SCI Ensign Anthony Goodman

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Anthony Goodman

SCI Ensign Anthony Goodman

Postby Antonio Buonomo » Tue May 03, 2016 12:29 am

Cadet's Log, Stardate 11605.03

It was Goodman's first day aboard a starship.

Although technically he had finished all the exams, he was still waiting for his graduation ceremony, but he was immediately assigned on the USS Hyperion because of his theories on "scanning techniques at warp speed velocities" that had intrigued Starfleet so much that they decided to grant the Cadet the opportunity to test them in real life scenarios.

Nervous, he approached his quarters holding two boxes containing his personal belongings in his arms. They did not contain much except for a couple of off-duty clothes, 21st century memorabilia, a poster of his hometown football club and a picture of his family. To the eyes of the rest of the crew it was strange that a Cadet had been granted the luxury of his own quarters, but this order came directly from Starfleet, with vague motivations as their reasoning.
While unpacking the few things he brought with him, he stopped for a moment, remembering the first days at the Academy and how hard it was for his parents to accept his life-changing decision. It doesn't matter, I know they're proud of me now, Goodman thought.

His faint smile on his face faded, however, when he heard the sound of the door chime. "Come in", the Cadet said while moving the box from his bed and standing up.

Nothing happened.

His expression now changed completely to a worried one, Goodman walked at the door with a faster pace than normal to check if someone was really there, but when the doors opened, he could find no one.
Think about it, it might just be a malfunction, he thought staring back at his room. No, it can't start again so soon.
Last edited by Antonio Buonomo on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ensign Anthony Goodman
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant JG

Re: AUX Cadet Anthony Goodman

Postby Antonio Buonomo » Tue May 03, 2016 10:45 am

That was my first log entry...let me know if that was okay!
Ensign Anthony Goodman
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Tue May 03, 2016 10:55 am

That was a great log to start with, Anthony. The only thing I'll mention is that, in general, if you want your cadet to have some unusual perk, you'll want to discuss it with your GD first (which is either James or me for now). Other than that, I thought it was a very good first log, and I'm excited to see you in action personally when I get back :)
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 am

Hm.. restricted medical info for a cadet, and people who aren't there.. Mysterious. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Great first log, Antonio :-)
CMO - LtJG Velina Tailor - USS Atlantis
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 (Decommissioned Vessel)
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 (Decommissioned Vessel)

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue May 03, 2016 11:46 am

really good log and well written. Happy to see you writing so soon after your first mission :)

As for what CJ said, you might have to make some changes to your backstory but don't worry about that!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant JG

Postby Antonio Buonomo » Tue May 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Although I have lived in the UK for a couple of years, I'm not a native speaker, so writing fiction in English is always an exciting challenge for me.

I apologize for the unapproved "perks" of my character, I'm ready to make any changes you feel necessary.
Ensign Anthony Goodman
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Don't apologise for English being your second language, it's also mine :) you are doing great!

I suggest, unless approved by the GD, that being assigned to a ship as Cadet is, as normally in our game, the final test before promotion. Also, as a junior member you would always share quarters with other Cadets and/or Ensigns unless you can bribe our Operations Officer ;)

But please don't let this discourage your writing, you are on a great start!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Tue May 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Einar's suggestions are the only changes I would suggest making. You're free to keep the scanning at warp thing as one of your achievements at the Academy. Also, if you could send me a PM about what's been redacted from your character's medical profile, that'd be great.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant JG

Postby Antonio Buonomo » Tue May 03, 2016 6:39 pm

C. J. Short wrote:Einar's suggestions are the only changes I would suggest making. You're free to keep the scanning at warp thing as one of your achievements at the Academy. Also, if you could send me a PM about what's been redacted from your character's medical profile, that'd be great.

Alright, I will keep that in mind for the next logs. I will also privately send you the medical profile of the character in the next days, as I'm still trying to flesh this backstory out a bit.
Ensign Anthony Goodman
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Tue May 03, 2016 6:48 pm

No worries, Anthony. Don't worry too much about all this stuff; you'll catch on quick. I've gotten nothing but positive reports about you, and I'm glad you've decided to join us!

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion