Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto, AWOL

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Tony Adalberto - Kesh Suder Project - Part I

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Tony Adalberto with Kesh Suder

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=353&start=10#p6561
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Tony Adalberto - Kesh Suder Project - Part II

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Tony Adalberto with Kesh Suder

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=353&start=20#p6588
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Tony Adalberto - Kesh Suder Project - Part III

Postby Einar S » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 am

Tony Adalberto with Kesh Suder, feat. Henry Sumner

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=353&p=6649#p6648
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Tony Adalberto - Kesh Suder Project - Part IV

Postby Einar S » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:36 pm

"Henry....I've been thinking about our talk since you picked me up from the Majel and brought me to this damn place.....I figured we'd have time to work on this in private once Kesh was back up and running...literally, but I fear something has changed". He removed the isolinear chip from it's socket and reached for the fork he had snatched from the messhall and broken two tongs off. "What you told me about Sara and Raq and the reporter. I've read the article back and forth..." he sighed as he grabbed his boot, or what was left of it and wrapped the synthetic material around his arm, non-conductive boots - standard procedure for starships and starbases, came in handy when you needed to improvise. "I told Cix that setting off that superweapon was a bad idea...that we wouldn't know the consequences....I told your sister too, she didn't listen to me. Captain's prerogative I know....I don't blame her, she did what she thought was right and in a way....I respect that. Tell her that will you?"

He placed the fork awkwardly in his grip and slid his arm in, finding the materialization matrix....3 centimeters behind that...it should be there, yes. Pattern re-sequencer. Nothing more than a small-scale pattern buffer. He found the release pin and pressed. "Henry I've come up with a plan to...'light fires' as you put it".

A clank, it was loose. The display started blinking an error message and he reached up to silence the alarm before locating the small device and pulling it out of the device. "On this PADD I've set up a trojan program that, when transmitted to the nearest subspace communication relay station will hijack all fleet personnel's outgoing messages and replace them with this report and the same trojan......you can silence one or twenty....but thousands. Wildfire I call it".

He examined the re-sequencer and fiddled with the control board. Disable safeties was the first task, after that the connection to the central computer needed to be disturbed so it wasn't for naught. "I realized something was wrong shortly after my dinner with Kesh and you last night. Someone was following me....I know, this is a secret Intelligence base but this was different. After I came to my quarters, I noticed things weren't where I placed them. My duffel bag had been moved a few centimeters. You can hide a lot of things, but you can't hide dust. I was never one for cleaning my quarters....Nia hated that"

The device sprang open, displaying a small key panel and he set about disabling the safeties. "This morning my codes stopped working. Only the replicator responds to me and this PADD that contained what was left of her". He had deleted the images of Antonia and her final recording, but it needed to be done. He would never forget that beautiful face, or the sound of her voice. "I don't know why they are after me, perhaps it's just because I went AWOL but....I'm afraid they know about the report".

The display blinked red, indicating the safeties were disengaged and he closed the panel on the small part before turning it on its head and opening up the ODN controls. "I don't know how, or why. But I am trusting that you are safe and can continue our mission....once uploaded to the nearest relay station, the message can only be traced back to me. Not you, not the Captain and not Raq....when you told me what you three had planned, I knew there was no going back and I can't have that. What you told me you are happy and the Rho needs you. your sister needs you and Kesh needs you. And Starfleet needs her in that seat....she's an ideological fool sometimes, but she's forged from stronger stuff than you and me and with better morals" he chuckled at that. "We need people like her out there these days, to keep Starfleet on the straight and narrow. Same thing applies to Raqiin.....she's the purest of us, and I think I will miss her the most".

There, ODN uplink disabled. He reached back in and placed the part in its socket and pushed until the part reattached to its socket. "They were going to get me eventually, and I have nothing left to lose anyway. And with this out, they can't make me disappear anyway....they will be forced to give me a trial and that means no torture. I will gladly accept my fate to get the truth out there. And Henry, I promise that your names will never come up. My fingerprints are all over this, along with a statement of passing this information out to Lincoln. Alone"

He picked up the isolinear chip and placed it in the correct slot. The console came back to life.

"Your sister won't accept it. But make her, okay? I'll be fine....I deserve my punishment. I've made mistakes with the people I love, and it's best that I go now. Plus, from what Taemin told me...New Zealand wasn't all that bad".

He walked over to the cot and picked up the PADD and brought it back to the replicator and placed it in the materialization tray. "I'm sending something to your quarters, upload it. Then destroy the PADD. Upon materialization the program will delete all records from your replicator and I will do the same on my end."

He input the manual commands into the replicator's controls, leaving nothing but beeps and his breathing to be recorded onto the PADD.

"Henry, I never liked you. But I always trusted you. I'm trusting you now. I doubt I'll ever see you again, so take care of Kesh for me."

He reached down and stopped the recording, then activated the replicator and saw the PADD disappear.

He reached back in to remove the re-sequencer once more to reset the part, hide his changes but his hand stopped halfway in and he grinned. The safeties were off.

"Computer, a moscow mule please"
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Re: Anthony 'Tony' Adalberto

Postby Shawna F » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:56 pm

I concerned my mom this morning when she overheard me going aaaaaAAAAaaaa Toooonyyyyyyyyyy at this. What a good dude.
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Shawna F wrote:I concerned my mom this morning when she overheard me going aaaaaAAAAaaaa Toooonyyyyyyyyyy at this. What a good dude.

So, not just me who speaks to inanimate logs, then.
Phew!

This was some lovely writing, E. You can feel everything Tony's dealing with in there. Nicely done.

Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Damn nice work, friend!!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Commander