge. He passes the viewscreen which shows an image of Vulcan passing by on the left and another vessel which has just come into orbit ahead of the Tempest. “Captain’s log, Stardate: 47923.85. We’ve made standard orbit at Vulcan and have begun our cargo exchange. We are still awaiting the arrival of the prison transport ship to take possession of our prisoner, we did receive a transmission from them letting us know they were running behind but should be here before our schedule departure time. So far the cargo exchange has gone well.” He stops pacing staring at the viewscreen.

“Lieutenant Cleveland has been rushed to Sickbay by the doctor and our new councilor after some incident involving fluffy, I’m still waiting for the details. Hopefully this is just something new with Fluffy and nothing seemingly life threatening. The doctor didn’t indicate that this was such but hopefully I will get an update soon. Part of me wants to go down there but I know I will just be in the way. So business as usual.” He walks across the bridge and settles into the command chair. The camera panning the bridge to follow.

“Chief Vor has provided an update on our outfitting and continued construction of the ship. He’s managed to make good headway despite having less staff. I assume that has more to do with the fact that he’s not dealing with the yard staff. They are a bright bunch over there but common sense seems to be lacking in most cases when you deal with intelligence. Seems to be a constant in the universe no matter what time your in. End Log.”

AUDIO FILE: USS Tempest NCC-1852-A Log Recorder

Ensign

Postby Daniel Ratterree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:46 am

Transmission Date: December 4, 2370 @ 14:57:01
Stardate: 47924.99

The normal intro music and image comes on screen of the Federation News Network indicating a special report is coming.

A surreal scene appears behind a young woman standing in front of what appears to be a cargo depot, in the background people are frantically running around and a unbelievable fire rages in a large building which has clearly spilled over into the cargo container space. “This is Balinda McCroy reporting to you live from Denobula where an outrageous attack believed to have been made by Orion Syndicate members on this medical supplies facility on Denobula Prime. It has severely crippled the Denobulan medical community and their need for critical supplies to continue the efforts fighting the Tenebula Cellular Necrosis virus. In those containers burning behind me was those much needed supplies. This in a string of brazen attacks made by members of the Orion Syndicate today.” The camera pans away to show the level of destruction which spreads beyond the camera’s view, several fires can be seen burning in other areas of the storage facility. “To date the Syndicate have hit in total now twenty-nine targets all throughout the federation and Starfleet specifically. This on the second day campaign by the Syndicate.” The camera pans back to the golden haired human. “Back to you in the studio!”

The view changes to a news room, several monitors in the background show pictures of various other incidents. “We’ve just been told that another incident has occurred aboard another Federation Starship, the USS Exeter which has left the vessel in grave danger. We go live to our correspondent who is aboard the Exeter. “the camera changes to a distorted image which clears up nearly to show the image of an Orion woman in a Starfleet Uniform who is checking the vitals of someone in the background who was dressed in civilian attire.

“What happened?” someone called out as they enter the camera’s view.

“Secondary explosion!” the Orion woman says as she stands up.

“Life support?”he asks staring into the gaping black hole. She simply shakes her head and the two move out of the view of the camera.

The sound of the intercom comes to life; a male voice fills the speaker. “This is the Captain speaking, all hands to emergency escape pods. All hands, abandon ship!”

The camera feed cuts back to the studio. “Something clearly terrible has happened aboard the Exeter. This has been the scene across the federation for the last two days. Bombs and sabotage. The death toll has risen to an estimated two hundred now. More as our story develops!” the image of the Federation news network appears on screen.

PreviousNext

Return to Spacedock