XO Commander Jameson

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant JG

Character Name: Marcus "Racer" Trevanion

Re: XO Commander Jameson

Postby Gunther Vermeulen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Nice, really nice!
Lieutenant, Junior Grade Marcus "Racer" Trevanion
Tactical Officer
USS Bremen
-
CW3 Andrew Harlan / SFI & Section 31 Admiral Cix Jordaïn, AWOL

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: CTO LtCommander Jameson, with Keshir Suder

Postby James Greenman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Sophie Wakeling wrote:She bit her lip in thought, trying to banish some of her more sordid thoughts before Anya caught wind of them. "Ooh, how about Kymar Dremel, assuming he's still alive? He was intense..." she nodded at her own memories, enjoying a few sparse recollections. "Good kisser."

It's all true :smug:

And he's single, ladies!

Great log, both of you. Really good read, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:51 pm

As she span through the air of the sickbay, various thoughts flew through it almost at the same velocity. They had repowered Kesh. They had a limited time span to get proper power back on, by the look of that single red blinking light. She still couldn't hear her friend, but that could just be due to the low power. And how long had Kesh been without power? How long did it take for her to waken and work out the situation? How long had it taken her and Horanda to get things up and running? And how long was too long, before it cause irreparable damage?
Anya took a few minutes of calm breathing, her face against the wall of sickbay, to collect herself.
Now, it was time for the hard work....

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:37 am

I'm glad now I hadn't read this before mission. I mightn't have had the tale go in the direction it did!

Nice writing, Soph. It's good to see you back at it.

Lieutenant

CTO LtCommander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Dead. She was dead. Anya found herself manouvering herself out of sickbay, towards the Jeffries tubes that she knew would get her to the bridge.
No point in wasting their little power with turbo lifts. Plus the effort it took to climb was a distraction. Focusing on putting on foot on the next rung, grabbing to help pull herself up. Rhythmic. Routine. Calming.

She didn't cry again. Hadn't cried since the artificial grav had come back on and she'd hit the ground hard. There would be bruises, and her face was swelling where her cheekbone had caught something on her descent. But she didn't stop to let Horanda or anyone else check her over. She needed to be doing something other than letting her emotions drive her. She needed to do her job. Just like the last time Suder had died on her, and had left her in command. "Bitch" she muttered to herself, as her sore muscles worked.

She knew there was a chance, a slim chance, for Kesh to...live?, but Anya wasn't going to allow herself that dream. If she returned, it was a miracle. If she didn't, well, things would go back to how they were.
Except for the shadow of her in her head. The new, yet old memories from Kesh. The real, yet false conversations they'd had. The requests and promises that had been made.

Finally knowing the next hatch took her to the bridge, Jameson braced herself for a moment against the walls, breathing deeply. She would enter that room with dignity and gravitas. Or with as much as you can after having climbed through several Jefferies tubes. And she would organise the security teams to assist with the injured. And she would excel at her job. And at no point would Anya forget that she was the one still alive.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:24 pm

I love the tempo of that ending, Soph.
It's almost like she's building to a Hulk Smash! moment.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:21 pm

brilliant log, so glad you're writing again :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Snigger. You'll regret it! :)

Lieutenant

CTO Lt Commander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Anya looked out of the viewscreen, seeing nothing but debris of the moon and station. How did things get to this? Wasn’t she only just coming back on board from her phaser blast injury?
She gave a small sigh, muffling it from the crew on the bridge. From a terrorist attack, to reconstructive surgery, to section 13 meddling….This was supposed to just be a recon mission and now they are about to be eaten by a hungry giant space amoeba. A hungry giant space amoeba……
Anya knew she barely had time to think, something needed to be done to stop their imminent demise. But something that won’t anger if further, and shorten their already potentially minute lifespan.
And naturally this is the time that her mind goes blank. Unless she can use her mind? Would if even understand them?

Lieutenant

CTO Lt Commander Jameson

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Personal log, Stardate 11609.29

I don't even feel guilty. We have destroyed a life form, one that may have been the only one in existence. At the very beginning of it's life. And I don't feel guilty.
It was a threat. We left it as long as we could, could find no other way to save ourselves, and therefore sacrificed the one for the many.
Plus, this headache it gave me doesn't help it's cause.
::pause::
Sometimes I wonder if I'm becoming petty. You would think that being in space, exploring, would make me more open minded, more tolerant. But this situation has made me question it.
I guess I'll find out over time. And I guess everything that's going on at the moment will help me understand myself better.
Maybe I'll get into contact with Tam. I haven't seen the Bolitho's since Kesh's memorial. Would be good for me to talk with friends, even if they are distant ones now.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Bremen