Hyperion Arc #9 - The Fall of Rome: Part 2

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Hyperion Arc #9 - The Fall of Rome: Part 2

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:14 pm

TO: aCO Commander Rojer Lyon, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Commander Lyon,

As you know, the search for the terrorist Adria has yielded little result. While some in Starfleet Command are beginning to suspect that her claim to have built a pair of Genesis devices was a bluff, I am not willing to take that chance.

Adria seems to respond to the Hyperion's presence, as well as that of her Captain, Jonathan Rome. For that reason, I am ordering the Hyperion to patrol the space between Farius and Nehru. Do anything you can to try and coax this Adria from whatever hole she has found to hide in. If she shows herself, you are authorized to use whatever force necessary to neutralize her, as well as to locate her weapons.

I don't need to remind you how many lives are at stake here, Commander. Failure has never been less of an option.

Good hunting.

Admiral Vera Hill
Starfleet Command
Last edited by C. J. Short on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11601.11

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:33 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Commander Niamh Danann, Acting First Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Commander Rojer Lyon, Acting Commanding Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

We are to patrol the area between Farius and Nehru. The Admiralty and Command wants us to flush out Adria and discover the location of her weapons and to neutralize her. With whatever force necessary.

XO: Commander Danann, set a search pattern course between the two worlds. Make us as visible as possible to lure her out. The rest we will take as it comes.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11601.18

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:15 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

The situation has become more personal, if that is at all possible. We have a missing officer and Adria is responsible. Captain Rome will be able to give valuable insight on how to get rid of this blight on the universe.

CTO: Keep an eye on things while I confer with Captain Rome.
TO: Work with Operations on the ion trail and give me options on neutralising Adria. Mild to wild.
OPS: Keep an eye on that ion trail, send course corrections to navigation as needed.
CMO: Continue identifying the casualties of this attack and file a report with Starfleet Command when you are done.
ENG: Keep the engines purring in all three sections.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11601.25

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:26 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Once the ship is separated, the middle and dorsal sections need to take on the support ships, the ventral section will take on Adria's ship.

CTO: Have the two sections attack and keep the support ships busy. We're going after the main ship.
TO: Co-ordinate with the middle and ventral sections on attack patterns, I want the support ships out of the picture.
OPS: Keep the ship's requirements optimal.
CMO: You know where we're going, so have the sickbays ready for battle.
ENG: Shields and weapons have to stay online. Keep it that way.

Captain Rome, your input in this matter will be much appreciated.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11602.01

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:23 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Commander Joanne Feyna, Acting First Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

We have destroyed Adria's ships, we have her in custody and we have Danann mostly safe and sound.

Captain Rome, I believe you are the only one Adria will talk to. Please see what she has to say on the matter - we need to find those Genesis devices.

CTO: I want you in the brig while Captain Rome is talking to Adria. Be closer than his shadow, I don't trust that woman as far as I can throw her.
TO: Take your orders from Cmdr. Feyna.
OPS: You have the bridge while I'm in sickbay and the brig.
CMO: Please have a report ready for me - I need to know.
EO: Liaise with OPS to have any damage to the ship fixed.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11602.08

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Adria will be off our hands soon, the Vonnegut is en route to take her to whatever fate awaits her.
We will continue to the site of the Genesis device and do what we can to disable it.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate 11602.15

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:11 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

We will continue to the site of the Genesis device and do what we can to disable it. Set caution to "Extreme Paranoia" since we are dealing with something Adria had a hand in.

That is all
Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Commander

Epiloge, Part 1

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Antonia + 1 Month

Vostok High-Security Rehabilitation Center, Siberia

"She's been practically catatonic for weeks," lamented Dr. Petrus, watching the Orion woman through the one-way force field. She sat on her bed, barefoot and clad in the facility's sickeningly beige scrubs, slumped lightly against the wall.

"She hasn't responded to any of our standard techniques, perhaps unsurprisingly," the Bolian doctor continued.

"I assume you'll be moving on to more advanced therapy," his guest replied. She was human, dressed in a Starfleet uniform, though she lacked rank insignia or a division color.

"Of course," nodded Petrus, casting the woman another wary glance. He'd been uncomfortable with her presence since they'd first net. There was something off about her, a cold tone in her voice, or vicious calculation in her eyes. He refrained from asking again about the reason for her visit. Something about her reply the last time intimated he'd regret asking again.

"I'm going to observe," said the woman, staring intently at the Orion. With a soft sigh, Petrus nodded, taking up his chart and leaving the observation chamber. He soon stepped into the small, padded cell, putting on his professionally pleasant smile.

"Good morning, Indara," he greeted, knowing full well she wouldn't answer. He positioned a soft ottoman in front of the Orion's cot, sitting lightly and looking over his bare notes. This was mostly out of habit, as there was nothing to refer back to.

Petrus frowned lightly in thought, staring at the vacant convicted terrorist. Words clearly weren't getting through to her, which meant he would have to try some other sensory input. This carried a certain amount of risk, of course, but his job was to establish Indara's potential for rehabilitation, and he was unwilling to make a decision without trying everything he could.

Setting his PADD and stylus aside, he stood, adjusted his lab coat, and carefully sat beside the Orion, watching her carefully for any reaction, and frankly ready to move away quickly. Whatever her affliction, this was a dangerous woman.

"Indara," he called, his voice barely above a whisper. "I'm going to place my hand on your shoulder," he informed. Carefully, his blue hand came to rest on Indara's shoulder. He thought he saw a flicker of a blink at that; progress, at last.

"Indara, can you hear me?" he asked, giving the shoulder a light squeeze. The Orion took a sudden, deep breath, and it took all of Petrus will to keep him from bolting. With a small sigh to calm himself, he continued. "You're in a safe place, okay? I'm here only to help you, not punish you.

Slowly, the Orion lifted her eyes, tilting her head enough to look directly at the opposite wall, where the observation field was. On this side, holo-emitters gave it a very wall-like appearance. Still, Indara stared at it, and to Petrus, it seemed as if she knew someone was there.

A sense of dread had just begun to dawn on him when Indara's head turned and snapped forward, Petrus' world becoming blinding white pain. He tumbled from the bed, blood flowing freely. He could taste it as he called out.

"Computer, code Orange!" He choked, the computer chiming it's acknowledgment.

"Computer, belay code Orange alert," said the human woman. "Authorization Hill 2 Alpha Tango."

"Alert cancelled," the computer responded in a pleasant tone.

Inside the cell, Petrus scrambled to get away from the Orion, who slowly rose to her feet. To his brief relied, she didn't descend upon him, instead slow hobbling towards the illusory wall. She continued to stare through it a moment before slowly bending down and retrieving the doctor's stylus. For a moment, Petrus feared she would try to hurt herself with it, enough to keep him from noticing the lack of alarms. All of his relief and concern disappeared when she looked at him, a most wicked grin on her lips.

She was on him in an instant, giving him only a moment to scream before she gripped his throat, forcing his trachea shut and holding his head still. He felt a primal horror as she raised the stylus over his eye, his weak thrashing doing little to loosen her grasp.

In the observation room, Vera Hill watched intently as the stylus was lowered and inserted in a slow, steady fashion, a small smirk on her lips.

"Perfect," she whispered.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate 11602.22

Postby Einar S » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:31 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Commander Rojer Lyon, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

STARDATE: 11602.22

You are all on shore leave until further notice, enjoy your well earnt time off people.

New arrivals please report to XO with your transfer orders.

Captain Jonathan Rome,
Commanding Officer
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Epiloge, Part 2

Postby C. J. Short » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Antonia + 127 years

USS Salk, in orbit of Antonia II

"Alright Monde, give me a final read," called Captain Volare.

"Atmosphere stable, and within tolerance. Ground is stable, tectonic activity normal, and it's a balmy 31 degrees at the equator," offered the science officer, carefully reading the sensor readouts.

"Sound good," Volare said with a nod. A neural implant established a connection with Bost in the transporter room. "Everything's green up here, Commander. Is your team ready?"

Down in the transporter room, Bost was slowly rubbing her eyes, a young Ensign nearby fumbling endlessly with his EV helmet. She had tried to give him pointers, but the poor lad simply wasn't getting it. Taes wasn't nearly as patient, and roughly grabbed Ensign Ered by the shoulders, affixing his helmet for him.

"Sorta," she replied to the Captain. "Ered apparently needs simulation time with EV suits."

"Noted," Volare said, giving a soft chuckle at that. "You're green-lit whenever you're ready."

"Understood," replied Bost before closing the comm with a thought. "Are we good?"

"Y-yes Ma'am," said Ered, trying not to fiddle with his helmet too much now that it was secure. Taes simply gave a nod, stoic as ever. Bost motioned silently to the pad, the three of them stepping up, with Bost nodding to the transporter chief. Transport was nearly instantaneous, the three gone in a blue flash and appearing on the planet's surface. Bost's jaw dropped instantly, while Ered gave a small whimper off appreciation. Even Taes chimed in with a well-delivered "Holy shit."

They stood in a great plain of dark teal grasses, swirling gently with the warm breeze. The sky was a brilliant aquamarine with swirling streaks of purple, a result of the burnt-orange hues of the Badlands. In the distance, towering mushroom-looking trees dwarfed rolling hills. Bost slowly turned to take in the rest of the landscape; shadowy mountains to the west, and what appeared to be a forest of more-traditional looking trees to the south. To the east appeared only grassy horizon, but she recalled from the scans that they were less than two kilometers from an ocean. She wordlessly took off in that direction, followed by the other two, who were doing their own slow look-abouts.

The journey was calm and peaceful. Scans hadn't indicated any sizable life forms, and what few insect-like creatures buzzed and flitted about seemed harmless, simply carrying pollen to and fro. The ocean was everything Bost had hoped and more. She'd been trying to imagine it ever since the sensors picked up bio-luminous organisms in the water.

The sea rolled gently against the shore, a vibrant blue in color, the edge of the water glowing a pleasant teal, similar to the grasses. The organisms were most concentrated near the shoreline, the glow dimming further out into the sea. Bost imagined the entire ocean surrounded by a halo of the things, the thought leaving her nearly breathless.

She had been to Risa, and Blue Horizon, and many of the other 'new eden' type worlds. If she had to choose one place to spend the rest of her days, she would choose this one.
===================

Antonia + 544 years

Antonia II

"Adria? Come on, hun; it's getting late," called a human man, waving to his little girl in the distance. She had been playing in the grasses, rooting around for those shiny violet stones she liked to collect.

"Okay papa," she called, fishing out one last one and examining it before bounding over, grinning as a hand trailed along in the grass. Her father could only smile, holding out his hand, which she took happily. The two began the walk home.

"Papa?" she asked.

"What, sweetheart?" he replied, beaming down at her.

"What's gonna happen in Darwinna?" The man paused, little Adria stopping with him, looking up at him with a slight worry in her eyes. With a soft sigh, he crouched down, looking at his little girl with a smile.

"Everything's going to be fine. People are just a little angry, that's all," he explained.

"Why?" she asked, as any kid would.

"Well, some of the workers there feel like they're not getting treated fairly," he answered, trying not to give too many details.

"Jonta says there's gonna be a big fight," she said, frowning. Her father laughed softly, reaching up to warmly stroke her cheek.

"There's not gonna be a fight. The Federation have sent people to talk with the workers, to work out a fair deal."

"Jonta says the Federation are bullies."

"Well, Jonta's father is angry, too. But he's wrong," he explained, moving to sit more comfortably in the grass, pulling the little girl into his lap.

"These kinds of arguments are gonna happen. The Federation is huge, and there are a lot of people in it with differing opinions. And yes, the Federation isn't perfect, but you know what?" he continued, lightly petting her hair. She looked up at him with her large brown eyes, waiting.

"I'm glad we live in the Federation. I'm glad you and your mom live here with me. We're safe, and the Federation is fair. They do what they can to fight injustice, and there are countless men and woman out there working to ensure that you, me, and mommy stay safe, and they've been doing it for centuries. That's a lot better than we'd have if we were an independent world."

Adria smiled happily, seemingly assured as she pecked her father on the cheek. Slipping from his grasp, she giggled as she sprinted towards home. With a warm grin, her father chased after her, a perfect end to a perfect day.

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion