Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto, AWOL

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11603.10

Postby Einar S » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Tony sighed and moved to sit down on a small container. "So... you're my kid huh..."
"I... yea, seems so." She looked out towards Main Engineering "Mom said I was conceived here, right before the disappearance. I've always wondered where."
Tony's eyes went wide with realization. "Nia's pregnant?...wait how does this surprise me?" he facepalmed and ran his hands through his hair.
"Time travel. It's a pain in the arse," she sympathized. "I wouldn't exist if Mom wasn't already pregnant right this second."
"Okay... one thing at a time, we see the Doc and after he's confirmed your claims, we look into your plan."
"OK," Dad. She looked away from him, tugged nervously at her ill fitted jacket and waited for his lead.

---

<Antonia> CEO: Well... I can fix stuff. I mean, I did pilot our ship for a few years after Mom d-... ::looks panicked:: CEO: I can fix things... but I don't, y'know.. I rather just fly...

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::smiles:: Antonia: Like your mom.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::turns to face her:: Antonia: If I fix this...you....you're still, you know? you still exist ?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::walks over to the biobed where she sits, taking a step closer and studying her face::

<Antonia> ::relaxes, thought she let the cat out of the bag there.:: CEO: Well, I do exist. I exist right now. ::thinks:: CEO: So.. whatever happens, I'm back on the Hyperion with Mom. Right?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::reaches out to touch her, but quickly pulls his hand back::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: Yes....and if this works out, you won't have a childhood like the one you described....I promise.

<Antonia> ::anticipates the touch, then looks disappointed when he changes his mind:: CEO: Yea... ::smiles sadly:: CEO: That'd be good.

---

OPS had sent him the transmissions hours earlier, but he knew what it would say….and he was still hurting. He bit into the sandwich and smiled. He hadn’t eaten all day, and for once no one was yelling at him…..they had made it, and he would get to see Nia soon….a pregnant Nia….he glanced back at the PADD, then grabbed the device and accessed the recording.

The screen crackled with digital static, warped and eventually coalesced into an image. Antonia was looking directly out of the screen. "- don't have long..." she spoke urgently, her words garbled and masked in waves of interference. She looked behind her, back down at the console below the camera's view and tapped a few buttons. "Tony..." she glanced up out of Tony's screen once more, "Dad... I'm sorry about what I did. It was the only way I could think of to get you back to Mom. That is more important right now than anything. I -" the static grew in strength. She spoke on anyway, her lips moving without sound, "-to be together. And I need you to promise me something..."

Distant shouts could be heard over the PADD's small speakers. Antonia physically flinched, but she stayed where she was, fear in her young, green eyes. "You have to convince Mom to give me away. Find a nice fam-..." her lips moved as her eyes filled with tears "... -one who can't have kids, maybe, I dunno... I just know Mom isn't ready. I know that first hand, Dad. I love her, OK? And show her this... I love her more than I can say. I know her and I love her so much that I know this is the right decision. She's not ready, and it's not fair on either of us."
Shots rang out and Tony flinched, his heart racing.

"I have to go..." she punched a few controls, ducked and returned fire with the phaser she'd beamed over with. "Look me up when I'm older! Tell me about this!" The recording continued for a few seconds more, phaser fire and static filling the screen from several directions before cutting off.
The silence that followed was heavy.

Tony just sat there in silence staring at the bulkhead, his appetite long gone. Meeting his daughter, and losing her…could he lose her again?

---

Tony chuckled as he stared at her form, his eyes on her growing midsection “You look amazing….I wish I could be there, always.”
Niamh curtsied a little, her smile broadening and her hand resting lightly on the slight curve in her belly. "We wish you were here too, Tony." She felt her cheeks blushing. "You know, I hadn't ever wanted this for myself... But I'm getting to like the idea." She sat down in the chair she'd pulled over with her. "We should really figure out how we're gonna work this, with me here, and you there. Doesn't seem fair on the poor peanut."
“We have time” he said grinning, his eyes barely leaving her stomach. “We’ll figure this out. People have been doing this for millennia”
Niamh smirked. "Not in space they haven't. But, you're right. We'll figure it out." She watched him stare, content to let him ogle, happy to know he was pleased with this whole situation. "If worst comes to worst, I can handle being planetside for a few years."
“My parents own this beautiful cottage in the countryside… I loved being there as a kid.”
"Maybe there, then. If it's not too hot. Beats any of the stations I grew up on, that's for sure." She reached out reflexively to take his hand, needing him close, but felt nothing as her fingers trailed right through the projection. "Oh, right... Not really here...damn."
Tony smiled sadly and raised his hand closer to hers “next time we’ll do this over the holodeck”
"Next time, we do this in person."
"That's what got us into this whole mess in the first place, remember?"

---

Tony reached over, placing his arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer. She leaned against him with an inaudible sigh as he continued speaking. “Who knows how much time we have when Antonia’s born… I just want the two of you close by” he said smiling, then kissed her cheek. “I’m not leaving you two.”
"Then let's talk about Earth. Cause I'm not gonna lie, Tony. I need you closer for this and that damn planet seems like our best option." She rested the glass on a side table and looked at him. "I can't do this on my own."
“I know, and I already contacted my old professor at the Academy, they might have an opening for me again. I could finally get back to teaching for a few years”
She embraced him, burying her face in his neck. "I'll talk to Roj' when I get back, request a transfer planetside immediately. Antonia should be born somewhere she can call home."

---

He pressed play and leaned back, starting work on the next bolt.

"Tony... " Niamh started, sobbed, and pushed on. "I need to tell you something..."

And his world collapsed.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Re: CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:11 am

Ooof, my heart.

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11603.31

Postby Einar S » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

“Who did what now?” He bellowed furiously as he rose from his chair, his office a mess of PADDs and coffee mugs strewn about. “Who the hell is Hitch? Is he one if mine?”

Mac took a step back as the desk shifted, clutched the collection of sundry objects she'd been carrying, and looked at him worryingly. “No Boss….he’s one of Raq’s people, newly minted…..”

Tony held out the report she had brought him, a whole turbolift car out of order and needing replacing because of some jackass he had never even heard of. “Mackenzie…..how the HELL did you allow this to happen? Where did he requisition the materials and tools to build a battery and who gave him permission to interfere with my department!”

Mac took a step closer, looking hurt “Boss… the Captain offered you leave, are you sure you should be on duty? I can take care of the repairs-“

“I’m going to kick his ass!"
"He was probably just trying to impress someone, you know how these new cadets are sometimes. Let Lieutenant sh'Hruvek take care of it, OK? He's in her department."

“She can’t handle her own people, someone has to! Mac, the kid violated about 12 safety codes and procedures and now I have to clean up his mess and it’s not like my department is abundant with skilled engineers at the moment! Someone should give him a proper beating”

Mac gaped at him, fighting back a combination of fear and concern that did nothing for the rising flush to her cheeks. "See, this whole... thing... you're doing right now...?" she said with uncharacteristic firmness, "...this is why you need to step away from the desk, Tony. Threatening to beat up an Ensign. I don't care where you go, boss, but this kind of... er, outburst isn't appropriate in Engineering." She made a conscious decision to stand up straight, hoping her posture would add weight to her words.

Tony just stared her down, his fists clenched. “Sometimes I wish Henry was still around, he’d encourage me. Even join in” he moved backward and sat down unceremoniously, dragging his hands over his face. “I’m putting him on report then, I don’t care if he’s one of Raq’s”

"Let her know first, though, maybe? Professional courtesy?" Mac knew when to cut her losses with Adalberto. If he was invoking the name of the hot head, Henry, she knew he was determined to make his displeasure known. "Then rest?"
“I’m still acting Exoh whether I like it or not, meaning personnel are within my remit. If Raq can’t handle her people, perhaps she should share the blame for what happened”.

"We both know you don't mean that. We like the Lieutenant."

Tony scratched at the stubble on his face and stared up at Mac, not so silently judging him. “And I can’t rest. There is no rest, don’t you get that?”

"We both know you don't mean that either, not really. We're docked, have the entire station happy to lend us whatever we need. Hell," she accidentally snorted as she laughed, "we've so many workbees buzzing around out there you'd think we were a pot of jam. M-maybe taking leave would..." she looked at him, her heart breaking for his misery.
"Maybe seeing Commander Danann would help." She fiddled with a small box she had been balancing on top of a bundle of PADDs.
“You’d think that, but instead of taking leave she is back out there, doing her job…..I won’t be able to see her for weeks, months! So I can’t rest either, Mackenzie…..because resting is easy, this isn’t easy….this is….” He seemed to lose his train of thought a moment before slamming his hand into the pile of PADDs, sending them crashing to the floor making Mac jump and drop the box. “There’s bloody work to be done, and I am not leaving it to the grease monkeys on this station. I am this ship’s CEO.”

Mac felt her stomach drop as she realised there was nothing for it but to be insubordinately firm with him. "No, boss, I don't think you are CEO at the moment. Well, in name, you are, but since you heard the news, I have been doing your job and mine. You've been getting in the way, upsetting your people and countermanding my instructions since we reached the station. We're behind on a million fixits because of your badly-timed supervision, or your total lack of attention and I can't tell if I'm meant to be giving orders or waiting for you to step up."
She felt herself break out in a sweat as colour rose to her cheeks. "I want... no," she paused, rethinking her words and waggling a half-hearted finger at him, "...I expect you to go to the doctor, get something to help you sleep, and then... actually go to sleep. I can't order you, and I'm not going to report your current mental state to the Captain - though gods know, I probably should - but if you don't do what I'm telling you I'll... I'll... I'll be extremely disappointed."

“Yeah? You want to be Chief? You can have it… I’m done. I quit….” He stood up and removed his commbadge in a fit of anger and tossed it at her. “Good luck”.
Mac felt the badge strike her shoulder before she had time to process what had just happened. "No!" she called after him helplessly. "No! I don't want to be CEO! I want you to be!" she called as he stormed out of the office. "I just... want to help you," she added quietly as her shoulders slumped in despair. "I want my friend back," she said, opening the small box in her hand and looking at the medals she had accepted on Tony's behalf hours earlier.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:59 am

Hitch had better not cross Tony's path anytime soon :p

Poor guy, and poor Mac!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:08 pm

My character was having stranger problems with his emotions lately. His mind has been a mess. He can't think straight. He has also been experiencing hallucinations.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Timofei Lerman wrote:My character was having stranger problems with his emotions lately. His mind has been a mess. He can't think straight. He has also been experiencing hallucinations.

That's some interesting character development, Tim. Why not write that into a log for Hitch, so we can learn more about it?

Ensign

Postby Timofei Lerman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:22 pm

A second log for the week? Sounds good! This one will be more inner workings of Hitch than professional log.

Commander

CEO Cmdr Anthony Adalberto 11604.14

Postby Einar S » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:45 pm

With Aoibhe as Keshir Suder

Tony stepped into the holodeck and went straight for the access panel, circumventing the security to hide his login. “Computer, Activate Lorriana Matrix”. He had to move fast before Mac or someone caught up with him, but if he was leaving he needed to make sure.

The lights dimmed as the holomatrix disrupted the air infront of him and slowly the form of Keshir appeared before him, her eyes lifeless and dull, her body softer and curvier than before. This was probably the first startup since the catastrophe that had left the ship in pieces, and maybe distorted the matrix before it compiled. Maybe.

He held his breath, waiting for some show of consciousness, some flicker of recognition. Something. But as a minute passed and she just stood there, his hope all but vanished.

“Lieutenant Commander Anthony Adalberto. Chief Engineer, U.S.S Bremen. Human. Male, Age 35”

Tony jerked as the voice cut through his reverie and he felt cold sweat run down the back of his head. “Kesh?”
"Captain Kesh Suder, Physician, Commanding Officer, USS Beligerent. Betazoid Human hybrid. Female," the holoimage responded, its attention fixed at a spot over Tony's head.
Tony blinked in surprise and took a step closer, clicking his fingers to access the holographic controls and adjusted her activation protocols “Commander actually….well, former I guess. Kesh…are you self aware?” He silently added please.
She shifted her attention as he moved, her dark eyes fixing on his with a vice like coldness. "I remember," she replied, tilting her head to the side.

"We'll that doesn't bode well for me does it?" He said as he flicked his wrist, removing the holographic display. "How do you feel? Do you know what happened to you?"

"That question has many different possible answers, Commander. Are you referring to my conversation with you while I was in contact with Anya, or during my meld with that Vulcan, or the firefight on the Belligerent in which I was gravely injured, or our last conversation in which you insulted me and ended our friendship, or one of several classified missions, or the fact that you slept with my alternate universe counterpart while I was in close enough a proximity to be aware of it as it happened?"
She blinked, tilted her head the other direction and thought. "Or perhaps you are referring to the time we flirted while you fixed my shower, or that one time you threw a tricorder at my face, breaking my nose?
"To be fair it was dark under all that rubble...Didn't mean to hit your nose. You look well Kesh...I came to say goodbye"
Kesh stared unblinking into his eyes for some time before saying anything further.
When she did, her voice remained flat and featureless, her expression uncharacteristically calm. "You are not known for engaging in redundant activity, Tony," she remarked.
"We already said goodbye, you remember. I offered you a gesture of friendship, and instead of accepting it, you chose to remind me how friendless I had become. Are you here to do that again?"
"No." He said as he took a step closer to examine his friend. "I'm here to make sure you are alright before I go. Because I might not return."

"Your... concern is unnecessary now. I would have welcomed such a visit as this after doctor Kymar and I were rescued, when I needed comfort, but instead, you directed your attention to her, my alternate. I wonder why you did that."
Tony ran a hand through his hair, reliving those moments they had shared, or not shared. Back in a different life. “I’m sorry I didn’t do a better job….it was a hail Mary, this….” He pointed at her “construct, but now I see that I failed….you’re just a program. I’m sorry”
"I'm not," she replied suddenly. "I remember, I know... I just... don't feel, not like I remember doing. But... I'm here."
He felt like crying, the relief flooding over him as he stared at the, slightly overweight Kesh, his mouth gaping but finally he managed a smile. “Then we don’t have much time….I uploaded in your matrix a hidden partition detailing how Starfleet’s matter creation is possible, details on bypassing systems….there is a lot of hardware issues you can’t do on your own, but I already made the changes to the Bremen. The Cargo bay transporter has been set on bypass… Kesh, if you want you can come back. Like you were. But me and Cix will be persecuted if you do this and they trace it back.” He took a deep breath and adjusted his hair. “I’m leaving, and you won’t remember me either. But hopefully you’ll find the partition one day”
"Hypocratic oath, I swear to do no harm... I won't hurt you or Cix, Tony. I want to remember this..." She stepped one step forward, her face inches from him. He knew it was all in his head, but he could have sworn he felt her breath on his skin. "You will remember this. I deserve to too. And I deserve an explanation. I don't think you realize how I suffered when you choose Taemin. You can't have. You're not that callous."
Tony had sidestepped the question too many times, not because he was afraid….but because he knew no answer. “Perhaps I am.”
Kesh stared blankly at him, her expression unreadable as she processed his words. "No, that is inaccurate," she said eventually. "I have no doubt, Tony, that you are aware of your physical attractiveness. You are a handsome man, and I am sure you know that I noticed that from the beginning. I was incapable of expressing this before, but perhaps it will help explain my anger..." She paused, ruminating over her words. "I found your mind to be... intriguing, a puzzle worth my time. You create order wherever you go, and yet your mind is chaotic. That was fascinating to me."
Tony shrugged casually, “I never said I was a complex man”

She blinked. "I never desired more from you than friendship. However, it was... enjoyable... to entertain the notion of more than that." She tilted her head in silent contemplation. "I had a very strong telepathic connection with... her. It was not surprising; we are the same person... however it was a wholly unwelcome connection. It became even more so when you grew... close... to her. That night, I was aware of everything she experienced, Tony. Every touch, every word spoken, every emotion." Kesh paused, giving him time to absorb this information. "She manipulated you, she tortured me, and she destroyed a growing friendship simply because she could. And to hear you defend her repeatedly thereafter hurt my pride and my feelings deeply."
“You know I’ve had this conversation with you before…..multiple times. This is the only time you actually answer back” he said gently and leaned his shoulder against the bulkhead, crossing his arms. “You never wanted more than friendship, neither did I ask for more. But the thing is Kesh…..she needed help and that had nothing to do with you”
"She... kidnapped me, impersonated me, and used my... authority to highjack my ship. It had... everything to do with me. I needed help." She remained straight-backed, her posture text book perfect as she observed his body language, her words her own but entirely devoid of inflection or emotion. "She... needed an escape route. I am... presently unclear what you needed. However, at the time, I was certain you were using her to satisfy a latent curiosity." She blinked, turned her body to face him. "If that is the case, I assure you we are very different."
“I never slept with her you self-obsessed princess!” he snapped back, his stoic demeanor falling away. “Damnit..you know I actually thought this would go differently this time around.” He pushed himself off the bulkhead and stared at her, his arms still crossed over his chest. “What she did to you was wrong, but I knew she did it out of necessity. She needed help and I was the only one willing…..you know why? You want to know why?” he asked as she just stood there, silent. “Because she reminded me of you, and I could never say no to you”

Kesh's lips closed as she considered this information. Silence descended, punctuated by Tony's exasperated breathing. Kesh was lost momentarily in thought.
"Your reasoning is flawed," she finally pronounced.
"At the time, you were fully aware that she was not me. And despite my outranking you, you displayed belligerent behaviour numerous times both on and off duty while serving on the Hooke. If you doubt me, your personnel report contains several entries that will elucidate. Additionally, I am not royalty." Tony huffed. “You are insufferable”
She watched as Tony threw her a frustrated glance. "However...I am... relieved... nonetheless." She nodded with a facsimile of satisfaction. "You said you were leaving. Elaborate?"
“I honestly don’t care what you think, but okay yeah. Now this is over….finally. Don’t feel any better. Do you? No, of course you don’t. You don’t feel anything….and not because you’re a hologram”
He flicked his wrist and brought the overlay back, making some changes to her memory engrams “I’m leaving, that’s it. And you won’t be telling anyone anything….so I’m taking a job on a freighter that will take me somewhere I can think. I’ve had it with this goddamn ship and Starfleet for that matter.”
Kesh's expression shifted minutely, awareness dawning that he was, indeed going to delete her memory of this visit.
"Don't." She ordered. "Commander, I am a Starfleet Captain, and you are still in uniform. Stop immediately."
"Sorry Captain. You have no authority on this ship..." He said as he continued typing away.
"Stop immediately," she repeated. "Please stop. Stop." Her voice remained neutral, her concern communicated only by slightly faster delivery. He ignored her. "... The universe," she said, as her holomatrix flickered, "is a cold place without..." One last blink and she stood motionless and silent, her attention shifted to the blank air over her friend's head.

"Friends" he whispered as the memory engrams were wiped. "Take care Kesh. You were always good at that" he said smiling. "Computer, deactivate matrix and reset"
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Damn, that was pretty intense guys - I loved it! I can't wait to see the culmination of Kesh's restoration, and where Tony goes from here.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 pm

::remembers to breathe, just in time::
Stunning!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-