Mission Arc #12 - Necessity

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Mission Arc #12 - Necessity

Postby James Greenman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 am

Mission Orders, Stardate 11603.21

TO: Captain Claire Stradiot, Commanding Officer USS SENTINEL
CC: Lieutenant Commander Vikram Baudin, Executive Officer USS SENTINEL

Starfleet Command have gone over your reports from the Beta Quadrant, and your information on the Quorum and their Tkon Portal. In light of this new discovery we've dispatched several vessels and a full diplomatic attache to conduct proper First Contact procedures. Your reports from Ambassador Terrell will prove invaluable, and the information your Chief Science officer Hamlet forwarded on the schematics found within the tablet device you came into possession of will have the folks at Research and Development kept busy for years to come.

You will be updated of any progress, I'm sure.

We've been notified by the Romulan Republic that their world of Sinul has recently suffered from an outbreak of Terothka Virus and have had issues getting medical supplies through to the colony due to several Empire blockades. The Federation have attempted on several occasions to get medical aid to them but have been forced to turned back each time by vessels in control of the Imperial Navy, and we believe that a stronger show of force might be more successful. The Republic doesn't have a powerful military of its own, so the Sentinel has been loaded up with relief supplies to deliver to Sinul.

The Terothka Virus is highly contagious, but only affects Romulan physiology. There hasn't been much research done on the Virus's effect on half-Romulans, so Starfleet Medical suggests full EVA gear for anyone with Romulan DNA while on the surface of Sinul or anyone who will be in contact with infected persons.

Your orders are to safely deliver the relief and medical supplies to Sinul, manage distribution to population centers and control the spread of the contagion. While you are in orbit, the Republic's orbital defense platforms are woefully out of date - if you can make any improvements or additions I am sure the Republic will be eternally grateful. Relations with the Romulan Republic are improving steadily, but every little helps and they could prove to be powerful allies, in time.

Good luck, Captain. Prophets be with you.

Admiral Ren Tolar
Starfleet Command
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Re: Mission Arc #12 - Necessity

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:53 pm

To: Senior Staff of USS Sentinel
CC: Executive Officer Baudin, USS Sentinel

Mission Briefing

All: Alright folks, we have our orders. Let's carry them out.

CMO: Make sure your staff is up to date on this Virus and have the crew take necessary precautions.

AMB: Make sure we have all the supplies needed for this delivery...Since we'll end up being confronted, I want you spearheading the response. We're to give a show of force, but we're on a peaceful mission. How we balance that diplomatically, I leave to you.

CSO: Research on this virus, on this planet, everything that we can use.

XO: Coordinate with each department to make sure we're ready for anything they throw at us...Even though we're bringing aid to the Romulans, I worry that our last mission might have a lasting effect here.

CTO: If we're truly to display a show of force, we need to be battle ready. However, this does not mean battle hungry. We'll attempt to let diplomacy reign first before a fight.

End Briefing

Captain Claire Stradiot

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 am

Mission Briefing

All: Continue following orders as per the Mission Orders.

Away Team: I'd like to get a report on how things are going. Get back to me ASAP.

CTO/XO/CSO: Let's put together a plan about the defense platforms. We're going to have to be subtle about it. Let's bring our best ideas to the table.

AMB: I'm going to want to hear your opinion on how to keep things from escalating. Our orders have us repairing and refitting the defense platforms, which the Romulans will take offense to.

End Briefing

Captain Claire Stradiot

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon May 09, 2016 2:34 am

Mission Briefing

AMB: Send out a priority subspace message. Code it as much as possible. Send it to Starfleet asking for advisement on this situation. Report on the findings on this virus.

XO: Let's finish up what we're doing on the planet...If this virus is constantly mutating, there's very little we can do.

MED/CMO: Let me know your opinion on possibly creating a cure of some sort. Even a synthetic antigen might help. If there's nothing that can be done, start the recall process and bring everyone back on board.

All: This is the most dangerous time. We have strong suspicions as to what the empire is doing here. If they find out that we know or even suspect anything, they may try to silence us. As for the defense systems, if we're not able to help them medically, the repairing would be no use to them. If anyone has any suggestions, please bring them forward now.

End Briefing

Captain Claire Stradiot

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel