CTO Lt Feyna

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Ensign

Character Name: Ensign Carem Sulev

Re: CTO Lt Feyna

Postby Emile S » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:09 pm

And I thought my CTO was just being friendly, tssk.

Great log, Sophie! Love it when logs are in the 1st person, the way people write them is always different!
SCI - Ensign Carem Sulev - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:36 pm

I was tempted to end it on 'for the night is dark, and full of terrors'

Hah!

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:09 pm

brilliant Sophie. there's so much backstory to Feyna before she was assigned to Rome, and I love discovering it :) keep it up
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

CTO LtCmdr Feyna

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Stardate 11609.26

Jo sat there, the warm sun shining on her face and the sound of people chattering in her ears. She picked up the cup of coffee in front of her, and took a delicate sip, her manicured nails looking smooth and elegant against the white china. Silently the coffee returned to it's saucer, as she glanced around. Her eyes took in her surroundings: The street, the cafe she was sitting in; the party of people sitting across the room from her; the blonde laughing as she took her own cup of coffee, cream, two sugars.
Apparently absently, Joanne added another sugar to her coffee, stirring with the teaspoon.

The party carried on their conversation, not noticing the single woman, enjoying a drink in the good weather, a book by her side. The blonde laughed again, this time running a hand through her hair as she did so, in a way that showed it a natural habit. Jo's hand went up to her own hair, running it through her own blonde strands, emulating the movement....
TTTHHAWP!

The scenery to her left shimmered as a cane whipped through the air, making contact with her raised arm.

The rest of the room disappeared, except the blonde seated on the chair, and an older man appeared, seemingly out of nowhere.
"I taught you better than this. Not just one, but two outward signs of your intent, child."

Jo had stood to attention as soon as she had heard the sound of contact, before she had even felt the pain of it. But now the throbbing had set in, and she could feel the welt forming. She remained silent, as she knew what was expected of her, listening to the accented voice.

"I have no doubt of you being able to take the place of a holodeck character Joanna, but to replace her in reality, you will need to do re-con in a real life scenario. And the coffee and hair movements will draw attention to you. Unwanted attention. I am disappointed in you."

Jo cursed silently to herself, but remained upright.

"You are going to be re-assigned. I have lost faith in you to complete this mission, despite how well you physically fit the role with very little..modifications. We have another agent standing by." He gave her a glance up and down, assessing her in the way that always made her feel uncomfortable.
"Return to medical. You will be returned to yourself, Joanna Feyna, though your new orders will require different costuming. And a different set of accessories. And a skill set I hope you will find from somewhere."

As he exited from the holodeck, she was sure she heard a murmer "I hope you like Romulans, Joanna..."

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:18 pm

yes! I've been waiting to learn more about her romulan past! Great log Sophie:)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:05 am

Oooh, intrigue!
Great writing, Soph. I can't wait for the next installment. :D

Lieutenant

CTO LtCmdr Feyna

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Personal Log, Stardate 11610.03

Jo hit the dummy again: cross; cross; uppercut.
With each hit, she felt herself relaxing a tiny bit. She imagined his face on the head of the dummy as she used the knife blow against it's cheek, knowing deep inside that even if she had the opportunity, she didn't really want to hurt him. Not badly anyway. Just enough for him to know that he'd hurt her. And in a way that she rarely experienced. In the way that she tried to avoid.
Punch; punch; kick to the shoulder
This was the kind of hurt that the sickbay couldn't patch up, and the kind of hurt that they really needed to find a way to fix.
"What...." thump "more" bang "does he" thwack "want?" she asked the dummy as she kept attacking it with vigor.
She thought to herself what else she could have given. Be like Roj, and give up his happy relationship? Be like Rome and give up actual limbs? Or be like Nia and....and give up her child?

Jo stopped hitting, and panted heavily, resting her frame over that of the dummy as paused.

Okay, Niamh Danann had given up more than she ever had for the Hyperion. Starfleet might owe Jo, but Niamh didn't.

She straightened again, and began to slowly increase the speed and intensity of her routine against the mannequin. Nia was forgiven, maybe even Lyon. But Rome, he was getting a piece of her mind. Not for what he had done, but for the bloody way he had done it.

Her last kick knocked the dummy back against the mirror in her room, causing a giant crack to form up it.
"Men" she muttered, as ignored the damage to have a shower.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

okay I might be a little bit afraid now. Great log Sophie, that was a great read!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

CTO LtCmdr Feyna

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:40 pm

She heard the voice a second time..."Murderer".
This time she hadn't been surprised by the words, and instead ignored their implication to try and recognise the tone and any descriptors in the voice itself. She drew a blank. She still couldn't place it. It couldn't have been anyone she had spent any time with, else she would have at least an idea she had heard it before. But she didn't. It was a total unknown to her.

And the owner of the voice couldn't know her all that well. As Jo looked around the bridge at the rest of the crew there she could see signs of distress; Nia looked close to a breakdown and Rome....She didn't think she could ever remember seeing Rome cry in front of the crew before. Obviously the disembodied voice had hit their sore spots but not hers. She had reconciled herself to the fact that she had been a murderer a long time ago, and even when STAR caused her to do it again, up close and personal, she coped.
It was other things that writhed like worms around in her head, but they had their own very deep protected vault. Or was it so safe? Hadn't the Romulan memory come up recently, before they had faced anything here. Maybe things were surfacing that needed to be reburied. Like those murders the voice so knowingly accuses her of.....

Commander

Re: CTO LtCmdr Feyna

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote: Maybe things were surfacing that needed to be reburied. Like those murders the voice so knowingly accuses her of.....

Whoooooly crap.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion