CMO - Cmdr Elianna Kestran

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Cadet

CMO - Cmdr Elianna Kestran

Postby Annie Browne » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Elianna takes a long sip of her coffee. The warm, bitter coffee goes down smoothly. Coffee was not something they drank much of on Betazed. They tended to be fond of sweets there. Bitter was not a pleasurable experience so it seemed most Betazoids never acquired a taste for coffee. Her slender finger tapped the side of the mug thoughtfully as she studied the report in front of her. The vitals were perplexing to her, no one but Cam had this reaction to their "time jump," as everyone was calling it now. Though technically they hadn't jumped time, it seemed they had been held in stasis by someone, at least that was what the initial medical exams seemed to indicate. She set her coffee cup down on her desk with a sigh. She looked out through the window into main sickbay and saw him lift his head and look in her direction. He was a good kid, she worried about him; he seemed kind. This gig was usually pretty hard on the ones with soft hearts. She gave him a grin and a wink, just a little encouragement. Patients with a positive attitude healed more quickly than those without.

He laid his head back down and Elianna leaned back in her chair with a sigh, staring up at the muted lights in the ceiling. Truth be told, she wasn't just stressed out about their Science Officer's medical condition. Counselor Trost had been discharged from sickbay already; Emily was still here but it wouldn't be long until she too was discharged. Telling that poor woman about the devastating loss she had unknowingly experienced was the hardest news she had ever had to give. Probably because she had a small taste of it herself. Everyone expected Elianna to have a handle on emotions because she was Betazoid, but reality was so much different. She could sense them and hear thoughts, but she never could get a handle on understanding them. The body was easy to understand and fix, there were symptoms and causes and solutions. Emotions were so much... messier. Solutions were so rare. And now, here they all were, a ship full of crew members that were set emotionally adrift. The lines between medical problems and emotional problems almost seemed to be blurred. And as much as she loathed to admit even to herself, she was adrift right along with them.

She leaned forward and tapped the console lightly, calling up a personnel file. Sahl, Ezron. He made it to Lieutenant Commander, before he died. She traced the face in the picture and then snapped the console closed roughly. How do they find their place in this future they were cast into, without any choice in it? The only thing she could do to keep it together was her job. Medicine was real, practical, tangible. She would anchor herself in her work and let the rest come as it may. Leave the messy stuff to Counselor Trost, that was her job anyway.

Cadet

Re: CMO - Cmdr Elianna Kestran

Postby Matthew Kennedy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Annie, I just wanted to comment on your first log on ST:E (because I'm an 'old hand' at this now :D ). I think it was amazing! Apart from being exceptionally well written, it represents the first real sign of our crew working in harmony storyline-wise and augurs very well for our future in my opinion...

Cadet

Re: CMO - Cmdr Elianna Kestran

Postby Annie Browne » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:14 am

The screen comes to life and Elianna is sitting at her desk in her office yet again. A lock of hair has escaped from her hair clip and the circles under her eyes give away how tired she feels. There is a small smear of blood along the top of her collar.

"Personal log, stardate..." she sighs heavily, "I can't remember." She rests her head on the back of her chair and closes her eyes as she continues, "While the rest of the crew has been searching for the cause of the quake, I've been left to deal with some of the casualties. Most of the patients we took on board are stable, but we had three particularly difficult cases. After three emergency procedures, two are now stable but still in critical care under close observation. The third... well, I lost him." Elianna stood up and paced the room. "I'm beginning to feel like my list of failures and losses just keeps expanding with every situation we encounter. I felt less helpless when we were on Lyshan waiting for Johnny's damn kitties to let Oliver go than I do right now." She paused her pacing and stared off into space, recalling the experience for a moment. She shook her head in agitation, "Computer, end log."

Return to Spacedock