Hyperion Arc #10 - Libertas

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Hyperion Arc #10 - Libertas

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:30 am

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: XO Commander Rojer Lyon, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain Rome,

Congratulations are once again in order for your crew's successful capture of Indara Dren, AKA Adria. I have to admit I didn't think she would be taken alive, and it's most impressive that you were able to do so. Once again, you have significantly enhanced the safety of the quadrant, and you have my personal thanks in addition to all the other accolades that are sure to come your way.

I trust your shoreleave was relaxing; it's time to get back to work. One of Earth's local sensor arrays picked up unusual readings near the Vendor system which may indicate that a ship has violated the Federation quarantine of that planet. Best case scenario, someone simply drifted off course. Worst-case, we have emotional shapeshifters loose in troubling proximity to Earth.

A couple of transwarp jumps should have you there. I will remind you that you are by no means to contact the Vendorians, or respond to any attempts at contact they make themselves. If you find that a foreign ship has landed on Vendor, DO NOT make any attempt to retrieve it. Simply observe and report.

Good luck, and welcome back, Jonathan.

Admiral Vera Hill
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing 11603.14

Postby Einar S » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:34 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Commander Rojer Lyon, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

STARDATE: 11603.14

I hope you all enjoyed your shore leave and have come back rested and refreshed because we have received new orders from Starfleet.

One of Earth's local sensor arrays picked up unusual readings near the Vendor system which may indicate that a ship has violated the Federation quarantine of the whole system put into effect in 2269. As you know the Vendor system lies on the edge of the Romulan Neutral Zone in the Beta Quadrant and it has been suspected that Romulans have on occasion inhabited Vendor II, an M-class planet belonging to the Vendorians.

Hopefully this is just a case of navigational error by a merchant, but we have to be prepared for the eventuality of a Vendorian on the loose. I don’t have to remind you that Vendorians are not allowed to enter Federation space or take part in the community of worlds in the two quadrants due to their shapeshifting abilities and duplicitous nature.

A couple of transwarp jumps should have us there in good time.

It is imperative that we do not contact the Vendorians, or respond to any attempts at contact they make themselves nor are we to infringe on their independence or enter their airspace unless to enforce the quarantine. This is merely an observe and report mission until deemed otherwise.

Please keep in mind that the Federation-Romulan relations have been growing since Hobus and I personally took part in the post-Hobus relief crisis summit so it is very important that we keep clear of the Neutral Zone and any Romulan presence. Peace is fragile, let’s not much it up.

XO: Commander, please get departmental reports and get me an ETA for the Vendor system. Get me all reports on the hologram Vitro from Douglas’ personal files and encrypt. You have the Bridge, get us under way as soon as possible.

NAV: Commander, set a course for the edge of the Vendor system and liaise with Engineering. It’s been a long time coming, but we are finally about to test the Transwarp drive properly.

OPS: Ensign, gather reports on the Vendorians and any Romulan activity in the area. Please inform the Romulan government that we will be in the area but will stay clear of the Neutral Zone.

CTO: Put the ship under quarantine alert. If we need to bring someone onboard, I want them quarantined and subject to genetic scans.

TAC: Lieutenant, Vitro is to be disconnected from the main Computer core, his self-activation routines disabled and his access limited to the holodecks effective immediately. And I mean immediately. As soon as you have done so report to my Ready Room.

SCI: Cadet, request additional power to Long Range Scans, I want reports from that system as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for Romulan traffic.

CMO/MED: Read up on Vendorian physiology and prepare a scanning technique to identify a Vendorian as such. Prepare quanrantine protocol in cooperation with Tactical.

ENG: Engineering, prepare the ship for Transwarp.

Captain Jonathan Rome,
Commanding Officer
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11603.21

Postby Einar S » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:02 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

STARDATE: 11603.21

All senior crew please report to the Observation Lounge immediately. Following a brief announcement, these are your orders:

XO: Commander, work with Medical to put into effect the most efficient proposal to deal with any Vendorians that might come into contact with our people.

NAV: Commander, once we drop out of warp, keep us at the edge of the Vendorian system.

CTO: Your orders are unchanged.

TAC: Work with our guest. Keep me appraised of any developments.

SCI: Cadet, this is your change to impress. I want detailed scans of any goings on in that system.

CMO/MED: Work with Commander Lyon.

Captain Jonathan Rome,
Commanding Officer
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11603.28

Postby Einar S » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:12 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

STARDATE: 11603.28

XO: Commander, you have the Bridge.

NAV: Commander, as soon as we can talk in private, I want a report on that shuttle.

CTO: I need you with me in the Ready Room.

TAC: Work with our guest. Keep me appraised of any developments.

SCI: Cadet, keep up the good work. Keep tabs of the surrounding space and the Vendorian system. If anything seems out of the ordinary report to Commander Lyon.

CMO/MED: As soon as that man is checked out, bring him to my Ready Room.

Captain Jonathan Rome,
Commanding Officer
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11604.11

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

STARDATE: 11604.11

As you may have noticed, the Hyperion has received new orders. We are travelling into the Romulan Republic space on a diplomatic mission. I expect a peaceful mission, but I urge everyone to keep on their toes.

XO: Commander, get me an update on Commander Danann’s condition and the condition of our Vendorian…guest.

NAV: If the Doctor clears you for duty I need you back on the Bridge.

OPS: As soon as we’re in range, hail the Vintaki government and request beam down protocols.

CTO: Bring Bronson to me.

TAC: If Dr. Jens is done with your services, please report to your station.

SCI: Cadet, keep the scanners on passive mode when we reach the Vintaki system. We don’t want to offend anyone.

CMO/MED: Report to the XO.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing 11604.18

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Commander Rojer Lyon, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

STARDATE: 11604.18

Since we are now in Vintaki orbit, we are to proceed with the mission as ordered by Admiral Hill. This will include assisting Mr. Bronson with his mission.

NAV: Keep us on station over the planet.

OPS: Confirm the beam down protocols and location.

CTO: Bring Bronson to the bridge and we shall see what there is to see.

TAC: I need you on the bridge to keep tabs on Mr Bronson.

SCI: Cadet, your orders will remain the same for now. Keep the scanners on passive mode when we reach the Vintaki system.

CMO: I need an update on the tracking device we spoke of.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11604.25

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

STARDATE: 11604.25

XO: Commander, I will be heading an away team down to the planet. You will take the Bridge while I am away….no arguments.

NAV: Commander, if you feel up for it, I want you on the away mission.

OPS: Keep a constant lock on the away team and equip the away team with emergency transporters. Take your orders from the XO.

CTO: Please take over second officer duties while I am away, but keep the ship ready for anything. I want men on Bronson 24/7.

TAC: Mr. Douglas, please report to the away team.

ENG: Mr. Okiah, welcome back onboard. Please report to Engineering and take over the duties of acting Chief.

SCI: Cadet, report to the away team. Bring a tricorder and use this time to examine the lifeforms and plants on an alien world.

CMO: Please report to the XO on your latest orders.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing 11605.02

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon May 02, 2016 5:27 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
FROM: Commander Rojer Lyon, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

STARDATE: 11605.02

OPS: Keep a constant lock on the away team and keep tabs on all communications in the system.

CTO: Speak up if you have anything I need to know. The guards on Bronson remain, but I don't have to tell you that.

ENG: I won't pretend I know what needs to happen with Engineering. Please let me know if there is anything that needs my attention.

CMO: Please continue the work in sickbay as needed and keep our guest comfortable - I understand your reluctance in this matter, but for now I am going to insist Kette remains behind the force field.

Cmdr. Lyon
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11605.16

Postby Einar S » Mon May 16, 2016 5:47 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

STARDATE: 11605.16

XO: Commander, inform Starfleet of our situation. Tell them we are leaving Republic space with the Vintaki Consul and her delegate for their safety.

OPS: Work with Mr. Bronson, follow his orders unless I intervene.

CTO: Keep shields and weapons offline, but charge shield emitters and make sure the ablative armor is properly deployed.

*TAC*: Lieutenant Douglas, apprehend Commander Danann and take her to her quarters.

*ENG*: Mr. Okiah, thank you for your modifications. Keep an eye on the changes and make sure we don’t run into any surprises.

SCI: Ensign, make detailed scans of the planet, the occupying forces, weapons and personnel placements and the ships in orbit. We need to bring this information back to base.

*CMO*: Doctor, I need you to trust me. Disable the modifications you made to Kette’s biology. He is our only hope for the people on the planet below.

AUX: Cadet, assist Ensign Sulev and take your orders from him.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion