ENG Cadet Sikkat

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Cadet

ENG Cadet Sikkat

Postby Sikkat J » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Personal Log, supplemental. I arrived on the Sentinel. Immediately upon reaching the vessel, I was instructed to report to the port nacelle to assist with repairs. There I was met by Lt Petrov. He was comforting quick and concise with his introduction and explanation of the job at hand. Sensing the feel from the crew it was not unwelcome to encounter determination and compassion in this I passed working on the ship. Of course there was some resentment on behalf of those that had the first duty shots, but by and large my experience upon arriving on the Sentinel was a positive one. The layout of the ship is fortunately as I remembered it to be and the crew here is friendly enough. One thing that as a little o

I will have to make a note to ascertain exactly what modifications have been made to her systems. It is efficient and may, through ignorance less to what Lt Petrov has designated quite a shock. I am glad to know that the level of electricity that constitutes such a measurement in the lieutenant's eyes is well below any that would leave any lasting harm.

On the recommendation of councilor Treen, I will annotate to the end of my lug this addendum on how My emotions were mandated throughout the day. As of my waking the station was relatively quiet allowing me to easily control my emotions I headed to engage in my morning physical routine then Showered before getting breakfast. Heading to the docking station I checked the time that the sentinel as in. Docking areas are always some of the worst people in transition, no matter the race seem to have issues. There are of course exceptions to this, but regardless of if it is dread or excitement people's emotions are generally far stronger. I had properly prepared for this and had little trouble remaining discipline. Often I wonder if it is something I still need to do. It has been years since I was a child on Betazed since I last lost control, still it would be illogical of myself to believe that loosing control of my emotions due to the spike i got from another would be impossible. This exercise takes little time and will help me to understand what troubles I have. I started with a solid base and was centered when I was confronted by the strongest emotions that I would be for that day. Controlling what little of theirs that bleed over into mine was a simple matter today. End log.

Cadet

Re: ENG Cadet Sikkat

Postby Sikkat J » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Duty Log
Supplemental

Due to requests from my supervisors, I will include less detail in the log of this shift than standard. Further references will be included and attached as data reference points that may be accessed to be considered a full report on my shift. Upon reporting to my shift, I began standard maintenance as was assigned. This progress lasted for only one hour 22 minuets before I was taken off that assignment and asked to suit up to prepare to board the Scarecrow. I proceeded to prepare for a data retrieval away mission onto the Scarecrow, Due to inaccessibility to her main computer core, we beamed in near the secondary core.

At this point I am uncertain as to the stance of an order, so I will elaborate on the being that was currently occupying the ship. It was a simple being that was using the scarecrow's hull as a means of protection as it when about its actions. Though specific information about the appearance and qualities of the being are doubtless included in the Chief Science Officer's report, Lt. sh'Tolar requested that I include that the creature should be aptly described by the adjective gross. LtJG Hamlet stated that such a description was inapt and at the time Lt. sh'Tolar deferred, however, after boarding the vessel she reaffirmed her opinion was confirmed by herself. Upon returning to the ship further comment was made upon this with less conscious intent. The comment was significant enough that it was logical to exercise prudence and include this in the log.

The secondary computer core had some damage to it, but locating and downloading the relevant data was a matter of standard connection bridging. Lt. sh'Tolar provided over-watch while I completed the task. When the data was done being downloaded, we returned via the same route. Aboard the ship, damage to the data port aside, all actions taken are a matter of the communications record1 or the initial mission briefing report2. After returning to the Sentinel, the data was repaired and analyzed in Engineering and relevant data was referred to the bridge crew while the processed an action plan. The data corruption resulted in a 2.345697% data loss, however due to standard storage procedure, 92.387% of that could be logically inferred by surrounding data3. Below are attached detailed records relevant to my report should further analysis be required.

[Attached.]

Personal Log
Supplemental

Lt. sh'Tolar and I once again had out disagreement on the relevance of applying personal, subjective analysis in the workplace. Once more it ended in the same result. I shall have to remember at some point in the near future remember to access basic psychology materials in reference to such as it pertains to Andorians. I have come to find that for humans this application of personal subjective views upon objects and beings with drastically different characteristics than their own. Such action allows them to empathize with them and through that empathy nurtures the desire to further their understanding of it toward whatever end is deemed appropriate. Given the Lieutenant's emotional state while she had the conversation I find it likely that this is the mindset she is in as well. However, it would be remiss of me not to seek out at least one reference with which to analyze the confirmation bias on my opinion to increase my confidence margin on the situation.
Beyond that, I should comment here that the lack of emotion of any recognizable nature from the being aboard the scarecrow was not atypical of beings that had achieved its level of development and as such, did not surprise or intrigue me.

At a later date I will give a more detailed account of the transpiration, but as of yet the duty shifts I have been on have not allowed for the needed time to meditate on what occurred, at least not to give sufficient consideration to the degree I am able to give the encounter personal consideration.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

That was a great read. I like the dynamic Ilia and Sikkat are developing :)
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Hah, that was great, I loved it - really nice log, you play a Vulcan so well and the dynamic between ENG and CEO is developing beautifully. Keep it up!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel