SCI Ensign Joseph Hitch

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Ensign

SCI Ensign Joseph Hitch

Postby Timofei Lerman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Log 1- I have recently made my way onto the ship and as if greeting me, the ship soon gave me an interesting experience. I had discovered that the ship had in her cargo, a box, filled with a brain and a heart. Further examination revealed that these organs were actually mechanical in part, and that the organs themselves had belonged to a former crew member by the name of Kesh. After consulting with my fellow crew members, I learned that she had died recently, having half of her chest torn off by an explosion. After this I had then decided that if these really are her brain and heart, then whoever had provided them must have had a motive for doing so. I have decided to embark on a personal mission to resurrect Kesh and solve the mystery behind the benefactor. I have come up with several different ways to resurrect Kesh. 1)Scan her personal belongings for her DNA, then analyze it and attempt to grow a body for her, into which the organs will be implanted. 2)Find an android body and implant the organs into it.3)Try to retrieve Kesh's body and surgically implant the organs, while at the same time repairing damage done to it.(due to the possibility of her body being not reparable or even destroyed completely.) Hopefully the crew will be able to provide additional information on Kesh. I find the lack of information, unnerving. Then there is the matter of the benefactor. I will, hopfully, be able to further analyze the box.

Commander

Re: Cadet SCI Joseph Hitch

Postby Einar S » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:00 pm

holy crap!

nice log Timofei :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:48 am

Thanks! Could you please explain to me what exactly happened with Harlan and the box? I wasn't there that session.

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Log 2
It has been an interesting set of events these past several days. From the discovery of a past crewmember's organs to the new mission of returning an entire planet's population by tipping a hole in space time. While the latter is interesting, should the population of Teissel turn out to be truly dead, we would have greatly disturbed the fabric of reality. Yet I am hopeful, so the past several hours I have been working hard on a way to bring back the colony. Harlan's idea of blowing up a neutron star could work, but only with a powerful weapon like the ones that was used to attack the colony in the first place. I will enquire the captain about this fact the next time I see them. To think I thought that my job would consist of simply scanning planets and analyzing samples, while in reality I am trying to bring back a planet. A lot of people would call this a mess,I call it and adventure.
END LOG

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 pm

I like your log Tim!

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Log (Co-written by Aiobhe)
With the knife being held against his throat, at least within the mind of Kesh, Hitch knew he had to calm down the situation. "I am with the Bremen, I only wish to help you, I would rather discuss this with you without a knife being held against my throat but I can guess that you might not exactly trust me. You see, right now we are within your mind, your brain and heart are inside of the Bremen sickbay. We are trying to resurrect you, but as you might guess, the crew are less than comfortable with doing so. They would like your opinion on whether you want to return to life, or not." Waves his hand, and two recliners appear. "See? We can affect this dimension as we see fit. Now let's get this dagger off my neck, why don't we?"
"The dagger is going nowhere, and neither are you," she warned, shifting her grip on the blade's hilt and keeping the Vulcan pinned against the damp, jagged rocks with the weight of her body.

"... you say I'm on the Bremen," she said, her husky voice echoing off the walls of the cave, the scant torch light casting dark, moving shadows across her serious face. She ignored the incongruity that the recliners represented. "How did I get off the Belligerent? What's my current condition? Who ordered you to come here?"

"Your body sustained critical damage and your organs were retrieved by Tactical Officer Harlan,who had carried your heart and lungs in a stasis box for a prolonged period of time, in hopes of resurrecting you. We are now orbiting Twissel and I was not ordered by anyone. It was my own idea to come here and the medical officer gave me permission. Now that I answered your questions, I truly do hope we can get rid of both the tension, and the dagger, in this situation. But first, do you want to be resurrected? Or do you want to leave this world behind and ascend to whatever world we go to after this. Its only fair of you to answer this, after I did the same thing for you." He says, smiling.

Kesh stared at this stranger with disbelief. She'd pressed knives to... well, let's say "several" men's throats over the years, and none of them had reacted so calmly. It unnerved her.
Confused, she felt the need to hold him hostage waning. She released a little pressure on the knife but shot him a warning look through the gloom that promised its return of he took so much as one step out of line. Again, she ignored his pressing questions, distracted, grappling to catch up with everything he was telling her. She covered her confusion with another gruff demand for details.
"Who the hell is Harlan?"

"Andrew Harlan, the Tactical Officer on the Bremen. Do you recognize the name Anva Nicole Jameson, at least? And yes I am overly calm, I need to be to focus on my research. I am in your mind, remember?"
"Anya, yes, of course. I've known her for years. One of my best friends on my first assignment out of the Academy..." As she spoke the knife disappeared in her hand and the scene shifted like a dream.

The low, idle, pulsing sound of a starship warpcore filled the space they occupied. Artificial lights appeared out of nowhere, giving Hutch his first good look at Kesh Suder. She was young, wearing a crisp Starfleet uniform topped with teal shoulders. Her hair was curling, pulled gently back from her face. She smiled at him. "Anya. She'll like you. I promise." She grabbed Hutch's hand and started to pull him down a tunnel in the cave. "Just remember, don't call this a date, ok? If she knew I was setting her up with you she'd kill me."

They came to a set of double doors with the Starfleet insignia on frosted glass. Kesh looked Hutch up and down. "You look great. Go get her." She activated the door control and pushed him into the lounge of an old Galaxy Class starship.

"Kesh, none of this is real. You are right now in a med-bay on the Starship Bremen."
"Yea, yea, yea... you're shy, I get it," she laughed a high-pitched, tinkling laugh, pulling him into the lounge with difficulty.

"I infer that as a coping mechanism, you have created this false memory world in which you now reside. Perhaps a world consisting of all of your good memories, and the reason you do not remember Harlan is because in this memory you had not met him yet. I am sorry, but none of this is real, this is all merely an illusion."

She turned and listened to him silently as the chatter from the bustling lounge faded into darkness. She blinked, her shining eyes and black irises burning into him as the light around them faded. She appeared to age before his eyes, her hair straightening and greying a little, her face losing its youthful vigour, the teal disappearing from her young shoulders and being replaced with pure black. "Pity..." she whispered, "Anya would have liked you, I know it."

Her eyes lost focus, her face paling. She stumbled to the side.
Medical alarms shattered the silence. Hutch heard Doctor Horanda's voice calling urgently as Kesh collapsed.

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:35 pm

::Arches one brow::
Fascinating.
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 pm

I may have killed Kesh. OOPS!

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Timofei Lerman wrote:I may have killed Kesh. OOPS!

You're not the first person to think that!
;)

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Wait, if the next session happens in two times at once, of Leah is resurrected in Joseph's time would she magically appear in the rest of the crew's time. Or will my character be able to join up with the others? Also, could my character affect the future?

Next

Return to U.S.S. Bremen