Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Postby C. J. Short » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:09 pm

:eng99:
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 am

ahhhahaha

Come on, what's next??
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Kesh is still a hussy I see! :p

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:37 pm

All my current and previous characters disapprove! hahahahahahaha

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote:All my current and previous characters disapprove! hahahahahahaha

hahahaha.. and yet...

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Henry felt his blood surge, and he pulled Kesh close and lost himself to the feel of her lips, and the scent of her skin. Wish-fulfilment drove him on, despite the small voice in the back of his head saying this was a bad idea. Something external seemed to pull him along as well, and, before he had a chance to stop himself, he had Kesh on her back, his fingers tangled in her hair.

Yes. Her fingers started working impatiently on the fasteners to his tunic as her lips once again found his. Henry, yes...

Years of pent up frustration asserted themselves as her telepathy reached out to his mind suddenly and held on tight. The feeling was intense. A flood of sensation hit Henry at once. Images flashed through his mind unbidden; fighting tooth and nail against her in the Kraken's boxing ring; emotions running high as she yelled at him in her office; the constant back biting and undermining that constituted the vast majority of their early acquaintance... Each encounter exacerbated by an unspoken attraction that went completely unacknowledged for over a decade.

Now, her fingertips dug into his shoulders, pulling at the fabric that covered them. He sensed her impatience and buried his face in her neck, tasting her even as some small part of him begged him to stop. He wasn't good for Kesh. He was so unstable and mercurial that he believed he couldn't be depended on, and Kesh needed someone she could depend on.

But he wanted this. He had wanted it for a long time. It had in fact cost him his relationship with Alena to some degree.
Henry couldn't stop anyway. Something was pulling him along, his hands removing her clothing of their own accord, and not enough of him was willing to fight back. So he lost himself in Kesh. They could enjoy this night together, if nothing else.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:16 pm

:allears:

fascinating turn of events for those two! I like it!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Henry woke early the next morning after a fitful night's sleep. He'd had a long series of harrowing dreams, reliving memories that were not his own.
I'm sorry, Henry he heard Kesh say.

He saw her sitting on the edge of the bed, her bare back to him; it was criss-crossed with red marks.

I didn't think it would happen a second time. He furrowed his brow. It wasn't immediately clear what she was talking about, though he felt like he should know. She turned and looked down at him, his tousled hair, stubbled cheeks and warm eyes making her want him all over again.

"I really I should have guessed... new body and all... but..." that thought, she left lingering. It was only then Henry realized her earlier words hadn't been spoken.

"What?" Henry asked, still waking up.

"Close your eyes," she pressed. Waiting til he'd complied, she raised a finger to her own mouth and trailed her fingernail across her bottom lip. She watched Henry's mouth twitch. Then, her teeth parted and she bit down on the pad of the same finger. Henry winced and looked to his own finger.

Imzadi. Now that he was fully awake, he started to put it together. It explained a number of things: why he could hear her thoughts, why the previous night had been so intense, and, to a degree, why he hadn't been able to stop himself. He sat in stunned silence for a few moments, trying to process what all this meant.

He knew the basics. He and Kesh were now imprinted on each other. When they were close, he might be able to sense her thoughts, and feel what she felt. For a brief moment, he felt regret at the notion that Kesh would have to be connected to him. He did his best to banish the feeling, however, as it was likely she would sense it. Besides, he didn't regret all of it.
He shifted to a sitting position, moving directly behind her and wrapping her in a warm embrace. He missed this. He missed being close to a person, hearing their breath and feeling their skin.
"So. What do we do now?" he asked.

By way of an answer, she leant back against his chest, sighed softly and rested her hands on his arms. His reaction had been better than she had anticipated. Humans, when confronted with telepathy, she had found, had a tendency to get defensive. Though, she realised, she should have expected more from a man like Henry Sumner. He had always been exceptional like that.

She turned her face towards him, her attention immediately centring on his lips once more. The need she felt for him hadn't decreased in the slightest. The room was still, warm, comfortable and now didn't seem to be the right time to discuss the particulars of what had actually happened to them, how unpredictable inter-species bonds could be, or to quote long-term Imzadi statistics.
"I'm not sure..." she replied, finally. "This isn't how it usually happens... "

She twisted in his arms, leant in and kissed him. The urge to forget everything else, and to repeat last night's performance was dizzyingly strong. As the kiss deepened, she realised they were both indulging in similar thoughts.

Henry sighed softly against the kiss, though he made no move to break it, indulging in Kesh for another quiet moment. Some part of him still wanted to find something wrong with the arrangement. Perhaps it was too early for Kesh to be having any kind of physical relationship. But as she had noted, nothing about this situation was usual. This was a truly unique circumstance, and it was likely folly to try and peg it at all.

But you should know..., she said as she broke the kiss for a moment, "...that... while this telepathic bond is...um, permanent," she shifted in his arms, pressing closer, her hands trailing across the outlines of his exposed ink, "this... doesn't have to be."

"To hell with it," he muttered softly, his forehead resting against hers. "Let's just take it as it goes."

---

The chime on Tony's door had worked fine yesterday, she remembered. She'd dropped by to invite him on a run.
She pressed the small pad again and stepped back. She could have sworn she heard the chime sound in his quarters.
A third try and still no reply. Instead, she resorted to less sophisticated means.

“Tony!” she banged on the door. “C'mon...!”

She stepped back and stared at the door. He hadn't been in the messhall, on the holodeck, or the gym. There was literally nowhere else he would be. “Tony, c'mon, I need to talk to someone!”

An understatement..., she mused.
It was all very strange. After her night with Henry she felt an need to come talk to Tony, her friend. Perhaps this was what happened when one didn't hide every last emotion away, she thought. Suddenly it was impossible to hide anything at all.

“I swear to Rixx, Tony, if you're hiding...”
She folded her arms and sighed, determined to try again. “Computer, where is Tony Adalberto?”
“Unknown.”
“Where did he go?”
“Unknown”
“When was his last recorded presence on the station?”
“Unknown”
“Computer... who is Tony Adalberto?”
“Un-”
“Unknown, right...” Kesh looked at the closed doors to Tony's quarters with concern. He wouldn't just... disappear... without telling her, without saying goodbye, right?
Kesh frowned, her mood deteriorating rapidly once more. “Time to speak to Dremel.”

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Bremen