Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:59 am

When you guys write together, boy do you WRITE!
The tone in this was fantastic, guys. You really feel the history in every line.

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 am

It's got my vote for log of the month, that's for sure.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Starfleet Intelligence.
Selma II Medical Research Facility.
Project Sirrus

Top Secret.

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B02

Interviewer: “This is my first interview with subject 397-36...She has been conscious and stable now for a total of nine days, seven hours. Please state your name and rank for the record.”

Subject 397-36: “Do I... um. Do I get to keep my name? I'm not sure I know how this is going to work. How will anyone explain where I came from...?”

Interviewer: “Please answer the question as thoroughly as you can.”

Subject 397-36:“OK, but...”

Interviewer: “Please state your name and rank for the record.”

Subject 397-36: “... I'm... Kesh Suder, formerly of the Seleya, the, um... Q'lb, the Kraken, Hooke, Belligerent... I was a Captain when I... when the explosion happened.”

Interviewer: “Do you have memories of those ships?”

Subject 397-36:“No.”

Interviewer: “How do you know you were stationed on those vessels?”

Subject 397-36: “I don't feel like I was there. I don't have any direct emotions tied any particular ship, or the time I spent on them. It's hard to describe... It's like... remember those biographies they made every first year cadet memorise? Like that. Like I read all about Captain Suder for an exam.”

“How does that make you feel?”

“Empty.”

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:26 pm

:ghost:
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 am

first of all. Sneaky! Love that

Second, chills.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:37 am

Part 2

“I'm younger...” the hologram observed with some dissatisfaction, her voice cutting through the heavy silence.

Kymar nodded wearily, not looking up at her. The DNA they had retrieved to produce this medical marvel had been an old, preserved sample held in Intel's vaults. “That was always a possibility.”
“My memory is of an older body, Kymar,” she explained flatly, “This will cause substantial cognitive dissonance that may hinder my progression to an organic form.”

“You'll manage. Just...” he looked over at her finally, the console beneath his fingers flashing its lights for no-one, “...think of it as a second chance at your 20's...”
“I did not enjoy them the first time.” The hologram moved closer to the tank in which her new body was maturing.
“Second time lucky, then,” Kymar yawned. “Alright... “ he tapped at the console lightly. “This is the final system run through, Kesh.” He rolled his chair back to give her space. “You do the honours...”

The hologram retreated from her examination of the body floating in the tank. She advanced silently to Kymar's side, extended a life-like hand and tapped the activation button.
The body tensed suddenly, curled into a foetal position then relaxed, the liquid around it swirling in the sudden movement. Its fingers twitched erratically. The effect was eerie.

Kymar stood, chanced a smile at his humourless companion. “One week will see her nervous system active, then we'll get you into your new home.”
“It is too young.”
“In a week it'll be a whole week older.”

Starfleet Intelligence.
Selma II Medical Research Facility.
Project Sirrus.

Top Secret.

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B10

Subject 397-36: <sobs>

Interviewer: Why are you crying? What are you feeling right now?

Subject 397-36: I don't know! I'm <words obscured by emotional outburst>

Interviewer: Please remain calm. Try to breathe.

Subject 397-36: This body isn't mine! I don't know who the hell I am, and you want me to calm down?! <words obscured by sound of crashing glass> -k you!

Interviewer: Orderly, please sedate her.

Subject 397-36: No... no no!

<silence>

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:00 pm

yes yes, now continue!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:18 pm

With Einar as Tony Adalberto.

The body floated inert in the tank. Its oxygen, nutrition, electrical impulses all provided through a series of implants dotted along its limbs and torso. Strategically placed bands of black cloth held medical implants in place. They also served the purpose of avoiding headaches later;
Kesh had never been one who approved of public displays of nudity, despite her betazoid upbringing. This way, she'd have less to yell about later.

Tony watched the body as it hung, suspended in its container.
"It's an incredible achievement, isn't it?", a voice interrupted from behind him in the gloom.
Tony glanced up from the diagnostic he was running, the man was wearing a yellow jumpsuit. Finally someone he could talk to.

“Yeah….I’d just love to see the man who made it happen” Tony said grinning as he stood up and extended his hand “Though a bit macabre”.
The man laughed softly. "Philip Camden," he said by way of greeting, taking Tony's hand, his eyes on the body in the tank the whole time. "Macabre," he said, "or near miraculous?"

“Macabre, definitely macabre… Tell me Philip Camden, who approved this incredibly illegal…replication?” Tony said as he let go of the man’s hand and turned back to face the tank. It was weird watching her like that. An empty vessel, nothing but a living machine without an operating software. Tabula rasa. “This operation is illegal in most of the two quadrants.”

Camden hefted his shoulder bag onto the ground and hunkered down to open it. "Illegal is such a relative term when you're working for Intel, I find," he offered, dipping his hand into the bag and pulling out a tricorder. "There is no torture going on here, just a little...science experiment... no mind probing, no false imprisonment... none of the things she apparently did in her time."

He straightened with a groan, walked up to the tank and tapped it.
The body twitched gently.

Tony jumped back as it happened, his face pale. "Gods man! What the hell?"
"What?" Camden asked, half turning, "it's not like she'll remember," he stared up at the body once more, its limbs now swaying gently in the agitated water, its bald head nodding from side to side slowly..

---

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B19

Interviewer: Are you going to remain calm this time?

Subject 397-36: Yes.

Interviewer: Then, tell me how do you feel about the lengths your companions have gone to to ensure your resurrection.

<silence>

Subject 397-36: Don't call it that.

Interviewer: What?

Subject 397-36: A... resurrection.

Interviewer: But that is what has essentially happened. You died, and now you live. But any definition, this facility has seen to your resurrection.

Subject 397-36: Don't call it that!

Interviewer: Do you find the term inaccurate?

Subject 397-36: No... just... uncomfortable.

---

"Just imagine, if we're capable of bringing a morally bankrupt piece of crap like her back to life, we could do the same with anyone." Camden rested a hand possessively on the transparent aluminium, wiping at its slight sheen of condensation. "Imagine the improvements you could make too. Improved speed, healing, stronger telepathy..."

He stared at Kesh long and hard, then turned fully to Tony and flinched as Tony's face appeared inches from his.

"That's my friend you're talking about there buddy. And if you have any plans to stay on this project then you better change your tune". He was furious as he stared at the engineer.

Camden remained silent and placid as he observed the Italian. "That..." he said, tapping the tank again, lighter this time, "is a mass of organic material, with no more sentience than a good, old-fashioned replicated steak. Your 'friend' is a series of ones and zeros who can't even conjure up a convincing lie. Have you had the chance to ask her any questions yet? Some of us have, and I can tell you, she is brutally honest, now." He slid past Tony and opened his tricorder, scanning the control unit to the side of the tank. "You should hear some of the things she's said about your friend, the tattooed guy... “ he chuckled to himself” ...What she does represent however, is great potential. It's no loss if we fail here, but if we succeed..."

“It would be a loss for me” Tony growled as his gaze followed the man. “I didn’t do all this to fail.”

"No-one sets out to fail," Camden replied, his attention on his readings, "and all the work you, and the other new guys are doing is top notch, really super stuff," he continued, his tone patronising, "the boys in the lab are fascinated by this entire process you've cooked up, but that doesn't mean we're not still running a poll on when it'll all turn into one, gigantic failure." He laughed. "My credits are on her just about making it out of this tank. Some folks don't think she'll even survive that long." He snapped his tricorder closed, tapped the tank again, watched the body within respond. "Good reflexes."

Tony tapped the man on the shoulder gently to get his attention before smacking him straight on the jaw, sending the man sprawling.
“Good reflexes”

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Such a satisfying punch...
And such suspense, oh!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:31 pm

.....are you planning on breaking Anya?
Wonder what her honesty will be like bout her!

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen