SCI Ensign Joseph Hitch

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Ensign

Re: Cadet SCI Joseph Hitch

Postby Timofei Lerman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:53 am

Log 5
I am currently on the mission of returning Kesh to her previous state, a living one. She has begun to take over the mind of Lieutenant Jameson, causing damage to her mind and creating confusion over whose memories belonged to whom, with them acting as a singular being and having their memories and idea all within one body. Jameson had said that this was all to wake up Kesh, but I believe that she misses her friend deeply and lets emotion cloud her judgement to her reported friendship with the subject. The Lieutenant has also apparently wished to see Harlan, possibly to remind Kesh and awaken the brain. But currently, I am working on bringing Kesh actually back to life. One of my ideas was to use Jameson, who has already formed a strong mental connection with the brain, as a vessel in order to sustain her mind while we upload it to the holo matrix. According to the reports I read the last time this was done there was a host for the brain which was a primary reason for the experiment's success. At the same time, sustaining the mind would be dangerous, as it would be active and unplugged from life support which would only give us a short period of time to work with. I shall give these reports to Commander Adalberto the next time I see them. As humans might say, "We got ourselves in a fine mess, we did"

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Log 6
The scans of Kesh's brain are complete, and now the only thing left to do is wait. I do feel that my part in this task as complete, seeing as now the only thing left to do is have Kesh's brain uploaded and then Medical will surely be able to come up with an idea on creating a new body for Kesh, but should the opportunity arise, I would be more than glad to continue with my efforts on this project. I do have several ideas on the matter of the Twissel colony, which I hope to present to Lieutenant sh'hruvek. First of all there is the matter of finding disturbances on the planet's surface, which I hope to accomplish by scannig the surface of a neutron star, and then cross-referencing these readings with those of Twissel in order to see if the energy bursts we hope to unleash from the star could be found on the planet, so that we could minimize the risk of actually performing this task, which could possibly destroy our ship and make the system uninhabitable, which could make the consequences for our captain even worse than they currently are now. At the same time, we could reverse engineer the Obliterator technology in order to try and reopen the gateway. I also received reports that the entire colony seemed to reappear, which indicates that the connection between the universes is fluctuating, which we could also try to exploit. Perhaps if we could extend the period of reappearance enough, then we could get them off-planet. Whatever happens. I am excited to be a part in this period of scientific discovery.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm thrilled to see you thinking this through in a Star Trekky way, Tim. Nice log.
There's some good ideas in there I think Chief sh'Hruvek would be happy to discuss. :)

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Log 7
Hmm, my situation is a strange one. Currently I am most likely in the sick bay, being injected with a combination of painkillers and medicine. I suffered severe burns to the chest while trying to redirect as much power as I could to the ship's shields. According to the information I picked up while I was in a semi-conscious state, which I infer isn't really reliable information, is that all of the power from both the shields and other systems was redirected to the warp drive. while saving our ship, this most likely shut down the majority of the ship's systems. Just another thing for me to fix when I'm back in a good enough physical condition. For now, I will try to work out the problem in my mind. Entering the mindscape while in severe pain is difficult, but it serves as a distraction, which I really do need right now. Now that I have been able to focus my thoughts, I see that the pain seems to have disrupted this place. While on previous ventures it has always been an endless ocean, one that I could easily create my constructs in and then send them deep into the waves, until the next time I needed to ponder on the subject. Now I see that the constructs seem to be rising out of the water of their own will, and they seem to be associated with some of the main events of my life. I believe this is my own way of reminiscing, just in case these moments are my last. But no matter, my mind needs to be organized in order to remain functional. I have some repairs to do, but at least it's something to keep busy with while the doctors are pumping me with who-knows-what.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:41 am

I imagine this is a very accurate representation of how a Vulcan's life flashes before his eyes.
Great idea, Tim!

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Log 8
Well, I saw it, I saw Twissel. While many people think that Vulcans are cold unfeeling robots, we are the farthest thing from it. For when I saw it, a true feeling of pride and happiness surged through me. You see, we block our emotions not because we despise them, but so we can focus them on moments where we truly need them, and we are so logical because we hope to improve and seek true knowledge within the wondrous, endless cosmos and those are the moments I have just mentioned, the ones of discovery. This was why I signed up in the first place, and after graduating Starfleet, this ship felt like the perfect home for some one with a wandering mind like my own. But I believe that one of my biggest reasons was the Separator, a side project that I have wanted to bring up with the crew, but any chance I got quickly went away due to a new problem. You see, I went to Starfleet not only to pursue my dream of joining up with a ship, but also to hopefully gain the knowledge in physics to assemble a dream project of mine that I have been brewing up. Yet there is the matter of Kesh at the moment, a problem which I already hopefully have a way of solving, only this time, sucessfully. Let's just hope the ship doesn't die a second time, yet knowing what has transpired, it probably will.

Ensign

Ensign SCI Joseph Hitch

Postby Timofei Lerman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:53 pm

My first official log as ensign above the Bremen. A lot has transpired, and I will recap it in the following log. Our ship, and many of the passengers above it, were severely damaged during one of the attempts at returning Noys-A to its former glory. After barely escaping with major damage done to the ship's power supply, I and several others took to exploring the ship and repairing anything that could be. I was also slightly hurt, and because of this was injected with a medication that stimulated my neurological centres into becoming more emotional, so one would say that I acted more human, yet I continue to be fascinated by the ordeal. After reaching the shuttle bay I explored the surrounding area, discovered that Twissel had returned and our experiment was a successful one. After that, I took part in an attempt to tow back the Bremen, which sadly ended up damaging the ship and the hull itself. That brings me to now, after we were towed by the other ship to a nearby station and awarded accordingly. Now, we have the aftermath to deal with. Kesh is currently in an unknown condition, and the matrix containing her needs further study. I will now continue to study it and research the Matrix's composition and all of its possible failsafes. This is Joseph Cameron Hitch, first in class in Physics but not computer science, signing off. Wish me luck, or whatever your species does in place of that. I prefer the firm handshake myself, but now I see I haven't stopped talking yet. End log.

Ensign

Re: SCI Ensign Joseph Hitch

Postby Timofei Lerman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 am

....End Log" says Hitch as he sits down in his comfortable recliner and sighs, excited to serve another day on the fantastical one of a a kind Bremen. Wait a minute what was he doing? He was not this emotional. Between this and the incident with the transporter he had been feeling incredibly strange recently, which would of course impact his effectivity as an ensign. This could possibly prove to be much worse than a side effect of his injury, he realized. And so Hitch decided to enter The Ocean once more.
There it was, like the last time he had been there, a mess of tinted glass sticking out from beneath the waves, representing an idea of his. Not only that, but these seemed to be even more random, seeing as the last ones were at least chronological, these seemed to be scattered around the ocean, some even changed as if sculpted by an invisible hand. But that could not be, for the only creature of influence within this mindscape was him. Unless of course... But, could that truly have been the reason, why? Being a scientist, the only good way to prove it would be with old fashioned experimentation. And, so he allowed himself to leave the Orb, which was what he had grown to call the skeletal avatar that he had embodied whenever he visited the Ocean, and joined with his true avatar, the Ocean itself. With control over its waters and the tinted glass surface below them, he parted the waves to reveal the full magnificence of the constructs below, all arranged in a seemingly random position, yet Hitch had his own theory on what they truly represented. And so, with full control over the glass constructs, he began to move them, and with some maneuvering he was able to arrange them in such a way do that they created a singular construct, which now stood in the centre of the parted ways, the artificial light glowing off of it. And now he knew what it was, a statue, one of a woman. One with straight hair, slightly wrinkled features, and a dagger in her hand. This was Kesh Suder.

After a brief period of analysis of the situation, Hitch decided that it was time to truly investigate this construct, and after rebuilding his body, only this time instead as a cylinder with tendril-like appendages sticking out of its sides, he entered. By a surprising coincidence this construct was formed in such a way so that the original passage ways and chambers all linked up perfectly, as se original constructs were designed with the intended purpose of becoming this. But one important question remained, where were the Terminals? After a brief period of exploration, he discovered them all in a chamber located around the top of the construct, within Kesh's head, and noticed how they were all synced up in such a way so that they formed an incredible contraption, one that seemingly was able to take the information of all the terminals and combine them into a single database that seamlessly allowed examination of all of the information. Now this Terminal was available for use, but what for? As the Avatar brought its tendril of a limb towards the Mega Terminal, it felt a shock of information wash over it, as Hitch felt himself becoming part of the information surge, he was able to suppress and examine it. And what he saw amazed him. It was information, information from different, random, some even insignificant at the time moments, that all were able to help strive towards a singular goal unlike any terminal he had ever created. Information on Mind Melds, Androids, Holo-decks, psychic power functionality, betazoid biology lectures, all sorts of information he had picked out over his life that he either forgot or never drew much attention to. It was as if his subconscious had fused with something that allowed it to find all of this data, arrange it in such a way so that I would immediately notice it, affect the structures in such ways so that I would notice they all join up. This was not my work, but the work of something that wished more than anything for Kesh to live. What Hitch began to realize as of that moment, is that his mind meld had apparently picked up small amounts of Kesh's personality and incorporated it into itself in order to keep it alive, and that small piece of her personality, as well as Kesh's desperation to live, had found its way into him, and worked together with his mind to orchestrate this grand plan, so that the personality would survive and find its way back to its original brain. Now realizing the reason for his emotional outbursts, Hitch decided that he would prefer having his mind all to himself, and now at unity with his mind once more, began to work once more on a way to bring her back, only this time, with new knowledge, knowledge that he himself once possessed and forgot he had. As the Vulcan scienctist's mind began to sift through the information and use the Mega Terminal's advanced functions to create a singular masterful plan to return Kesh to her own self, one that would surpass all of his previous ones, the eyes of the Statue began to glow, and if one found a way into Hitch's mind, he would notice how the statue now seemed to be deep in thought, but also with a smile on her face, ready to return home, for home is where the Brain is, on the Bremen.
Last edited by Timofei Lerman on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:14 am

Exciting to see what you and Aoibhe have planned together next :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Thank you. Sorry my character aggravated your character. Hopefully this will be a valid excuse.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen