Dixon

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Dixon

Postby Einar S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Male
Human (Assumed)
68 kg
201 cm

Public Relations Officer in the Office of the Ombudsman, Starfleet HQ
(This post allows him access to every section and every level of Starfleet. It also ensures his presence anywhere in the federation will seem justified.)

Physical Description:
His hair a dirty blonde color, dark brown eyes and his facial features are sharp, hawklike, almost lifeless. He has a long forehead, harsh cheekbones and thin lips which combine to make for a striking face one would not forget in a hurry, though on may wish to.

When he walks, it is almost as if he's planned each step in advance, taking it carefully and precicely, giving a scientific precision to everything he does. This precision is at the heart of what makes him so dangerous and so effecting as an operative for Section 31. When he has you, you know he's thought of every eventuality. Escape is unlikely.

He speaks plainly when he has something he wants but will confidently let his actions speak if he feels they'll have more of an impact.

Has a facial tick under his left eye
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Dixon Stardate 10605.07

Postby Einar S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Almost ten years earlier...

The corridor was narrow, dark and claustrophobicly low. But it was fit for purpose. Those who worked here needed few creature comforts.

She heard the grunts and subsequent screams emanating from her destination before she reached the entrance way. She grimaced each time the painful sound echoed down the walls, unintentionally punctuated by the staccato rhythm of her black boot heels as she quickened her pace. She gripped a small device in her hand as she turned a corner, thumbed a lock and entered the room.

“Please!” he begged between sobs, a mixture of tears and blood trickling down his face. “I’ve told you all I know!” He was manacled to a chair, his black and teal shouldered uniform given to him by his rescuers to cover his bruised and naked flesh now drenched with sweat and other bodily fluids as a human male in his late thirties wiped his bloodied hand on a dirty rag. A long scar running up his face, making it seem like he was smiling. He was not. “I was a prisoner….they killed them all!”
Kesh surveyed the scene without comment, knowing better than to interrupt Dean mid swing. The punch landed square in the bloodied man's jaw with a wet thump. She waited.
He sobbed and spit out a mixture of blood and saliva – “Please! I’ve told you all…I just want to get back to my wife……please!”
"Dean... " Kesh said softly. The human turned, his eyes bright with aggression. "You break his face, he can't talk. I mean, look at him, he's ready to piss himself. You won't get anything useful out of him like that..."
The man looked over at the newcomer with pleading eyes, then back at his interrogator “Listen to her! I’ve told you all I know….please!”
"Let me have a go at him," she said, ignoring the whimpering mess tied down.
Dean wiped his fist on the rag before tossing in the corner with a grunt.
"Thanks," Kesh threw him a cool smile as he grumbled past her to the exit.
He looked up at her pleadingly, “I know who you are... Starfleet Intelligence” he sucked in his nose and almost choked on the mixture of blood and mucus.
"Did the uniform give it away?" she asked coolly as she stood in front of him, her slender fingers resting on her curved hips.
“I’ve heard the stories, we all have….but I was held by someone much more scary… and I didn’t crack because I’m a Starfleet Officer! Like you!”
"Not like me." Kesh dismissed his pleading. Instead, she held up the small device she had been carrying. "You're lucky, Mr Robertson. You get the honour of being the first person to test this remarkable apparatus." She bent at the waist, leaning close to his face. "It's just been authorised for field use."
His gaze traveled to the device in her hand, and a memory of the Romulan mind probe came back to him. The agony. The screams as the device drilled into his subconscious…day after day. Week after week. How long was it?
“Jeremiah” he spat back, pulling at his restraints. “Mr. Robertson is my father.”

"Jeremiah, then..." she straightened, her slim shape accentuated by the tight, all black uniform she wore. Walking around behind his chair, she continued to speak. "You were taken by the Tal Shiar, Jeremiah. You were in their custody for... what was it? Five years? Six? Give or take a day or two?," she threaded her fingers through his mangled and bloodied hair. "And you claim you withheld when they interrogated you." She gripped a handful of hair in a tight fist. "Then, somehow, when rescue eventually arrived, you were the only one on the entire station left alive." She pulled his head back and stared down at him, her dark, betazoid eyes intense. "How do you account for that mystery, hmm?"
“I don’t know! I was lucky! I was being kept in a cell…the Tzenkethi attacked and there was a fire….I got to safety…then the crew of the Hood saved me! Honestly! That’s it! I DON’T KNOW WHY THEY KEPT ME ALIVE!” he sobbed and couched as the tears streamed down his face. “PLEASE! I’m a Scientist! I told the green blooded bastards the same thing! And now you are treating me just like they did!....I just….I just want to get back to my wife!”
He felt the sensation of cold metal against his temple. "Deep breath," a voice half in his ear and half in his mind said. Then a blinding pain hit him.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Dixon Stardate 11212.01

Postby Einar S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59&hilit=Dixon&start=20#p989

Almost four years earlier...

"Is that a tattoo?" he asked as he trailed the knife over his chest....cutting shallow cuts into his chest and shoulder "How...rebellious...dear Captain, I had you pegged all wrong!" he said and raised the blade to his nose and tapped it twice with the blunt end. "Baaaad boy".

He giggled and almost danced around the chair, running the knife alongside Rome's shoulders. "You ARE full of surprises"

"Who....are you?" Jonathan croaked, his lips cracked and split open...how many days had he been here? "I am Dixon" he said matter of factly, then threw the knife away into a corner. "Archaic....I prefer more....advanced means of interrogation....You know....once this telepath tried to interrogate me" he laughed and walked out of sight and fetched a chair. "She was quite the little mouse".

Jonathan shook his head, trying to get his vision to clear and....his mind to focus on his surroundings. Last thing he remembered was speaking to Idrani from Ferenginar....then nothing. "I drugged you....yes I KNOW. I KNOW! It's so cliché!".

"Captain....Jonathan Rome...Starfleet. Serial number..D224-"

"SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUP!" He yelled manically as he jumped to his feet and slapped him, cracking his lips even more....he could feel the blood flowing down his beard, to his bare chest. Dixon stopped and put a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide. "Oops. I am sorry, dear Captain. I...I hate when they do that".

Jonathan spit, clearing the blood from his mouth before speaking. "What do you want?".

The man smiled....and for a moment it sent a shiver through Jonathan's body. "I want to know where the gallant crew of the Scimitar have gone off to.....you see...they have...derailed my plans a bit. I don't like it when people do that"

Jonathan raised his head and looked him in the eye....a smile creeping upon his face. "You sent Kasayn didn't you?" he asked, seeing a flicker of recognition in the man's manic eyes.

Dixon huffed and straightened his pose, turning his back to him "I minor pawn in our plan.....things are proceeding, despite your people's intervention."

"What...is your plan?"

"Wait...." he said, turning around...."Is this where you get me to tell you all my plans...so if you get lose, you can stop me?....I DON'T THINK SO!" he said and ran over, grabbing Jonathan's hair and pulling his head backward and brought his lips to his right ear..."Never...."

Jonathan screamed in pain and tried to get lose, but his hand and feet were firmly tied to the chair. "Let me go!"

"Oh dear Captain....I fear I can not do that...not yet, at least". He let go off his hair, and wiped his hand on his black tunic before walking off somewhere out of sight. He wasn't sure how much time passed before the man came back....hours? days?

He could hear him walking behind him. "Have you....come...to kill me?"

"No dear Captain..."
Something cold touched the back of his neck...

"I have come for questions....no..wait...Answers. Yes. That"

He walked around the chair smiling, placing a device he had in his hands over Jonathan's head. He tried to fight him off, but the lack of food or water had left him weak. "Oh come now Captain....struggling will only make it hurt more"

"What...."

"Romulan mind probes....filthy things. But they get the job done. You have to admire Romulan craftmanship"

"I....like..their ale"

Dixon snorted before his eyes seemed to glaze over...."Yes...this will work nicely". He walked away towards a small console before him, and brought the device to life. "Now Captain....how can I find your people?"

Jonathan grinned "I will never talk....this isn't my first interrogation, you sick son of a bitch"

Dixon looked over his shoulder, his hawklike gaze burning through him. "Now now...language". Then he pushed the button. Then there was only pain.

Pain....and then he told him everything...
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Dixon Stardate 11212.03

Postby Einar S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Almost four ears earlier...

U.S.S Scimitar Away Team Log Archive

OPS Lt Saprin:
ACO: Before I answer that, can you take a look at something in my console?
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
OPS: As long as they aren't holiday snaps of Rome again. ::smiles and walks around to see the console:: What am I looking for?
OPS Lt Saprin:
::lets him look at the message:: ACO: I can´t trace it.
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
OPS: Whoever it is knows the crew. Could it be Rome, or Section 31... ::pauses::

SCENE: On the console it says simply "Full stop, Lieutenant Saprin"

ACTION: The words fade and are replaced by "Now".

ACO Cmdr Idrani:
OPS: Seems that whoever sent the message would have a lot of knowledge about Romulan technology, as well as our mission.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::nods in agreement.:: ACO: And it sounds awfully like a threat.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::nods slowly:: ACO: Well, I don´t recognize the authority of a Romulan console in giving me an order so I have no inclination to follow it. We also combed the ship, there are no explosives or weapons aboard.

ACTION: The viewscreen comes on by itself, showing a darkened room and a lone figure in the background. A cold, but calculated voice speaks up. "I suggest you do as I say, Lieutenant"

ACO Cmdr Idrani:
::doesn't look satisfied and turns around:: Figure: The Lieutenant isn't in command here, and neither are you.

ACTION: A low chuckle can be heard.

ACTION: On the viewscreen, a man can be seen standing in the shadows. His dirty-blond hair in contrast to his black monotone jumpsuit. As he steps closer, his features become more visible. His long forehead and bony visage give him a timeless demeanor. His long, skinny body moving softly and it is if each step is deliberate. As if he knows exactly where each foot is supposed to be. Almost scientific.

ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Figure: Hmm. I was wondering how long it'd take you lot to show up.
Dixon:
ACO: That implies you got away from us. ::moves closer to the camera, tilting his head....a twitch in his left eye::
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Figure: And that implies you believe we've been running. ::grins::
Dixon:
::a slight grin appears, which turns into a toothless smile:: ACO: Not bad, Commander Idrani.
Dixon:
All: I am Dixon.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::notices the lack of title or rank. Also notices how useless the name is::
Dixon:
ACO: I suggest you stop. I know about your fruitless plan....it would be much easier for everyone if you would just turn around.
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: Why the mysterious shadowy talk, Dixon? You want something, lay it out bare. Give me one good reason why I should turn around.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::remembers something and brings short range sensors to look for high neutrino concentrations in the area::
Dixon:
::appears to look down past the viewscreen at Saprin and grins::
Dixon:
OPS: A waste of your time, my dear.
Dixon:
::looks up and meet's Idrani's steely gaze:: ACO: One reason?
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: And you're wasting my time. OPS: Shut it off.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::shakes her head:: ACO: I am unable to.
Dixon:
::looks to Idrani calmly, awaiting his reply with a cold smirk::
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
::nods:: OPS: Well, then, ::sits down:: looks like we have company on the last leg of our journey.
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
::picks up a padd and starts doing some paperwork::
Dixon:
::takes a deep breath and looks resigned:: ACO: Oh well.
Dixon:
::pulls out a remote of sorts and flicks a switch::

ACTION: The camera seems to turn, panning to the right where a figure can be seen sitting in a chair in the shadows

ACTION: The camera zooms in, showing Jonathan slumped over in a chair, his shirt missing and covered in sweat...blood trickles down from his ears and eyes.....evidence of neural probes on his forehead.

EO LtCmdr Spencer:
::feels the hairs rising on his arms as he leans forward::
OPS Lt Saprin:
::stares at the screen, showing no emotion. Suddenly almost everything makes sense::
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
::looks at Rome for a moment:: FCO: Maintain course. ::keeps a strong unbreaking voice:: Dixon: Starfleet doesn't negotiate with terrorists. We all knew that when we signed up to Starfleet.
Dixon:
::walks back into camera range, his face all the way up in the lens:: ACO: You misunderstand me Commander Idrani. You of all know the steps we need to take to protect our way of life.
Dixon:
::his left eye twitches::
<FCO Naychev>
::staring at the screen, only slowly he looks at his console:: ACO: Yes ... maintain course. ::changing course would actually be the difficult thing like now. He is frozen in his seat::
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: This is bigger than you. Bigger than Rome.
Dixon:
::makes a sad face and looks back at Rome and then back into the camera, moving even closer until just his eye fills the screen:: ACO: Bigger than the Scimitar too? Bigger then.....the Kraken?
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: I don't want to see anyone die, and your threats... well, under normal circumstances, who knows, I might have turned around. But this is for potentially stopping a war between the Federation and the Romulans, saving millions of lives, not just a few hundred.
Dixon:
::takes a step back and opens his arms wide:: ACO: That's what I want too.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::glances back at the screen at the word scimitar, trying to read Dixon. Obviously warning the Praetor will be very bad for Dixon and his operation or he wouldn’t risk the kind of exposure that comes with destroying 2 Starfleet ships. But the question remains indeed...is it worth it? She looks at the ACO::

ACTION: In the background, Jonathan stirs and starts coming to, his head bobbing.

ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: Except look at you… what you resort to. You've forgotten the way of life you talk about, you've traded it in.
Dixon:
ACO: Someone has to. So you can have your beautiful gardens, and your plates full, and your art!
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: Our dignity, our morals.
Dixon:
::chuckles at his own outburst and places a hand over his mouth::
Dixon:
::looks behind him as he hears Rome coughing::
<FCO Naychev>
ACO: We...we are five minutes from the system's edge, sir.
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: You could line up every Kraken, Scimitar and Starfleet officer and ask them one by one if they'd sacrifice their life to protect the Federation and what it stands for, and every one would give you the same answer. They'd do it without hesitation. Take Rome, for example. ::gestures:: Ask him!
Dixon:
::looks up smiling:: ACO: Ask him?
Dixon:
::shakes his head resigned:: ACO: Maybe he can demonstrate?
ACO Cmdr Idrani:
Dixon: Ask him if I should turn around!
Dixon:
::pulls out a phaser and fires a blast straight into Rome's chest, blasting him backwards::

ACTION: The viewscreen turns off.

ACO Cmdr Idrani:
::sits down:: FCO: Maintain course. OPS: Prepare to locate the Praetor.
OPS Lt Saprin:
::for the first time in this whole ordeal she stares at the blank viewscreen, trying to control her emotions. She too wanted to cry out::

End of Recording
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Re: Dixon Stardate 11212.01

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Einar S wrote:

Pain....and then he told him everything...

Ooof, I'd forgotten how brutal Dixon was.

Lieutenant

Re: Dixon

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:56 pm

It's strange, flashing back to the reason that Feyna first came on the scene....

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion