Star Fleet Academy

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Ensign

Star Fleet Academy

Postby Scott Davis » Thu May 12, 2016 10:40 pm

I am unsure of the details of how long a cadet is in the academy for. I have no access to the Star Trek wiki, or nay other easy to find source on this.

Commander

Re: Star Fleet Academy

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu May 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Heya, Scott, Welcome!
For us, in this game, the "Academy" lasts only as long as it takes you to get through the character creation process, and to be assigned a ship. :)
For your character, it'd be about 4 years or so of back-story, but you don't need to go into that to play.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu May 12, 2016 10:58 pm

edit: ^^^ What Aoibhe said!

Hi there, Scott!

Starfleet Academy is usually 4 years for your standard officer, finishing as an Ensign once comissioned. 8 years for Starfleet Medical, and anytime between 0 and 8 years for a Non-Comissioned Officer, like a Master Chief, or a Crewman, etc.

4 years it usually the standard. :)

Memory Alpha is a great resource for everything Trek, but we're here to answer questions if you need!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Scott Davis » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks guys! Scott will be an engineer, but he also took some more advanced combat training. (Technically could be assigned to either security, marines, or engineering. He would have the training to be a field/ combat engineer on away teams.)

Ensign

Postby Scott Davis » Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Also, was worried this was yet another dead site. XD Thanks for proving that wrong! And Memory Alpha is the Wiki. I am in Cyber School, soon to be graduating. (Hopefully o.o) ANd wiki's are blocked as being games for some reason.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri May 13, 2016 12:11 am

Scott Davis wrote:Thanks guys! Scott will be an engineer, but he also took some more advanced combat training. (Technically could be assigned to either security, marines, or engineering. He would have the training to be a field/ combat engineer on away teams.)

Oh, we're definitely not a dead site, don't you worry! We have players posting logs on this forum every day, and four active ships running weekly, with a fifth launching very, very soon, so I'm SURE you'll find one that will suit your schedule.

I am sure any ship will be thrilled to have a combat-ready engineer on board, too. That's a good skillset to have these days.

Ensign

Postby Scott Davis » Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 am

Always good to have a guy who can shoot straight, deck someone, and repair pretty much anything. XD

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri May 13, 2016 12:14 am

Damn right!
Have you got your eye on any ship in particular? There's a link to the roster at the top of the page, here.

Ensign

Postby Scott Davis » Fri May 13, 2016 12:17 am

Damn.. I forgot to add that he is a minor empath. (Baasically a bit of an instinct for when people are upset, ect.) in his description. (A lot of his medical stuff is based off of my RL self.)

Ensign

Postby Scott Davis » Fri May 13, 2016 12:26 am

Honestly, I don't have a ship picked out, and in character Scott was so busy that he never thought that far XD

Next

Return to Engage Lounge