SCI Ensign Linxi Jude

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Cadet

Character Name: Linxi Jude

SCI Ensign Linxi Jude

Postby Mariah Andrews » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:41 pm

“Hey Linxi!” The Betazoid turned towards the voice, belonging to a familiar. “Did you think I was gonna let you leave without as much as a goodbye?” The short, lean human placed his hands on his waist, tilting his head, expecting a response.

Linxi rolled her eyes. “No, but I was kinda hoping,” she joked. “I thought you were,” she mimicked a low ‘manly’ voice, “too busy working at the Academy sickbay to bid you farewell.”

“I was. But I convinced the Doc to let me come here. Come on, Linx. We have known each other for four years. Did you really think I would not find a way out here?”

“Oh hush, Theodore,” she replied, as a voice shouted over the crowd, “Linxi Jude for the U.S.S. Atlantis!”

“Looks like it’s time for you to get on up there.”

“Yeah,” she uttered, in an unusual straightforward manner.

“You’re not nervous are you?” Theodore raised an eyebrow, and moved towards Linxi, giving her a hug, “You will be fine.” He pulled away, “At least I have four more years to enjoy the precious ground.”

Linxi snorted at his joke, as the voice called for her a second time. “Well, this is it. Farewell, Theodore Sinatra.”

“Farewell, Linxi Jude.” He appeared almost somber, as Linxi turned and walked towards the shuttles.

The brunette took a deep breath, and entered the shuttle for the Atlantis. She turned back around, seeing her friend wave, as the doors closed. Her first assignment- fresh faces to meet and new adventures to experience.

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Re: SCI2 Ensign Linxi Jude

Postby Luceo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:06 am

Nice start to the character's journey! Welcome aboard. :)
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Cadet

Pep Talk

Postby Mariah Andrews » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:13 am

by Linxi Jude and Kathryn Harper

Linxi was on her way to the bridge for her shift, when her combadge chirped, “Ensign Jude, please report to the ready room.”

“Crap,” Linxi muttered to herself, not having any idea as to why the captain would call her to the ready room. She quickened her pace and dodged other crew members, “Excuse, apologies, sorry,” as she made her way to the turbolift. Linxi twiddled her thumbs as the turbolift made its way to the bridge.

She stepped off the turbolift and walked to the ready room, and rang the door chime.

Captain Harper looked up from her PADD when the door chimed, expecting it since she had summoned Ensign Jude to her office, and her expression immediately softened in anticipation of handling this meeting. “Come in,” she beckoned as she stood up, leaving her fingertips touching the desk’s surface.

Linxi silently walked in, and stood at attention, “Captain.” Her heart felt like it was beating a million kilometers a second, as she wondered for what reason she was standing in front of the captain.

“At ease, Ensign, and please, sit,” Kate answered with a welcoming smile, lifting one hand to gesture at the chairs.

After awkwardly shuffling over to a chair, and sitting, Linxi scratched her arm, not being able to keep entirely still, as she waited for what the captain wanted to say.

Sensing the Ensign’s obvious discomfort, Kate attempted to set her at ease by moving from behind the barrier created by the desk to take the other chair. She leaned forward, still wearing the welcoming smile, and met Jude’s eyes. “So,” Kate began, clasping her hands, “how are you settling in here aboard our fine ship?”

“Well. It’s uh,” her voice slightly squeaked, “not what I was expecting.”

With a chuckle, the Captain asked, “What were you expecting?”

“Mostly ‘to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations!’ not ‘Ah! The ship might explode! Oh no, we are pulled into a gravitational field and we can’t escape! Crap, we are being attacked by XYZ! The inertial dampers failed for the five hundredth time, be careful not to break your neck!’”

Kate laughed and nodded in understanding. “As strange as it may sound, you get used to that—the risks just come with the exploration. I had similar expectations when I joined Starfleet, and also found the transition to this life a bit jarring.” She leaned back a bit, hands still clasped, and quietly asked, “How are you coping with it?”

“Ah, well, I’m, uh. Not.”

“I suspected as much, and it is why I called you in here. Now please, do not panic,” the Captain began, anticipating the junior officer’s reaction, “but I have both witnessed and received reports of your behavior that is… well, decidedly unprofessional aboard a military vessel. At first, such as in the case of your reaction to meeting Major Wolfe, I chalked it up to nervousness and let it go, since you came aboard that day under strange circumstances. But since, things like sloppy drunkenness at parties, and running into Ten-Forward in your underwear… well, I have to say something.”

Kate leaned forward and placed a hand on the Ensign’s chair arm, hoping to quell any rising anxiety. “You are not in trouble, Linxi. The purpose of this meeting is to tell you that I understand your troubles, or at least, I think that I do. Neither of our peoples, Risians and Betazoids, share the military traditions of the Humans. I also joined Starfleet as a scientist, simply because it was the best way to get out in the field and do science, and did not find myself a good fit for this military lifestyle, not at first, and not really for years to come. I believe in your ability, and with these apparent similarities between us, it is my hope that I can help you to adjust, to thrive, and maybe even have an easier time doing so than I did.”

After holding her breath while Kate spoke, Linxi exhaled. “Not what I was expecting, but… thanks.” She adjusted herself in the chair.

It was hard to tell whether or not her message had truly gotten through to the ensign, but Linxi’s expression of gratitude was enough to at least give Kate hope that it had. “I know all of this coming from your CO is a lot to process, so please, take the time you need to. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.” With a disarming smile, she added, “Do you have any questions for me?”

Linxi thought in silence, fidgeting her hands, before looking up at the captain, “Will it get easier?”

“With time and experience, yes.” Kate affirmed, then smirked as she added, “Though even after almost twenty years of this, I still sometimes find myself surprised. Space exploration is good at that.” The captain settled back into her chair and crossed her legs as she regarded the young Betazoid woman for a moment, then laced her fingers around her knee and encouraged, “All I am asking is that you demonstrate what you are truly capable of, as both as a scientist and as a Starfleet officer. Now go, and show me what you can do.”

Linxi looked at the floor and nodded. She knew the captain had a point… or a few. She then stood up and tugged her shirt down, “Thanks… And I will.” She gave a slight grin, before leaving the ready room.

Once the doors closed behind Linxi, Kate nodded to herself in satisfaction, optimistic that things would improve for Ensign Jude.

Cadet

Unforgotten Time

Postby Mariah Andrews » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 am

‘Thank you,’ Linxi spoke telepathically to the Betazoid pilot. She stepped onto the transporter pad, ‘I’m ready to beam down.’ She clutched her hands together as she was transported to the surface of Betazed. Linxi looked around the room as she appeared, and stepped out, into the street. She started rapidly walking down towards the familiar roads, her boots clicking behind her. It was not long until she reached an old building, with ladders on the side. She jumped up, grabbing the first rung, and lifted herself up, before climbing halfway up. Linxi carefully climbed onto a ledge, and scooted her way to a window, before opening it, and sticking her head in, ‘Hello, anyone home? Jan?’ she telepathically shouted out to nobody in particular.

A woman with long dark hair wearing a bright yellow floral dress ran into the room, stopping in the middle, before telepathically yelling ‘Linxi!’ and running to the window, pulling her out.

“Augh!” Linxi exclaimed as she fell to the floor.

‘Oh, sorry!’ Jan pulled Linxi up, then hugged her, ‘I didn’t hear from you for four months!’

Linxi grinned, ‘Sorry peaches, but it was only a few minutes for me.’ She then hugged Jan back before walking over to her bed, and plopping down on it. ‘You really don’t have any idea how much I missed your bed.’

Jan gracefully climbed onto her bed, laying next to Linxi. ‘I imagine those Starfleet beds are not this comfortable.’ She gets on her knees and bounces around the bed, as Linxi laughed, who eventually shoved Jan to get her to stop.

Jan climbed back on, grinning, then tilted her head, laying back down next to Linxi. ‘What’s wrong?’

‘It’s hard, you know? We’ve been best friends since primary school and we’ve done literally everything together. Went through goth phase, complained about boys, went to prom, got into mischief and shenanigans.’

‘Oh, I didn’t get into shenanigans. You got into shenanigans, then dragged me into it!’

‘True. True. But point being, I’m off playing astronaut and you are here, painting fields of flowers... and whatnot. In your point of view, I went off to the center of the galaxy and then completely went off the grid for four months. I don’t… I really don’t understand how you are not mad, or pissy about it.’

‘Because it's what you love to do. You love going off and discovering things. I love looking at nature and placing it on a canvas. We are two vastly different people, Linx, by that doesn’t mean our friendship is any less.’

‘Awh, I love you too.’

‘Now, knowing you, you have more shenanigans planned for the next few days… What are you thinking?’

‘Weeelllll, I was planning on…’

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Re: SCI Ensign Linxi Jude

Postby Luceo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:51 am

It's nice seeing the effects of our main storyline on the characters themselves. Well done!
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis