Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: Captain Kesh Suder, deceased

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote:.....are you planning on breaking Anya?
Wonder what her honesty will be like bout her!

Not "planning" per se... it's just a pleasant side-effect. :P

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B27

Interviewer: What is your earliest personal memory?

Subject 397-36: I remember waking up.

Interview: ...and?

Subject 397-36: I wish I hadn't.

---

She opened her mouth to scream, pure terror overwhelming her.

No sound emerged. Somehow that made it worse.

She tried again, her ragged breath and rasping wail drowning out the chaos surrounding her for a brief moment. Blinding light; Booming noises; A million pin pricks on her skin; Strong, intoxicating emotions bombarding her mind at every angle... it was hellish! The pain was immeasurable.

What had happened? What had gone wrong?!

Moments earlier she had been observing the procedure; watching placidly as Tony connected the body's bald cranium to a series of small devises. The head looked, she noticed, like a Vulcan puzzle game when he had finished, the various, oddly shaped objects meshing into one hemisphere encompassing her crown.

At her side, Henry stood in silence, his face tense, his manner terse even for him.

Kymar stood at the body's side. He had been uncompromising when she had sugested she assist in the transfer. Despite her assertions that she was perfectly capable of helping, and that her emotionless state would be - if anything - an advantage, he was adamant.
Kesh suspected his deep-seated distaste for what he was doing was at play, so she acquiesced, and contended herself as an observer.

She curled her body up on the biobed, her palms reflexively covering her ears, her arms trying to fend off the thoughts and feelings of the people surrounding her as they flooded into her defenceless mind. She groaned something in a language none of them understood.

A hand touched her shoulder in comfort. It felt like a stab wound. She rasped in fear and pain and pulled blindly away.

Seconds later, everything went black as Kymar managed to sedate her.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:55 pm

I am loving this....you with these logs and CJ with his. I am so spoiled.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Einar S wrote:I am loving this....you with these logs and CJ with his. I am so spoiled.

:)
We like to keep you entertained.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B32

Interviewer: What about your relationships with Kymar, Adalberto and Sumner?

Subject 397-36: ...what do you mean?

Interviewer: You knew them before your death, you are interacting with them again now... do you find any differences in how you perceive them?

- A pause.
Subject 397-36: I um...
- Another pause.

Interviewer: Let's start with Doctor Kymar. You and he shared many experiences in your past life. How do you feel about him now?”

Subject 397-36: ...I don't know.

Interviewer: Can you elaborate?

Subject 397-36: No... yes... I guess... it's hard to say. I don't see him much.

Interviewer: Oh?

Subject 397-36: We were close before. I trusted him, he trusted me, too. We had a, um... mutual admiration, I suppose. We'd both been through the fire, you know... war horses... We'd suffered alongside each other; a kidnapping, numerous attacks, emergency surgery on the front lines... I would have thought he'd be my rock now... but...

Interviewer: But?

Subject 397-36: It's difficult to say, I haven't got a handle on my telepathy yet, but it feels like he's struggling with what he's done. He's been playing god, and for a religious man... I can't be a welcome reminder of the laws he's intentionally broken, or the oaths he's chosen to ignore. Discovering you're not as moral and principled as you thought you were isn't easy to process.

Interviewer: And Tony Adalberto?

Subject 397-36: Despite everything... I still trust him.

Interviewer: Oh? Why's that?

Subject 397-36: It's not the reason you think.

Interviewer: What do I think?

Subject 397-36: ...Never mind.

Interviewer: When you were a hologramme, you explained that you and he shared an attraction, but that you were mutually unwilling to explore it.

Subject 397-36: I said what?!

Interviewer: Our conversation is on file, if you wish to view it. You had some strong opinions about Sumner, too, in fact.

Subject 397-36: No... no no, that's fine. I believe you...

- a pause.

Subject 397-36: I had a big mouth as a hologramme, huh?

Interviewer: An uninhibited mind can be quite... enlightening. Why do you trust Adalberto still?

Subject 397-36: He's honest, you know? His emotions have always guided his decisions. I've always appreciated that about him.

---

FIVE

"She's been somewhat of a challenge this morning," Nurse Jae-yung said, as they turned the last corner and entered Sickbay. The room was in a state of disarray.

Tony spotted globs of food, splatted on several walls, as well as various sauces staining the carpet and equipment. Tony instantly knew where to look to find Kesh. At the epicentre of the chaos sat the woman, perched on a biobed in a simple, teal bodysuit, looking decidedly on edge. Her hair had begun to grow, and now fell in dishevelled blond locks over her eyes.
Jae-yung glanced over at her co-workers. "Her aim is improving, at any rate..." she commented, on seeing an orderly with a bright green blotch on his formerly pristine, white uniform.

Tony grinned as he saw her. She looked beautiful, like nothing had changed since they were both much younger. And less complicated. “You look like shit!” he said loudly as he stalked over to her biobed and jumped up to sit on the bed with her.

She shifted on the bed in a flurry to make room for her sudden, unexpected guest. Eyeing the rest of Sickbay's staff, warning them with a look not to try anything while she was distracted, she then began a slow examination of Tony's face, her black eyes raking over his every feature. After a few moments, her body language changed and she relaxed a little.

“Hey Grumpy” he said gently with a warm smile. “Remember me?”
Her brow furrowed as she struggled to make sense of his words. She bit her lip as she focussed past the fog that still obscured much of her understanding. She nodded once and attempted a smile. Their friendship had ended mere hours before her life had. It seemed fitting that it should be renewed now.

He smiled with relief and reached out and placed his hand on hers. She took comfort from the warmth of his hand. “Remember our last conversation, when you melded with Anya?”

She thought she remembered, but the words to express this were difficult to find. She nodded a little, then in some confusion, shook her head. Biting her lip again, she closed her eyes and concentrated on making sense. Her first attempt to speak was barely audible. Tony leant in. “It's all... a dream” she managed, finally.

Tony smiled gently, squeezing her hand “Nah Kesh, it’s worse. It’s life.”
She huffed at him, and on an impulse, leant lightly against his side. The physical contact felt good to her.

He smiled and for a moment he felt like breaking down right there and then, fighting to control his own emotions as he reached with his arm around her back and held her close “Kesh, I can’t imagine what this feels like for you. But you’re back and surrounded by friends….and we’re here for you. Okay?”
She nodded once, her body relaxing into his arm. She looked up at his face, noting his pained expression. He had lines around his eyes she hadn't remembered, and a grey hair or two on his stubbled cheeks, too. She reached up and touched his face. It felt rough

It was weird – ever since Antonia’s passing Tony had shied away from the world and people, afraid to let anyone get close again. But at this moment it felt…it made him feel sad. Sad that he was happy his friend was there again, sad to be happy. “I hear the green stuff is good. What do you say, wanna share a bite?”

She dropped her hand and looked at him sceptically, her expression shifting to worry in short order. She shook her head, No. Not the green stuff, or the brown stuff, or that hideous bowl of red stuff. Nutritional supplements, all mashed up and spoon fed to her like she was an infant!

“Okay okay relax…..what would you like to eat?” he asked calmly.
She had no idea. Her memory was still so fragmented that detail was hard to grasp. She sighed with frustration and shrugged against his side before looking up at him, overwhelmed. She held his gaze, her black eyes communicating more than her lips were capable of. I'm scared.
She knew it was stupid to be terrified of something as fundamental as eating, but it was new, and alien to her again.

Tony tightened his hug “I have just the thing”. He waved over an orderly “a bowl of utta berries... lightly sweetened”. He looked back down at Kesh “Trust me. You love these

Half an hour later, and after a few gaspingm choking mis-steps, Kesh had started to get the hang of chewing up and swallowing the small, sweet berries, one by one. She smiled over at Tony, feeling thankful and safe with him. After all, despite everything, she trusted him.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Lovely :)

Poor Kesh. This all had to be the biggest mind fuck.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:21 pm

That's one word for it, all right!

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Transcript excerpt 397-36-B33

Interviewer: And what about Henry Sumner...?

Subject 397-36: What do you mean?

Interviewer: Your relationship with him, how would you categorise it?

Subject 397-36: In, um... what way?

Interviewer: Has it changed?

Subject 397-36: ...Yes.

Interviewer: Can you elaborate?

Subject 397-36: Do I have to?

Interviewer: It would be helpful...

Subject 397-36: It's different.

Interviewer: Can you explain how?

Subject 397-36: well... I've known Henry the longest, you know. We met long before we were both assigned to the Kraken, where I met the others... so Henry and I have history. It complicates everything.

Interviewer: In what way?

Subject 397-36: Well... I guess you have records of all of this, right?

Interviewer: Yes.

Subject 397-36: And you still need me to talk about it?

Interviewer: Yes.

Subject 397-36: We were both working for Intel, assigned to a mission together. I didn't know him at all at the time, wasn't even meant to meet him. He was in Logistical Support, I think... I was tasked with ingratiating myself to a lower-level member of the Orion Syndicate who, our intelligence had told us, was on his way up. Get in while they're minnows, latch on when they're sharks, you know?

Anyway, all was going well til my telepathic contact, a woman named Iona, was discovered.
We had trained for months to establish a strong, complete connection between our minds, you see. That takes a lot of time and effort... it's draining... but it's effective. She sees what I see, she hears what I hear. She can relay data to me as easy as thinking it...

Of course, when she was found, I also felt everything she felt. When they slit her throat... I couldn't hide my reaction.

- a pause.

Subject 397-36: At the time, I hated Henry for what he did next. I thought, maybe I could restore my cover, explain away my reaction... when Henry barged into the building, grabbed me and ran, I knew all those months of hard work, all the danger we'd faced getting me here, were all going up on smoke... I was furious. When we parted ways I had convinced myself he was the most reactionary, stubborn man I'd ever met. I wanted nothing to do with him.

Interviewer: So, when you were stationed on the Kraken with him...?

Subject 397-36: Instant bad relationship. He was so... smug... so self-assured. He was good-looking, and strong, and confident. The female crew, by and large, had a crush on him... I was obsessed with keeping him in line and took every chance I could to pull him down a notch or two.

Interviewer: And now...?

Subject 397-36: Now...”

- a pause

Subject 397-36: Now... My... reactions are so different now, it's tough to tell.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:40 pm

just got around to reading this bit! Love it :) keep it coming!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes! Tell us more about my character :allears:
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen