Hyperion OOC - General Chatter

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
William Ramsay
Ensign
Ensign
Character Name: Alun Tringad

Re: Hyperion OOC - General Chatter

Post by William Ramsay » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:06 pm

I hate to pick on such an awesome graphic, but shouldn't the CO and XO chairs be swapped? Own left/viewer's right is the position of authority/honor. (XO normally sits to the CO's right)
ENG Cdt. Alun Tringad, USS Sentinel

C. J. Short
Commander
Commander

Post by C. J. Short » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 am

On the prototype, there was only one chair, presumably for the Captain. It does seem slightly rude to make the XO stand all the time, though. Maybe they're supposed to be off doing other things?
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Chris Esterhuyse
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chris Esterhuyse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:06 am

Swapping those around is no hardship. I didn't even realise it. Thanks for pointing it out. Will edit the post when I have a moment.

EDIT: Fixed here

Looking again, I positioned the chairs according to the position of the respective ready rooms.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

William Ramsay
Ensign
Ensign
Character Name: Alun Tringad

Post by William Ramsay » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:15 am

Yeah, it is kinda weird to have the ready rooms opposite the chairs. You could always mirror the schematic to fix that.

Here I go creating work for you again :D
ENG Cdt. Alun Tringad, USS Sentinel

Chris Esterhuyse
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chris Esterhuyse » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:34 am

Nope. Make them walk that extra few steps.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Aoibhe Ni
Commander
Commander

Post by Aoibhe Ni » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Chris Esterhuyse wrote:Swapping those around is no hardship. I didn't even realise it. Thanks for pointing it out. Will edit the post when I have a moment.

EDIT: Fixed here

Looking again, I positioned the chairs according to the position of the respective ready rooms.
Oh my god, I LOVE this!!!
Oiy James! James, look at this!

Meghann Ashpool
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Meghann Ashpool » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:39 am

Thought I'd better say hello :)

I'm starting to read through things and catch up with what's been going on. Loving the bridge pic though, so much easier to work out who is where when there's a visual guide - thank you!

Einar S
Commander
Commander

Post by Einar S » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Meghann Ashpool wrote:Thought I'd better say hello :)

I'm starting to read through things and catch up with what's been going on. Loving the bridge pic though, so much easier to work out who is where when there's a visual guide - thank you!
welcome to the forums Meghann! I'm glad to see you preparing already and I am very much looking forward to you joining us this Monday. If you want to catch up on the current arc, I have attached the following links to transcripts. As you see from the first mission in this arc "Small packages" starts with the ship at Starbase 375. You can assume your character transferred onboard then, but was just reporting to duty now due to the emergency situation (instead of slowly learning the ropes).

http://chat.startrekengage.com/logs/htm ... 05-23.html

http://chat.startrekengage.com/logs/htm ... 05-30.html

http://chat.startrekengage.com/logs/htm ... 06-06.html

http://chat.startrekengage.com/logs/htm ... 06-13.html

http://chat.startrekengage.com/logs/htm ... 06-20.html

And then last night's mission which is not accessible yet, but I assume you caught most of it?

If you want, many people write 'Zero logs' to introduce their character. It can be from before she joined the ship or during all of this. You are not required to do so but feel free to :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Meghann Ashpool
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Meghann Ashpool » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 pm

I got some of it but forgot to log my IRC (it's been a while since I used it!) so I could catch up with it.

I need to get acquainted with the specs of the Prometheus Class before I post anything but I'm sure I can get something up before Monday.

C. J. Short
Commander
Commander

Post by C. J. Short » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:16 pm

It has three distinct warp cores :D
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled