CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Postby James Greenman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:59 pm

That was an amazing read, thank you both! A great insight into the minds of two different command styles, but I think they both mesh together really well.

I can't wait to see what happens later :allears:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:23 am

CO Debrief

The small, unadorned office looked cavernous with the single table and three chairs spaced around it. Admiral Meek looked like a splash of colour in his perfectly crisp uniform, sitting behind the desk going over some notes on his PADD and comparing it to the single terminal set off to one side facing him, its contents invisible to anyone sat on the other side.

He waited patiently for the chime to sound, assuming that his judgement on Captain Stradiot’s punctuality was correct.

Claire stood outside the Admiral’s office straightening her uniform and steeling herself for the conversation she was about to have. Going over mental notes and notes on her PADD, she rings the chime and waits patiently.

Rising from his chair politely, the Admiral calls out “Come” after the chime rings. He puts a polite smile on his face and waits for the Captain to enter, gesturing to one of the two seats in front of his desk.

“Captain, welcome. Please take a seat and we’ll get started.”

Entering into the office she nods to the Admiral and takes a seat, “Thank you Admiral, you wanted to speak with me over the last mission?”

The Admiral nodded, taking his seat once Claire had sat down, making himself comfortable and picking up his PADD of notes. “Your logs were very thorough, Captain. Just a few questions without all of the - how shall we put it? - formalities of an after action report. Now…” He glanced once at his notes, just for the look of it.

“Tell me about your encounter with the Romulan vessel, Captain. Just go over what was in the report, in your own words.”

Claire takes a deep breath before continuing, hoping that her worry and nervousness aren’t appearing in her face and mannerisms, “Of course. When we arrived and subdued Walsh and before we had a chance to begin to make our way back, a Romulan warbird decloaked. They claimed that we had a prisoner and stolen technology that belonged to them, specifically the core of the experimental ship. The prisoner was Walsh. Apparently he was a sleeper agent with a separate personality residing within him, “Jomala” he was calling himself. I refused to hand over the ship and attempted to maintain diplomatic relations but their crew beamed onto the experimental ship and opened fire on our crew. We defended our own and the Romulan warbird left. Tal Shiar, they claimed to be part of that organization. They said the standard villainous, “We’ll exact our revenge/You’ll regret this day” and cloaked and left. We then set out for here.”

David watched her speak from his side of the desk, looking calm and at ease in his chair while he made notes on his PADD using a stylus, never breaking eye-contact. “I see. How did you react to their claims that the drive technology was stolen? The logs from the Sentinel show that thorough scans were done of the experimental vessel.”

“Regardless of scans, I felt that the claim was merely that. A claim. They were going to take it by force regardless of my actions. I kept my civility and felt that if they had a complaint, to take it to Starfleet. In this mission, my orders were clear, and that was to return this vessel here. I’m not fond of threats or taking orders from those who have no authority over me.” She waves her hand dismissively, “Lies are abundant, and I’m not just going to take someone’s word for it without proof.”

He nodded, looking quite pleased with his latest set of notes, giving the Captain a smile. “Very commendable, Captain Stradiot. You made the right decision, in my view, you have nothing to worry about on that count I assure you.”

“Now, can you take me through the events surrounding this...Jomala’s....escape from the Sentinel? I trust your crew have completed their investigations.”

“We’ve looked into it as best as possible, and it appears that while everything that went wrong originated in sickbay, using Walsh’s knowledge and the Tal Shiar’s training, he was able to write code to sabotage the right systems to keep us in the dark just long enough to get away. He didn’t cover his tracks, especially with the coordinates, but I’m curious how he figured out the exact coordinates to a cloaked ship when he was under guard.” She shook her head, “I suppose we were just out planned. There wasn’t much we could do at that point, so we followed our orders and focused on bringing the ship back here.”

The Admiral made a quiet, non-committal ‘mmhmm’ sounds before he looked up from his PADD. “How do you think he gained access to those system from Sickbay, Captain? Off-the-record, if you will.”

Shaking her head, “I used to be a doctor and I’ve no clue. It’s possible Walsh had a certain level of clearance that Jomala used. He was a Starfleet Captain after all. I’ve never tried that hard to do it myself, but the ability to get into other systems from sickbay would’ve been laughable to me had this not happened.”

“Your records do show that you were certainly adept at Operations classes during your time at the Academy.” He eyed her closely for a moment over the top of his PADD, letting the silence linger for several seconds.

“Very well, Captain. Do you have anything more to add?”

“No Admiral, unless you wish to know anything else?”

The silence lingered for a moment more between them, Admiral Meek placing the PADD down on his desk before sitting up. “How much do you know about your Chief Medical Officer, Captain?”

“From the perspective of a Captain, she’s an excellent officer. From the perspective of a Doctor, she’s an accomplished doctor.” She pauses for a moment, “Are you starting an investigation on her merely because she’s Romulan, or is there another reason I don’t know about? I’d like to vouch for her character, for as much as my opinion is worth…” She trails off.

The Admiral merely watched her from across the table, saying nothing, listening intently.

“Admiral, may I be direct?” She asks as she straightens her back again.

He gestured his ascent with one hand, “Of course, Captain.”

“What’s going on? We’ve been kept in the dark this whole time. It’s difficult to make decisions when we’re kept in the dark. There’s something bigger going on, isn’t there?”

“There’s always something bigger going on, Captain. And, sadly, there are always going to people who need to be kept in the dark, as a Captain I am sure that you understand the need for discretion even at the highest levels, yes?”

“Of course.” Claire replied, holding back the sarcasm she’d like to let fly, “I will say however, that I hope that the upper echelon will refrain from dragging us into another war. Is there anything else, Admiral?”

A smile ghosted across David’s lips, but he shook his head. “War is the last thing the Federation needs, Captain. That’ll be all, for now.”

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 pm

These debriefings were really fun. :V
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Captain's Log
Stardate 11610.21

Begin Log...

I'm waiting for the return of the Sentinel to Sigma Rho. The pieces of reports that I've gotten while I have been away has been....interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward to a full report from my first officer when I return. I've missed the Sentinel while I've been away, but I haven't exactly had time to relax like they have.

I've made my first return trip to Earth in ages...It's been a long time since I've been back there, but Starfleet Command and the Admiralty Board needed to hear my report first hand. This wasn't something that would be safe even coded and scrambled over subspace transmissions.

The Romulan Empire was using biological warfare against their own people, the Romulan Republic. This was just one planet that we were sent to. It's almost impossible to know how many other planets they've done these experiments to. The disease was a rapidly progressing one which altered the very building blocks of a romulan, or any of romulan/vulcan descent. I firmly believe it is time to choose a side and stand with them. I personally support the Romulan Republic, but of course it falls to the politicians in the end to decide their and our fate. This is Genocide and I cannot in good conscience stand aside and watch it happen, no matter who it happens to.

I left without any sort of good answer...They had said that they would have to "think it over and discuss amongst themselves." I took that to mean that they wouldn't do anything. I've spent my whole career and my life so far in Starfleet. I truly hope they do what is right.

End Log...

CO Captain Claire Stradiot
SD - 11610.21

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel