XO Commander Jameson

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CTO Lt Commander Jameson

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote:Personal log, Stardate 11609.29

Maybe I'll get into contact with Tam. I haven't seen the Bolitho's since Kesh's memorial. Would be good for me to talk with friends, even if they are distant ones now.

Talk about a blast from the past... :D

Lieutenant

CTO LtCommander Jameson 11611.03

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Anya had both her hands occupied, phaser in one, rifle in the other. Her stronger arm, the right, that held the rifle had started to build up lactic acid in the muscles. She could feel the onset of a deep ache, and something that would hurt the next day. She fired at what looked like a big lumbering Jem Hadar, who was surprising nimble considering his bulk. He ducked her first shot, but got caught in the shoulder with her second and went spinning off course. She quickly took a glance to her left before returning to her defensive position: Lt Myer was her nearest ally and clearly holding her own.

Anya started moving carefully, each step deliberate so that she didn’t lose her footing in the mess on the floor. “Myer, back to back, and we move to collect Gren, Wyvery and Hitch. We reform position Beta, and this time no flying Hadar stops us till we get to our bloody goal.” The Bajoran heard, and gave a quick nod as she took out two Hadar with a single shot. Anya was impressed. Maybe she needed to give Theta team more credit in the future.
Sensing danger behind her, just before she reached the other tactical officer, she span around, ducking and firing as a bogie jumped and tried to take her out with a tackle. The giant sidestep she took got her finally with the Lt, and the started moving together to pick up the rest of team Theta.
As the four of them finally reunited, after what felt like hours, but was probably just minutes, they started to move in the direction of their errant, injured science officer…..

Commander

Re: XO Commander Jameson

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Marvelous. :)

Lieutenant

CTO LtCommander Jameson, 111603.11 Supplimental

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Approximately 5 years ago….

Anya sat at the bar, a shot of whiskey in the glass in front of one hand, a pile of PADDs by the other. She was staring intently at the PADD directly in front of her. Command game theory, not one of her strongest subjects but Professor Shultz was off with some kind of sickness that needed 2 weeks away from the Academy. Procrastination from marking the cadet’s submissions allowed her mind to wander for a moment wondering what, in this day and age, with their knowledge and technology, needed someone to take 2 weeks off. Either something serious, or something incredibly embarrassing. She truly hoped the latter.
Without thinking, she reached out for her glass, and moved to bring it to her lips whilst still reading. Suddenly, a hand clapped across the mouth of the glass with a dexterity that made her gasp a little. “Wha…what the hell?” Her head swivelled to the side, and looked at the owner of the hand. “What are you playing at?”

He looked back at her, a calm expression on his face. “That’s my drink.” Anya pulled her eyes away from the gentleman, for that was the word she felt best described him, to the bar in front of her. Indeed, her glass was still sitting there, about half the quantity of whiskey in her glass compared to that in her hand.
“I am so sorry! I wasn’t even aware I was no longer alone. Please,” She handed the glass to him. “accept my apologies. I am a little distracted.”
There was a smile on the stranger’s lips as his fingers brushed hers as the glass returned to him.
“I have a confession to make,” He eyed the pips on her collar “Commander. I may have purposely placed my glass in your way. How else would I be able to interrupt your dedicated reading?”
Anya smiled back at him. “That was very skillful Mister….?”
“You can call me Montgomery. Now, tell me, what course are you marking?” He turned a charming smile on her, and she felt her muscles relaxing in a way more than any whiskey could have done.

---------7 hours later---------
Anya woke up in Montgomery’s quarters, obviously guest, obviously pretty influential. The space next to her in the bed was empty. She reached out to the space. It was cold, he hadn’t been there for a while. Anya wrapped the sheet around herself and stepped out of the bed, looking through doors as she went, seeing if she can find any sign of him. There was nothing. No personal effects, no bag, no man. Except for one thing. On the table in the living area, as clear as a beacon, was a flower. She stepped closer, examining the orchid. It almost glowed with health, and with a opalescent gleam. The card beside it just had a single letter on it, in a cursive script. M

About 2 years ago…….

Anya was on the Bremen. She had just finished her shift, and was exhausted. She trudged her way to her quarters, opening the door and….she had forgotten. She had forgotten what day it was. On the table was an orchid, and a handwritten note. She couldn’t even smile when she saw it. Every year so far he had managed to find her, and every year was the orchid and the note.

…..3 weeks ago

The orchid was there again. She had come to learn that the pearly sheen was helped by thin veins of pale pink through the white of the petal. Only this year she smiled at the flower, but it was a colder one than she was used to. Someone who knew her location, on a ship as influential as the Bremen, on such high secrecy missions as the Bremen, who could bypass ship’s security, that person was someone she could use.
Montgomery, her personal Intelligence Agent.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Curiouser and curiouser...

You have me intrigued, Soph :)
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

CTO LtCommander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Stardate 11701.19
She was sitting there, absent-mindedly brushing her hair, using the few spare minutes to freshen up. Without being fully aware of it herself, she found the rhythmic detangling soothing. The sensation of the bristles massaging the scalp, the eventual free-flowing of the strands, the texture of silkiness as the brush leaves the ends.
She fell into a contemplative state, akin to meditation. The seconds felt like minutes, and then minutes like hours as she continued the ministrations to her hair. When she heard a quiet beeping from her console, she gently became aware of her surroundings. Replacing the brush into it's drawer, she stood and muted the alarm, stretching as she did so. Quickly pinning the hair up, she grabbed the pile of PADDs she had haphazardly left as she entered the room. After a second thought she picked up the one she had been doing personal research on. She moved to leave her quarters, catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror as she did so, a natural smile on her face.
She was okay with it. She had already done all that before, and had no interest in doing so again. She would step forward when needed, but, for the moment, she had no desire to indulge in ambition. It was the time for others to shine.
Anya was content where she was, at least until Marcus or some other striving individual deserved Chief in her place.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Marcus is still an ensign at, like, 50. I think Anya's position is secure :P

Nicely done, Soph!
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:19 pm

I was careful to include 'other striving individual'....:p

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Heee, Trev was LtCmdr until he headbutted his boss a couple of years ago! :p
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen