XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Postby Einar S » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

ugh that was painful. Poor Niamh

great log you two :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Einar S wrote:ugh that was painful. Poor Niamh

great log you two :)

Thanks - it was rather painful.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11602.29

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:26 pm

When Rojer awoke, he stretched and realized that they haven’t left the room in four days. The bed was THAT good, and the company made it easy to just stay there. “Babe, we didn’t come down to the planet to spend all the time in bed, did we?” he asked of Ethan who was sitting by the window, overlooking the beach.

“We needed it. Maybe tomorrow we can go down to the beach in tiny scraps of spandex and scandalize any of the crew we meet.” He grinned over at the blond man. “Make them uncomfortable and they can’t look at us in the same way ever again?”

Rojer laughed. “You are terrible.” He looked around, spotting a cart. “Did you order room service?” He sat up in alarm. “Did you remember to wear something when you opened the door?”

“I was wearing a sarong,” Ethan said primly.

“You mean the practically see-through piece of cloth?” He wondered if any of the hotel staff would need therapy… or did the person delivering the food make a pass at Ethan. Probably both scenarios. He crawled out of bed an plonked down on the couch, lifting covers off the platters. "Nice breakfast choices," he commented as he started putting a plate together while sampling the dishes along the way.

"I know you well enough by now," Ethan replied. "Now eat up and get your lazy ass in the shower, I want to feel some sun on my skin. Wear the red swimsuit."

"To hear is to obey," Rojer replied around a mouthful of food.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Very sweet.
Everything seems perfect... Almost too perfect...
Hmmmmmmm...

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Aoibhe Ni wrote:Very sweet.
Everything seems perfect... Almost too perfect...
Hmmmmmmm...

I am enjoying it while I can.

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11603.07 (Joint log with CMO and TAC

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11603.07 (Joint between Miller and N

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:47 pm

The Mustang simulation had been grueling for Danann. Six straight hours in the saddle, her reflexes tested to the limit in scenario after nightmare scenario.

The sensor-blind docking at the half-demolished science station had been particularly upsetting. Having to go on sight alone, she was forced to witness the inert bodies of several scientists, frozen and floating close to partially imploded sections of outer hull. All holographic, of course, but that didn't make it any less emotionally draining.

She stepped out of the holodeck, her flight suit crumpled and her face shiny, glad to finally be through her required training.

He hadn't been lying in wait, exactly, although if she asked anybody they would have told her that he had been lurking around the holodeck entrance for the better part of an hour. He was actually watching her simulation on the monitoring screen outside the door and was suitably impressed by her abilities. Ethan jumped a little as the doors opened to reveal a rumpled looking Danann.

"Uhm, hey." It came out awkward and he felt like a three year-old caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Nice flying there." He nodded jerkily at the holodeck door.

She stopped dead in her tracks, exhaustion mingling with surprise. She clutched her EVA helmet in her hand, a remnant of the final simulation and stepped part way down the corridor. "Born in space, maneuvers like that come, y'know, naturally, I guess..." She shrugged, unsure what to say next. The memory was fuzzy, admittedly, but last time she had seen Ethan, she knew he had been yelling.
"Good luck ", she added as she took a further step away from him and the holodeck.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uhm, I actually came looking for you," he almost mumbled. Looking around he added. "Can we go somewhere to talk? I don't really want to have this conversation in public."

Niamh's face grew weary. "Look, Ethan, I've just been in a sweat box for six hours repeating maneuvers I haven't had to do since the Academy. I need a shower and a drink, not a lecture."

"I can join you for the drink, not the shower and no lecture. I want to apologise for what I said. That's all." He looked down at the deck.

Danann quirked an eyebrow sceptically. "Fine, come on..." she replied, despite her reservations.

She walked him to her quarters in silence, opened the door and disappeared inside. Ethan cast an eye around her living space. It was a chaotic jumble of clothing, empty coffee cups, exotically-shaped alcohol bottles, and cushions. He noted very little evidence of food. Her sofa had a thin blanket strewn over it. He surmised she'd been choosing to sleep in it rather than in her bed. He heard the sonic shower activate.

Ethan stood in the middle of the floor, not sure what to do - start cleaning or run away. He opted for the former and started moving the coffee cups and alcohol bottles (there was a staggering amount of them) from where they were strewn about and placing them on the table.

Niamh basked in the shower for several minutes, feeling the sonic waves lifting the sweat and strain of the last few hours from her skin. She was in no hurry to satisfy Ethan's need for forgiveness. Eventually, she stepped out, tossed a robe around herself, tied the belt and strolled into her living room. Her eyes narrowed as she realized he'd been cleaning but she said nothing.

He caught the narrowing of her eyes and looked abashed. "I was just clearing a bit of space to sit?" he said/asked lamely. He decided to forge ahead. "Listen, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said. It was uncalled for and I shouldn't have done it. You don't have to say anything, or forgive me, or anything like that. I will leave now and you can decide what you want to do or say." He started for the door.

She pulled at the belt of her robe, synching her waist tighter. It was now smaller than it had been in many months. "Look, Ethan, I don't have the time or patience for any dramatics right now, yea?" she spoke, her voice shaking. "Soothing your guilty feelings is way, way... way down on my list of priorities. When I have all this other shit resolved, I'll let you know."

He gave her a long look. "No dramatics, nothing about my feelings, guilty or otherwise. Just worried about you and your... shit, which caused this... tension in the first place."

She stepped over to her small side cabinet, opened it with one hand and lifted out a fresh bottle with the other. "For now, I just wanna see you complete your Mustang Sim training." She poured herself a healthy measure. "Watch out for the blown plasma conduit in the fourth simulation. That thing packs a punch." She drank deeply and watched him for his reaction.

"Not as bad as the sensor-blind docking. That one leaves me shaken after every time..." he trailed off. "I've come to say what I wanted to, and I will leave you to it. I might even go through the sims all in one go," he said with admiration, heading for the door again.

"Hm," she responded, rolling the glass between the palms of her hands. She sensed he meant his comment to be complimentary, but she was having none of it. "I'm eh, I'm expecting a comm from Tony any minute," she lied with discomfort

Ethan just nodded. "I was just leaving at any rate. Just think about what I said, please? I'll see you around." He palmed the door open and headed back to his quarters. He was worried and annoyed and sometimes angry at her pig-headedness, but mostly worried because he didn’t know what to say or do. Obviously the “cruel to be kind” tactic didn’t work.

Niamh held her breath as the door closed and finally hid Ethan from view. As soon as it did, she felt her knees weaken and her head spin. She muttered half coherent words, their meaning obscured by her uncontrolled sobs. She gulped down a measure of whiskey from her glass and made her shaking way to the sofa.

Folding her legs under her, she gave in to her feelings and cried without reservation. She was angry and lost and exhausted. No word from Tony, Ethan's harsh judgement on the station, Jo's complete disinterest, and Rojer's silence all combined to isolate her from her friends.

Tears streamed, not for the first time, down her desperate, angry face.
Last edited by Chris Esterhuyse on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11603.14

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Rojer finished up the reports and sent them off to the Captain, before checking the system search for everything on Vitro. He didn't like it, but he had little choice in what had to be done. He felt sorry for Vitro, he even liked the hologram, but some things he couldn't change.

The computer beeped and the final report showed up on the screen. Soule was good at encrypting things, but he was better... and his command codes gave him controls that was more powerful than even those he had held as operations officer. He was under no illusion that Soule would have some records that wasn't in the computer but he couldn't get that without searching the TAC officer's quarters. He doubted that ordering him to turn over any and all material would actually do any good.

He sighed and saved the encrypted files to an isolated partition of the computer core, locking it with his command codes. He sent the final report to the Captain and exited his office, heading for the bridge. Time to deal with the next thing. The Vendorians.

He muttered a sarcastic "Yay" as he entered the turbolift and ordered it to the bridge.

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11603.21

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Rojer was walking back from sickbay towards the nearest turbolift, wondering idly about what was going on with the meeting between Soule, Vitro and the person that came to talk to them. His meeting wtih Isabelle was almost more about them than the protocols needed for their time in Vendorian space.

He understood her concerns but he couldn't do much more than promise he would try and spring the hologram from the holodeck. At least there was an EMH that could do the scans of the persons entering the ship. Now he had to see what was up with their visitors.

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11603.28

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Rojer was once again reminded why he really, really disliked sitting in th Big Chair (TM). Danann's investigation of the shuttle made him nervous. The shuttle made him nervous. Being near the Vendorian system made him nervous. And nervous made him twitch, and twichy made him want to micro-manage and he knew Danann hated micro-management.

So he tried to joggle her elbow as little as possible and let her work. Until something went wrong and now he had to fix it. Not that he knew how. He hated the Big Chair (TM).

He slapped his commbadge. "Lyon to shuttle bay security. Assist Commander Danann immediately. Her vitals are in distress. Assess and report back. If there are any Vendorians or duplicate Dananns, advise me immediately. Lyon out." He tapped his commbadge again. "Lyon to sickbay. We have incoming beamout from the shuttle bay. Treat the patient as a Vendorian until confirmed it is not. Place the patient behind a level 10 forcefield and use the EMH to treat them. Lyon out."

He took a deep breath and let it out. Was Niamh never going to catch a break? he reached for his commbadge again. "Lyon to Rome."

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion