For Your Consideration

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

For Your Consideration

Postby Luceo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Atlanteans,

Many Star Trek episodes follow what's referred to as an A-plot/B-plot structure, with the A-plot being the larger story of the episode, and the B-plot being a more minor plot, usually focused on one character, and sometimes related to the A-plot. In the past, we've applied this structure to Atlantis arcs with great success, but it's been many years since we've done this. I think it's time to revisit the idea.

What I'd like for each of you to do is to think about a story that could involve the entire ship, but also have a focus on your character. I'd still GM the plot, but with your input. An example from the past would be our Andorian XO needing to return to Andor to deal with a gambling debt that led to us having to trade T'Kirr for the use of a backhoe to dig up an icy grave. :V For less weird examples, simply watch Star Trek!

Yours would, in all likelihood, be less zany than that, but it's something to get you thinking. If the ideas are present and solid, we'll try to do one for everyone, excluding Kuari and me since recent events have already put us heavily in focus. Send your ideas to me privately as to not spoil the story for everyone else, and I look forward to hearing what you might come up with. Post any questions you may have, of course.
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis