AMB Lieutenant JG Rebecca Terell

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: AMB - Ensign Rebecca Terell

Postby James Greenman » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Really interesting log, Babs! I love the insight into Rebecca's current turmoil and her conspiracy theories, it's a great read.

I'm looking forward to seeing where she ends up (although hopefully it's still with us on the Sentinel!)
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks James, and I'm not going anywhere guys.. just so you know - it's all just speculation :-) This character is still very much in development…
CMO - LtJG Velina Tailor - USS Atlantis
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 (Decommissioned Vessel)
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 (Decommissioned Vessel)

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:31 pm

At some point, we must learn to trust. The Portal's lesson rang loud in Becca’s head. The Republic trusted them enough to let them help cure the plague. Trusted them enough to allow them onto the planet’s surface. It certainly helped that their chief medical officer was half Romulan...
But the Empire ship is still not trusting us.. Old ways die hard perhaps? All of their communications were encrypted, they were scanning both the Sentinel and the planet below. For what, we can only guess. If we are in turn suspicious of them.. does that make us any better?

She could try to decode the encrypted communications. She could spend hours building an algorithm to find out their locked up secrets. But wouldn't that just give them more reasons not to trust the Federation? Baudin was right. There were more pressing matters at hand. They had a plague to solve. They had been invited here to help. If they helped with the plague as they were asked, and did nothing else, until they were asked.. it would build trust. With both factions.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Re: AMB - Lieutenant JG Rebecca Terell

Postby James Greenman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 am

That was a great log, Babs. Love seeing into Terell's thoughts like that.

The Portal gave some good advice. We must all learn to trust ;)

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 am

I hope I don't regret this…. Er.. I mean, thanks James. :D

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:02 pm

So much for trust.. the Empire ship had been up to something. Becca put the last finishing touches on the report on the decrypted files that the Clee-San had been transmitting. The information contained in the files had pointed the finger squarely at the Empire for the creation of the Terothka virus that had nearly destroyed the republic world of Sinul. Files on medical research, virus transmission information, and several other packets of information that would only make sense to a doctor. It was damning evidence to be sure, and would have been only circumstantial had the away team not found a sample of the virus itself on the surface.

She felt vindicated that their suspicions had turned out to be true, and at the same time couldn't help feeling unsettled about the whole experience. The moral implications of the bioengineered virus were dire, of course. The use of the virus against the Republicans had most likely been a test for other uprisings against the Empire. How would the Empire react to all of this? Would the pushback from the Federation provoke the Empire to more violence against the Republic? Would it be an excuse for the Empire to act against the Federation? All questions for Command, really. Although the same questions would probably find their way into an ambassador's report, once she had time to catch up. Maybe on the way to Blue Horizon.. She felt almost spoiled that they were getting another shore leave so soon, but she was looking forward getting off of the ship for a little while. For now though, there were reports to write, and debriefings to attend. She transferred her report onto a spare PADD and headed out the door of her small office towards the Captain's ready room.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Re: AMB Lieutenant JG Rebecca Terell

Postby James Greenman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:03 am

Great log, Babs, it's good to get the point of view of the person who usually knows the most about what's going on. I'm still looking forward to the joint between you and the CO if it happens! Keep up the great work :)

Lieutenant

11605.30 (Joint log with Captain Stradiot)

Postby Babette C » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:26 am

11605.30 (Joint Log with Captain Stradiot)

Rebecca stood outside of Stradiot's ready room door, a PADD in hand containing a report on the decrypted files that they had intercepted from the Clee-San. Though she only had a rudimentary understanding of most of the information; along with the virus sample that the away team had collected from Sinul's surface, it seemed to be evidence enough to prove that the Empire had used the virus against the Republic world of Sinul. She pressed the door chime, and waited for a response.

Sitting at her desk, Claire looked over her own PADD putting together her very long report to Starfleet about this new development before hearing her door chime. Looking up she said, "Enter."

Rebecca stepped through the door as it swished open, and approached Stradiot's desk. This was the first time she'd been in the Captain's ready room. She couldn't help but sweep her eyes around as she walked in, noting the few wall decorations and spare furnishings in the tidy office.

"Ma'am, I've finished my report on the decrypted files." She placed the PADD down on her desk, giving Stradiot a moment or two to get to a stopping place in her own report.

Claire looked up and over at the PADD on her desk. Picking it up, she read it over. Claire sighed softly and placed the PADD back down on her desk. "I can't imagine that biological warfare like that is making a comeback." Shaking her head, she looked back up at Rebecca, "What do you make out of all of this?"

Rebecca herself sighed sadly, thinking of all of the people that had been killed by the virus on the planet below. Her mind went to a few news reports that she'd read recently through her own networks. "There are reports of the Empire moving against the Republic in more places than Sinul. I can't help thinking that this could be just a test..a way to put down any other republican uprisings.."

"I know what Starfleet will say before I even get there..." Claire said, shaking her head. "I know their stance on biological warfare and to a lesser degree their stance on this civil war within the Romulan race. However, what will they do with this? I do not know...I do however, want to know your opinion as an Ambassador to bring with me to Starfleet Command. I feel in this situation your opinion is going to carry just about the same weight as mine."

Rebecca nodded thoughtfully. "I agree that the Romulans are gearing up for a civil war. They appear to be trying to regain their power as an Empire, and the Republic.. and it's alliance with the Federation, stands in their way. The world we just saved.. would have been stripped of its resources to add to the Empire's fleet, if we hadn't stopped them. If the Empire was willing to kill Republican citizens with this virus, it seems to me that they'd think nothing of starting a war with the Federation. We just came through one war already.. I really hope another one isn't on the horizon. The Federation is going to have to do its best to prevent that from happening."

Claire mulled this information over in her mind for a minute, "I agree with your assessment of the situation. This whole thing is a powder keg, and war is never pleasant...No one wants war, except maybe the Empire. Here's the question though. The Federation just came out of a war with the Tzenkethi. Even that front is still shaky with the death of the President. Are we ready to handle another?"

"I don't know.." Rebecca replied. "But I've noticed that the new President... or someone in the government, is very interested in Starfleet becoming more military oriented than the way things used to be. Probably because things are shaky, as you said. Take, for example this last mission - we were supposed to be a show of 'force', and that seems to be a trend in Starfleet as of late. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but the Federation seems to be expecting problems lately.. whether it's the Romulans, or the Tzenkethi, or someone else, we seem to be gearing more towards confllict than peace."

Shaking her head, Claire stood up and looked out her ready room window out into space, "I honestly hope you're wrong...I doubt that you are...But I hope. I've now been in one war...and I really don't want to be in another during my career. Things weren't looking good for us during the last one...but with this civil war, I think the Federation will want to stay out of it as much as possible. This is an internal Romulan problem. Both sides will try to draw us in and in the end it might be inevitable to avoid, but our relationship with the Romulans have always been historically shaky...After what happened to Romulus, things seemed to only get worse."

Rebecca nodded, hoping that the Romulan situation did not turn to war. She thought of the Romulans that she'd known over her career in Starfleet, and hated that the two political factions now seemed to be pitted against each other. "I agree that the Federation will want to try to stay out of the Romulan conflict. And I also hope I'm wrong about the rest of it. I know it's not easy to avoid conflicts and wars sometimes, but I think we should work towards peace as much as we can. That's the Starfleet that I joined.. I hope it stays that way."

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Re: AMB Lieutenant JG Rebecca Terell

Postby James Greenman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:55 pm

That was a great log, you two. Some fantastic exposition on the last mission and your character's thoughts. Nicely done!

Lieutenant

Shark? What Shark?

Postby Babette C » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:58 pm

11606.06 Shark? What Shark?

So much for a nice, relaxing, uneventful day at the beach...

It was said that Blue Horizon was a "lovely place, but bad things can still happen in nice surroundings". And apparently denying that bad things happened was how the authorities liked to deal with it.

Becca looked down at the blood on her hands and on her swimsuit, still feeling stunned over what had happened. The section of beach where she stood was now cordoned off, similarly stained in blood, as were the other members of the Sentinel crew who were involved in the incident. And to add insult to injury, they were now under investigation. Apparently, by some very twisted logic, they were to blame for the attack on the man whose life they had just saved. And instead of trying to find the real attacker, they were forced to try and smooth things over with the suspicious Blue Horizon authorities. And the shark.. or whatever it was, was still out there....

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel